Who Would You Rather Have................................

H2o

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year Cutler was more productive. Cutler has got the better arm, but he makes bad, costly decisions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trent has better qb rating and wins then Cutler moving forward. He won't have as many TD's as Cutler because of the system that they are in, plus Cutler is more of a gun slinger.

Cutler doesn't strike me as a leader, he's mopy and non chalant.

Trent on the other hand I believe carries himself more like a leader. Trent seems calm, composed and a student of the game. I absolutely believe that he will make just as good of a jump from his second to third year as he did from his first to second. If that is the case, he will be a qb with a passer rating in the 90's. I absolutely expect it from Trent next year, if he can stay healthy.

I wanted Buffalo to get Cutler before the Broncos got him, it didn't happen. Now it is possible they have the opportunity and he is a fit for the team, toe city, and the fans. Ralph if you do one thing please acquire this franchise qb. Not since Bledsoe have I bought a Bills qb jersey. I would pony up for a Cutler jersey.

This ought to be a good debate. I would rather have Cutler because of the arm strength and ability alone. He makes mistakes at times, but what young QB doesn't? He reminds me of a young Brett Favre and would be the first legitimate franchise QB that we've had since Kelly. I don't think we can honestly say that Trent makes better decisions in game situations than Cutler. We know Cutler can play well in the Buffalo weather because he was good in Denver and would fit better with our #1, under contract for 5 more years, WR Lee Evans. I don't believe that Trent has a greater "upside" than Cutler. Just don't see it. That's just my 2 cents though.

CUTLER...although A concussion free Trent is a pretty good QB. But all it takes it one shot to the head--then hes throwing 5 pics in the first half

I might be a homer but here are some stats...

Trent after 2 seasons (24 games)

643 Attempts

396 Completions

61.6%

4,329 Yards

6.7 Yards Per Attempt

18 TDs

18 INT

79.15 Rating

12 Wins - 12 Losses

Cutler after 2 seasons (21 games)

604 Attempts

378 Completions

62.6%

4498 Yards

7.4 Yards Per Attempt

28 TDs

19 INT

88.20 Rating

9 Wins - 12 Losses

I might be a home but here are some stats...

Trent after 2 seasons (24 games)

643 Attempts

396 Completions

61.6%

4,329 Yards

6.7 Yards Per Attempt

18 TDs

18 INT

79.15 Rating

12 Wins - 12 Losses

Cutler after 2 seasons (21 games)

604 Attempts

378 Completions

62.6%

4498 Yards

7.4 Yards Per Attempt

28 TDs

19 INT

88.20 Rating

9 Wins - 12 Losses

Better offensive coaching too. And better weapons in Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler.

Why would Denver consider trading their "franchise" Cutler? I mean isn't it difficult to find a good franchise qb? I'm thinking that the Denver brass is'nt completely sold. Its a fair question.

The trade talks were in the context of a 3 way deal with Cassel going to Denver.

Josh McDaniels is the new head coach in Denver and was Cassel's quarterbacks coach since he came into the league. He must love Cassel. Also he's probably going to run a similar system as New England and thinks Cassel is a great fit.

The trade talks were in the context of a 3 way deal with Cassel going to Denver.

Josh McDaniels is the new head coach in Denver and was Cassel's quarterbacks coach since he came into the league. He must love Cassel. Also he's probably going to run a similar system as New England and thinks Cassel is a great fit.

Denver is still talking to Detroit about a possible two team trade...

The question doesn't ask us to consider other factors but in addition to the big difference in money, how about the fact that Cutler was taken 11th overall and Trent was taken 92nd overall?

I'm probably crazy but I'm a huge Trent fan....I'll take Trent. But to even have this debate is a compliment to Trent.

I would respectfully disagree. Once you are drafted and in camp it matters not what position you were drafted in.

Should we factor in the 6.2 million dollar difference in price tag?

I'll take Edwards plus the money.

Are you kidding? I dont think you understand just how much money we have to spend. The Skins just signed Albert, Hall, and Dock to total of almost 190 million dollars. They had 8 MILLION in cap room going into the off season. We had something like 37 million. We would sign everyone and their mother and still be well below the cap. We are not going to spend that 6.2 mil you would save on the cap hit, Ralph is going to take it to the grave.

its obviously cutler, he has the same lack of targets that we have and he is still a stud for such a young player. He is kind of an arrogant prick but i dont mind that, its better than having a soft leader that wont get in someones face. you need your qb to have confidence and his cannon doesnt hurt either. kid is going to be great as long as denver gets him some good receivers, lee and jay would be best friends if he was a bill.

I would respectfully disagree. Once you are drafted and in camp it matters not what position you were drafted in.

I dont think thats true, losman will be in the league as a backup for many years just because he was a first round pick. it definately matters what position you are drafted in