It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/15/...cealed-firearm/

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch has been arrested and charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm, according to a press release from the Culver City Police Department. The announcement confirms that it was Lynch who was involved in this incident last Wednesday night.

According to a police announcement e-mailed to Pro Football Talk, Culver City police officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they came into contact with three adult males in a 2006 Mercedes Benz.

After speaking with the occupants, they determined that one of the men in the car was Lynch, the Bills starting running back. A field investigation led to the “discovery of a loaded firearm.”

According to the report: “The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possesion of a concealed firearm.”

Lynch was tranported to the booking center and was later released on $35,000 bond. Police officials said that the case will be submitted to the District Attorney’s office for filing consideration.

As Mike Florio wrote when he first reported about the arrest in two posts earlier today, Lynch could possibly face sanctions under the NFL’s personal conduct policy depending on his legal status and how NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell views this incident.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Now it's official. Wilson is on it.

BILLS’ LYNCH CHARGED WITH POSSESSION OF A CONCEALED FIREARM

Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 15, 2009, 3:42 p.m.

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch has been arrested and charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm, according to a press release from the Culver City Police Department. The announcement confirms that it was Lynch who was involved in this incident last Wednesday night.

According to a police announcement e-mailed to Pro Football Talk, Culver City police officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they came into contact with three adult males in a 2006 Mercedes Benz.

After speaking with the occupants, they determined that one of the men in the car was Lynch, the Bills starting running back. A field investigation led to the “discovery of a loaded firearm.”

What a jack @$$. Talk about sh-- for brains.

He had some issues before being drafted, had the hit and run last year, and now this.

Bills need to draft guys that don't have issues and aren't stupid.

These athletes are caught between two worlds in a sense. They are rich and famous yes, but the still feel the need to "keep it real" by hanging out with their old friends and doing the things they did at 17-18 years old. It's crazy to think that some one would risk all they have, coming from nothing, by doing these completely STUPID things. I'm shocked. I thought he would've learned his lesson after last season.

He had some issues before being drafted, had the hit and run last year, and now this.

I thought it was time for us to throw character out the window and bring in some guys with attitudes??

These athletes are caught between two worlds in a sense. They are rich and famous yes, but the still feel the need to "keep it real" by hanging out with their old friends and doing the things they did at 17-18 years old. It's crazy to think that some one would risk all they have, coming from nothing, by doing these completely STUPID things. I'm shocked. I thought he would've learned his lesson after last season.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you get any smarter.

Wasn't Levy only drafting players with character? Whoever runs the front office when Levy was there has taken guys like Lynch and Hardy who won't ever be considered character guys.

The irony is, Lynch is a Levy pick, and he had some character concerns before the draft. So I guess Marv and Dick relented somewhat in order to acquire talent, and it's biting Buffalo in the behind. No one is immune from this stuff.

Wasn't Levy only drafting players with character? Whoever runs the front office when Levy was there has taken guys like Lynch and Hardy who won't ever be considered character guys.

The irony is, Lynch is a Levy pick, and he had some character concerns before the draft. So I guess Marv and Dick relented somewhat in order to acquire talent, and it's biting Buffalo in the behind. No one is immune from this stuff.

FOOTBALL Character....but I realize it's comforting to spout BS in times like these. :wallbash:

There is a strong rumor going around about Marshawn Lynch being arrested.....

I can not find verification that this is true. The site given in another blog could be or could not be a hoax at this point in time. It is hard to say right now.

But it does smack of it being a hoax.....

Personally I believe it to be a hoax. NOTHING but nothing is being said on the Internet from a reputable source.

If this were true, all the media sports sites would be loaded with it. There is no mention of it anywhere.

This makes me think the whole thing is nothing more than a hoax...

If nothing comes out on the wires by tomorrow we will know it is a hoax for sure.

The incident supposedly happened last Wednesday...

I will not get all that excited till I know it really happened.

If it did however, the Bills are further up ***** creek then they already are with lack of talent....

FOOTBALL Character....but I realize it's comforting to spout BS in times like these. :wallbash:

It's BS all right. And no one, least of all me, is comforted that the team's star RB has been arrested.

The fact is, we were told the Bills would be looking for high character players while Levy was the GM. And every team in the league can say that, but it doesn't remove the fact that players can come from (EDIT: rough) upbringings and exhibit this sort of behavior.

But I forgot that's BS.

Boy the Levy drafts are starting look worse all the time.

WAS MARSHAWN LYNCH ARRESTED IN L.A.?

Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2009, 7:30 a.m. EST

The title to this article is technically incorrect; there should be no question mark.

Marshawn Lynch recently was arrested in Los Angeles. The question is whether it was the same Marshawn Lynch who runs with the football for the Bills, and who on at least one occasion has driven recklessly on the streets of Buffalo.

Click this lick, insert the name “Marshawn Lynch,” and follow your nose.

You’ll find on the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department web site that a man named “Marshawn Terrell Lynch” was arrested February 11, 2009 on a felony charge by the Culver City police department.

“Marshawn Terrell Lynch” is described as being six feet tall and weighing 220 pounds. His listed date of birth is April 2, 1986.

The Bills’ employee in question also is named “Marshawn Terrell Lynch.” He is officially listed in the 2008 NFL Record & Fact Book as 5′11″ and 215 pounds.

The only noticeable difference? The Lynch who plays for the Bills was born on April 22, 1986.

So is it the same guy who was busted and then released less than two hours later on $35,000 bond?

That’s what we’re trying to find out.

I just now picked this up on another wed site ....... I still think it is a hoax (about our Marshawn Lynch) I hope anyway......