Fitzpatrick signed!!

A good signing and a quality 2nd QB. Smart, understands offenses and defenses and will fill his duty well. It is an upgrade as he is better than JP and will be a solid 2nd QB........he is not going to win you a SB but can go in and win a handful of games for you. Or at least have the common sense to throw a ball away before the 2 minute warning instead of taking a sack and fumbling.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brett Favre was our starting QB, it would be a good signing. But we have Trent Edwards, which means he will see ample playing time. Not a good thing,

if farve was out starting QB, there would be people saying Losman was a perfect fit for our offense

Yay! We signed...a...guy...who was a 3rd stringer for his entire career...up until last season...

Actually his stats for last season weren't too bad. 8 TD passes vs 9 INTs for 1905 yds & just under 60& completion percentage. He also had over 300 yds running.

The negatives?? His average yards per passing attempt was 5.1. His yds per rush was higher at around 6.0. Both Whoseyourmomma and Ocho Cinco averaged about 10 yds per reception which is pretty poor. I remember being offered Housh in my FFL but all I had to see were games like 7 receptions for about 50 yds to stay away from him. So, no deep balls from this guy. Probably for the best considering the RWS weather factor, but you'd like to have the threat.

Sure we could've picked up Rosenfels for a 4th but we didn't.

He had a worse completion percentage than JP did this year (59.4 vs. 60.6), but a better TD%, was sacked less frequently, and threw fewer interceptions per attempt.

I can't conclusively say that he's better than JP, but I don't think he was significantly worse.

However, the Bills really could have used an older vet QB who could have taught Edwards something about the game, not some guy who kept the lights on when Palmer got hurt.

I was waiting for Frerotte to be cut after the Vikes traded for Rosenfels.

Seriously? What a joke. What is the point of this? A guy who should compete for a back-up job. What's he going to do. He can't possibly be a starter, so he won't push Trent. Trent will get hurt, so we give the reigns to this guy. I mean c'mon, just make a sign that says: "screw it, now we're just rubbing it in"

Seriously? What a joke. What is the point of this? A guy who should compete for a back-up job. What's he going to do. He can't possibly be a starter, so he won't push Trent. Trent will get hurt, so we give the reigns to this guy. I mean c'mon, just make a sign that says: "screw it, now we're just rubbing it in"

Doubling the chroise.