Coles to Bengals

JoeF

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much money... and too long of a contract. I can't say I'm happy that Buffalo didn't get him, but I'm happy they didn't get him at that price.

Onward and upward. Use that money to solidfy the OL. A productive running game will make Edwards a better QB, and Evans, Reed, Jackson better recievers, the same way a high quality DE will make our secondary better on the other side of the ball.

Our team attracts flies, not talent.

That's a true fan right there. At least you still have your car and the ability to stand on the other side of the "do not cross" tape while you have your picture taken.

For people who say he's being paid too much, note that money isn't an issue with the Bills and that they're way under the cap. Since the Bengals are too, it's an irrelevant issue for them as well. I'm surprised people here have a problem with spending a plutocrat's money to improve the team. I wasn't a huge proponent of signing Coles, but he's better than what we have. Maybe some other option will come through. Given the circumstances, though, he was probably the best option. I fear that Toomer is simply too slow at this point.

Bryant Johnson, part 2.

Apparently, free agent WRs do not flock to Buffalo to be a part of our underwhelming aerial display.

Relax. Coles DID come to Buffalo -- and he reportedly received a very strong offer from the Bills. When the Bengals decided to WAY overpay for his services the Bills wisely chose not to get into a bidding war.

The Bills are F*CKED!. Every day we look more and more like the leagues biggest joke! This is another chapter in a sad saga for us life long Bills fans. Every time a halfway big name visits Buffalo they are just using us to raise thier cost for another team. After nearly 40 years of being a die hard I am getting closer to just saying that Toronto can have them, it sucks being irrelevant year after year.

For people who say he's being paid too much, note that money isn't an issue with the Bills and that they're way under the cap. Since the Bengals are too, it's an irrelevant issue for them as well. I'm surprised people here have a problem with spending a plutocrat's money to improve the team. I wasn't a huge proponent of signing Coles, but he's better than what we have. Maybe some other option will come through. Given the circumstances, though, he was probably the best option. I fear that Toomer is simply too slow at this point.

The Cap is not the only issue. The Bills only made 12 million in profit last year from what I understand. Throw in an economic decline, and they're likely to be looking at narrower numbers this year.

Dave,

I see your point of view.

Mine is that while I have no problem spending Ralph Wilson's money and really dont care what they paid Coles....but that whatever money they gave him will probably have a direct impact on how much we offer to other free agents.....

We still have a lot of needs.....I actually think a quality tight end is going to be worth more to this team then a 2nd receiver.......hoping we get both.

This actually makes Coles more highly payed then Housyourmama....

Do the bengals realize what they just did?

Oh well........

:lol:

I would have taken Housh over Coles if everything was equal and even if Housh cost $1 mil more. If people think the Bills are run poorly look to the Bungles.

There's still a chance to trade for Holt. Please!!! :rolleyes: