It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

I'm not all over the place. All I've said is if he was targeted for DWB then yes he's a victim but, I don't know what happened yet. If there is no good reason given by the police as to why he was pulled over then I'd call it racial profiling. As I stated above a friend of mine was targeted for DWB.

Well, this would simply have to be true, so I won't address it.

In any event, most searches are consensual. People get nervous and give consent. Police have every right to ask a motorist to search their trunk. In court, the lies begin as to whether or not they granted consent. Some departments have consent forms to sign but they are often useless because people can claim that they were forced to sign threm at gunpoint, etc. There are many other possibilities:

1) Lynch took responsibility to save his companions.

2) One (or more) of his companions fingered Lynch on the scene.

3) There was a 911 call alerting the police to this vehicle.

The list is endless.

It might also be worth considering the possibility that he does this (gun violations) whenever he feels like it, and this happened to be the time he got caught. Lynch plays hard, but past behavior indicates that he pretty much does as he pleases off the field. If the gun wasn't planted (do you think it was?), Lynch was riding around with an illegal handgun. Ya think that he has ever done this before?

I don't care about Lynch as a person, but this is bad for the team. Jauron is already weak, and there are young players who will see this and think that it is OK. His behavior is not helping the team, and the thought of him being a victim is laughable if you will excuse me.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this would simply have to be true, so I won't address it.

In any event, most searches are consensual. People get nervous and give consent. Police have every right to ask a motorist to search their trunk. In court, the lies begin as to whether or not they granted consent. Some departments have consent forms to sign but they are often useless because people can claim that they were forced to sign threm at gunpoint, etc. There are many other possibilities:

1) Lynch took responsibility to save his companions.

2) One (or more) of his companions fingered Lynch on the scene.

3) There was a 911 call alerting the police to this vehicle.

The list is endless.

It might also be worth considering the possibility that he does this (gun violations) whenever he feels like it, and this happened to be the time he got caught. Lynch plays hard, but past behavior indicates that he pretty much does as he pleases off the field. If the gun wasn't planted (do you think it was?), Lynch was riding around with an illegal handgun. Ya think that he has ever done this before?

I don't care about Lynch as a person, but this is bad for the team. Jauron is already weak, and there are young players who will see this and think that it is OK. His behavior is not helping the team, and the thought of him being a victim is laughable if you will excuse me.

Have you ever been pulled over because the cop was thinking about buying a car like yours?

I never said he didn't give consent to have the car searched. I said it's odd that no reason was given for pulling him over. If the cops can't supply a good reason for pulling him over then why do you think they pulled him over?

If you had read my posts I said already I didn't think the cops planted the gun. That's not what DWB means. DWB is pulling over a black guy for no good reason like thinking of buying that model car. If my friend had pushed it he probably could have gotten the cop a reprimand on his record. JMO

He's a rich, young, famous, probably fearful NFL player who comes from a very bad neighborhood who's no doubt had little guidance from the NFL on how to handle his own security. Doesn't make it right, but it also doesn't make him someone you "throw the book at" either.

Hell, let's give him another chance. :w00t:

He's a rich, young, famous, probably fearful NFL player who comes from a very bad neighborhood who's no doubt had little guidance from the NFL on how to handle his own security. Doesn't make it right, but it also doesn't make him someone you "throw the book at" either.

If he needed a handgun to "handle his own security", he should have filled out and submitted this. Would have saved him a lot of hassle yesterday.

Hell, let's give him another chance. :w00t:

If they suspend him for a few games, fine. He made a mistake. But you have to admit that an awful lot of NFL players have been at the business end of a gun, some have obviously died and it doesn't look as if the league is providing much guidance or protection for them. This is not a situation where you throw the guy out of the league for a bad decision because he was illegally providing protection for himself so is doesn't get killed from someone who wants his money and valuables. The league needs to intervene and do something because too many players have been shot, robbed and now are getting caught with illegal firearms for protection sake.

What they should do is to give a date and tell all players with non registered guns to surrender them without repercussions. Going forward, those who want guns and would legally obtain a concealed licence can do so, those who can't get one would receive a stipend for an armed security guard when formally requested by the player, or the player can take of the armed security themselves. I provided a list of NFL players and gun incidences, this issue is clearly not going away especially in this very bad economy. It's only going to get worse.

Your quick sound bite stuff doesn't cut it. This is clearly a growing problem with dire consequences on both sides.

If they suspend him for a few games, fine. He made a mistake. But you have to admit that an awful lot of NFL players have been at the business end of a gun, some have obviously died and it doesn't look as if the league is providing much guidance or protection for them. This is not a situation where you throw the guy out of the league for a bad decision because he was illegally providing protection for himself so is doesn't get killed from someone who wants his money and valuables. The league needs to intervene and do something because too many players have been shot, robbed and now are getting caught with illegal firearms for protection sake.

What they should do is to give a date and tell all players with non registered guns to surrender them without repercussions. Going forward, those who want guns and would legally obtain a concealed licence can do so, those who can't get one would receive a stipend for an armed security guard when formally requested by the player, or the player can take of the armed security themselves. I provided a list of NFL players and gun incidences, this issue is clearly not going away especially in this very bad economy. It's only going to get worse.

Your quick sound bite stuff doesn't cut it. This is clearly a growing problem with dire consequences on both sides.

Why should the league pay for body guards. These guys make more than enough to do it themselves. JMO

Have you ever been pulled over because the cop was thinking about buying a car like yours?

I never said he didn't give consent to have the car searched. I said it's odd that no reason was given for pulling him over. If the cops can't supply a good reason for pulling him over then why do you think they pulled him over?

If you had read my posts I said already I didn't think the cops planted the gun. That's not what DWB means. DWB is pulling over a black guy for no good reason like thinking of buying that model car. If my friend had pushed it he probably could have gotten the cop a reprimand on his record. JMO

I am white. I was once pulled over, in a bad neghborhood, late at night, simply because I "looked like someone who might be solicitating prostitution, or looking for drugs". I wasn't ticketed, my car was searched and I was on my way.

The truth was, I had pulled off the wrong exit on the interstate, and was simply looking for someplace to turnaround. The cop was following me the whole time once I got off the exit. I finally pulled into a closed gas station parking lot, to turn around, and he pulled me over. When the cop pulled me over he pretty much told me I was being pulled over, for the color of my skin. Of course, it always makes one nervous when they get pulled over by a cop... when he asked me if I knew what kind of neghborhood this was, I simply said "yes", because it looked bad..I had never been there... he took my "yes" is some sort of relevant admission that I was up to something.

It really didn't bother me at the time. But the more I thought about it, the more pissed off I started to get. I hadn't done anything wrong, and there was no reason to stop me. I hadn't made any illegal traffic moves, hadn't slowed down to talk with anyone, simply drove the speed limit, and turned around. I told my father (a retired police officer) and he gave me the cops point of view. He told me that I didn't have to agree to the search (I did), and reminded me that the cop has a job to to in that neighborhood.

I am white. I was once pulled over, in a bad neghborhood, late at night, simply because I "looked like someone who might be solicitating prostitution, or looking for drugs". I wasn't ticketed, my car was searched and I was on my way.

The truth was, I had pulled off the wrong exit on the interstate, and was simply looking for someplace to turnaround. The cop was following me the whole time once I got off the exit. I finally pulled into a closed gas station parking lot, to turn around, and he pulled me over. When the cop pulled me over he pretty much told me I was being pulled over, for the color of my skin. Of course, it always makes one nervous when they get pulled over by a cop... when he asked me if I knew what kind of neghborhood this was, I simply said "yes", because it looked bad..I had never been there... he took my "yes" is some sort of relevant admission that I was up to something.

It really didn't bother me at the time. But the more I thought about it, the more pissed off I started to get. I hadn't done anything wrong, and there was no reason to stop me. I hadn't made any illegal traffic moves, hadn't slowed down to talk with anyone, simply drove the speed limit, and turned around. I told my father (a retired police officer) and he gave me the cops point of view. He told me that I didn't have to agree to the search (I did), and reminded me that the cop has a job to to in that neighborhood.

His job is arresting people who commit crimes. Not hassling people who MIGHT commit crimes.

His job is arresting people who commit crimes. Not hassling people who MIGHT commit crimes.

Yes, sorry, didn't get a chance to finish my post (pesky work got in the way). I respect my dad a lot, but I think there is a different perspective from cops than there is for us who are just civilians. I guess I can sort of see things from both perspectives, although, I don't think both stand up in a court of law.

So just a wild wild lucky guess that the guys had a loaded handgun in their car. Amazing psychic ability on the part pf the cop.

What, pray tell, was the tipoff that they had a loaded handgun in their car? So far the police have refused to divulge why they "contacted" Lynch and his buds, much less what led them to search the car.

The only thing i know about this case is that Marshawn's lawyer was very quick to release a statement to the press. Not much was said last year with the Traffic Ticket until the day of the fine payment. This leads me to believe the Lawyer thinks this case is a joke. I seriously doubt the lawyer would lie to the press so here is what we know.

1) It wasn't Marshawn's car.

2) It wasn't on Marshawn's person.

3) Marshawn wasn't driving.

4) The gun was in the trunk.

5) There wasn't an altercation.

6) No reason is givin for the stop.

7) The police somehow deduced the gun was Marshawn's. How?

LA cops can be racist and corrupt history has proven that.

Marshawn's lawyer is going to have a field day.

To

The only thing i know about this case is that Marshawn's lawyer was very quick to release a statement to the press. Not much was said last year with the Traffic Ticket until the day of the fine payment. This leads me to believe the Lawyer thinks this case is a joke. I seriously doubt the lawyer would lie to the press so here is what we know.

1) It wasn't Marshawn's car.

2) It wasn't on Marshawn's person.

3) Marshawn wasn't driving.

4) The gun was in the trunk.

5) There wasn't an altercation.

6) No reason is givin for the stop.

7) The police somehow deduced the gun was Marshawn's. How?

LA cops can be racist and corrupt history has proven that.

Marshawn's lawyer is going to have a field day.

To

Until something else comes out regarding the facts of the incident, this is exactly what I'm going to believe