Coles to Bengals

JoeF

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I wanted him, that is way-overpaying him. I am sorry, but he is not that valuable. There are other veteran WRs we need to go look at now. And just as importantly, address the LB issue and try to get Waters

They've got their 2 30+ year old receivers for Palmer to throw to.

Edwards has Evans and little else aside from slot receiver-on-most-teams-but-#2 here Josh Reed.

High price, but it allows Cincy to concentrate on OL and DL in the draft.

Buffalo meanwhile still requires help all over.

$28M for 4 years per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...=NFL&id=109

Bengals agreed to terms with WR Laveranues Coles, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter. The deal will pay $28 million over four years.

The Front Office played this one right. As much as I would like to see a veteran receiver to help mold our young guys and to take some pressure off of Evans, that is just too high a price for Coles.

you are obsessed

having said that, $7 Million a year they can have him.

Just saying, if I am a WR I look at who is getting me the ball...a proven Elite QB like Palmer who throws all over the field or an unproven conservative QB like Edwards...so I dont blame him for looking hard at Cincy and going there...

Not to mention, that is too much money to tie up in Coles IMO...

It is too much. There are still some veteran free agents and others worth exploring a trade for out there. If not, maybe Hardy or Johnson will have a good year, probably Johnson.

Just proves NFL free agency, all about the $$, not about wining.

Mixed feelings. That's a lot of money...but we still have a need there IMO. Kind of ambivalent.

We don't know how much is guaranteed.

We do know that his agent won't get fired.

Our team attracts flies, not talent.

Our team attracts flies, not talent.

why are you here. Honestly, why. Do you get your kicks from trying to sound a gloomy yet stupid post in every possible thread you can? Are you JP Losman??????????????????/