Apparently the FO screwed up trading Dockery

coastalpika

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to post about this. If this is true, then I'm done paying attention until the draft maybe. Are you kidding me with this. The Bills had the opportunity to let this guy go to Detroit where ALL of his salary would have come of the books and gotten a draft pick or two out of it. But instead, because they didn't use FedEx, they eat his salary and get nothing back?

This is by far the dumbest thing the Bills could have done, besides keep DJ as head coach.

This would upset me more than anything else we do/don't do this offseason. Even if it were a trade for a 5th round pick, at least that is something compared to nothing.

Somehow, I am not suprised that we would bugger up an opportunity like this.

Who's fault would that be? Brandon I suppose?

The Bills had the opportunity to let this guy go to Detroit where ALL of his salary would have come of the books

I don't believe there is any difference money wise in cutting or trading a player. Either way the salary is off the books and the remainder of the amortized bonus all comes due as soon as he leaves.

I don't believe there is any difference money wise in cutting or trading a player. Either way the salary is off the books and the remainder of the amortized bonus all comes due as soon as he leaves.

this is exactly right.

now, there were no deadlines here. dock didn't have to be cut before any given date, so it's not like the bills didn't get the paper work in in time. there was no deadline.

i think dock might not have liked the lions, so disagreed on a new contract, so the bills just let him go.

Who would take on his old contract?

They would have been paying him about 5mil/year with no signing bonus responsibility. Washington ended up paying him about 5mil/year but are on the hook for whatever his bonus is if they cut him before the end of the contract.

I honestly do not understand this team...I really don't....I have no idea what to say...

We created 2 more holes on this team and only signed Fitzpatrick...

We could have traded Dockery, but why bother checking the fax machine...lets just cut him....

Are you kidding me???