It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered the possibility that he admitted the gun was his and that's why HE was arrested, Detective Columbo?

Um, yes. I have considered that. However, it seems there was no reason for them to be pulled over in the first place. Should he have a loaded gun...no. But if it was in the trunk and they weren't doing anything wrong, than I put a lot more blame on the police than on Marshawn and I think the case won't go very far in court. To me, the hit and run was a MUCH bigger deal

Have you considered the possibility that he admitted the gun was his and that's why HE was arrested, Detective Columbo?

Have you considered the possibility that he was arrested because he owned the vehicle in which an unlicensed gun was found?

Let me preface what I am about to say with this;

I REALLY want to like Marshawn and LOVE BEASTMODE.

But WTF is he thinking. Seriously. Learn from the mistakes of others and yourself man. What are you doing with an unliscenced handgun. (i have no problem with LEGAL firearms).

Even if you use your illegal weapon 100% in self defense, it still does not change the fact that you have an unliscenced pistol and you WILL STILL go to jail for using/possessing an unliscecned weapon.

you have all the money in the world, pay some guy to fill out the paperwork for you to make your gun legal or hire a bodyguard. Marshawn you make it so hard for the average fan to support and cheer for you...

Did the cops know he was worth millions??

;)

Um, yes. I have considered that. However, it seems there was no reason for them to be pulled over in the first place. Should he have a loaded gun...no. But if it was in the trunk and they weren't doing anything wrong, than I put a lot more blame on the police than on Marshawn and I think the case won't go very far in court. To me, the hit and run was a MUCH bigger deal

Exactly. Just like in the Chippewa hit and run Lynch is the real victim here. ;)

What, pray tell, was the tipoff that they had a loaded handgun in their car? So far the police have refused to divulge why they "contacted" Lynch and his buds, much less what led them to search the car.

You seem to be very concerned about the police conduct, and shrugging off the issue that is of concern to us as Bills Fans.

From a political standpoint, I can see your point of view. I disagree with it, but so what? Not every citizen is forced to like, or even care at all about the police. It is from the perspective of a Bills Fan that I find your attitude confusing.

If it wasn't already the case (and imo it most certainly was), Lynch is now officially a problem for the Bills in terms of the way he conducts himself off the field. Can this weak team realy afford to lose him? He was a first round draft choice and is being paid to work in a system that has rules. Don't you think that he knew this before he got into that car? Or, when he took off after hitting the girl?

You otoh are depicting the situation as a police problem. It isn't, unless they made up the story about mowing down a girl and leaving the scene, and/or planted the gun. Your seeming disdain for police aside, neither of those scenarios is all that plausible. No, this is a problem for Ralph who is paying him, and Bills Fans who are starving for a playoff appearance.

Personally, I don't give a flying s :censored: t about Lynch. He seems like a fairly bright kid with millions of dollars, who doesn't think that rules and laws apply to him. His problem is probably one of self control and self centeredness, as opposed to a mental midget like Travis Henry. If you believe that police are the problem, you must also believe that Lynch is a victim. The two go hand in hand. Do you now think that he will straighten out? Or, how many more chances will you give him as a Bills Fan?

As a player, he tries as hard as anyone I have seen in years. He lacks concentration on pass plays but other than that, I would take him as the Bills running back every day. Yet, if I could do it I would rather have a first round draft choice than Lynch at this point, because there is no reason for me to believe he will stop this b.s., and his actions really might influence other players to think that it is OK to be a scumbag.

You seem to be very concerned about the police conduct, and shrugging off the issue that is of concern to us as Bills Fans.

From a political standpoint, I can see your point of view. I disagree with it, but so what? Not every citizen is forced to like, or even care at all about the police. It is from the perspective of a Bills Fan that I find your attitude confusing.

If it wasn't already the case (and imo it most certainly was), Lynch is now officially a problem for the Bills in terms of the way he conducts himself off the field. Can this weak team realy afford to lose him? He was a first round draft choice and is being paid to work in a system that has rules. Don't you think that he knew this before he got into that car? Or, when he took off after hitting the girl?

You otoh are depicting the situation as a police problem. It isn't, unless they made up the story about mowing down a girl and leaving the scene, and/or planted the gun. Your seeming disdain for police aside, neither of those scenarios is all that plausible. No, this is a problem for Ralph who is paying him, and Bills Fans who are starving for a playoff appearance.

Personally, I don't give a flying s :censored: t about Lynch. He seems like a fairly bright kid with millions of dollars, who doesnt think that rules and laws apply to him. His problem is probably one of self control and self centeredness, as opposed to a mental midget like Travis Henry. If you believe that police are the problem, you must also believe thaqt Lynch is a victim. The two go hand in hand. Do you now think that he will straighten out? Or, how many more chances will you give him as a Bills Fan?

As a player, he tries as hard as anyone I have seen in years. He lacks concentration on pass plays but other than that, I would take him as the Bills running back every day. Yet, if I could do it I would rather have a first round draft choice than Lynch at this point, because there is no reason for me to believe he will stop this b.s., and his actions really might influence other players to think that it is OK to be a scumbag.

I'm not speaking about all players but a lot of them feel that way because ever since they touched a football and showed talent for playing the game laws and rules have changed for them. Maybe a teacher will give them a better grade than they deserve because if they don't he won't meet the academic requirements to play on the team, if he's out drinking with his buddies and the cops come bye they turn a blind eye to the teams best player even if he causes an accident that involves only him and others in his car, if they rape a cheerleader she is pressured into keeping quiet, if they get into a fight they'll serve detention as long as it doesn't interfere with the game and practice schedules. Hell, in Texas a second string offensive lineman killed a guy and got a couple of years of house arrest!! After being treated that way and seeing others treated that way for fourteen years or more they do believe the rules and laws don't apply to them.

It's the culture of putting talented sports players on a pedestal that's the problem IMO.

I have been a big fan of Lynch's and love to watch him run, but some of the posts about this incident on these boards aren't even funny they are stupid. One says "I forgive ML"? WTF? We got over lasts years hit and run, that was his first chance. Now his stupid decisions are going to start hurting the team, when their best offensive weapon (Yes best, Evans would be, but we can't get him the ball), is going to start missing games with a suspension. Unfortuneatly this probably won't be the last incident either, if history in this league says anything-how many of these "thugs" or "Troublemakers" stop at 2 arrests? Almost all of them that have had more than one, don't stop at two. So while he is serving a suspension, what happens if Fred Jackson gets chopped at the knees and misses 3 or 4 games-what do we have then? Rely on Trent's passing game-that hasn't worked so far. This team isn't that good that they can lose their RB and carry on without missing a beat. Some say-it wasn't his gun, not his car, no threats were made-you know what-when you are in his place, you have to put yourself in a good position. The circumstances of this are irrelevant, he put himself there, now him and his teammates are going to have to pay the price.

Personally, I don't give a flying s :censored: t about Lynch. He seems like a fairly bright kid with millions of dollars, who doesn't think that rules and laws apply to him. His problem is probably one of self control and self centeredness, as opposed to a mental midget like Travis Henry. If you believe that police are the problem, you must also believe that Lynch is a victim. The two go hand in hand. Do you now think that he will straighten out? Or, how many more chances will you give him as a Bills Fan?

WTF???? :blink:

What about rules and laws that the cops may in fact be not following? Maybe you are looking for an America police state were basic rights don't exist anymore.

Lynch may be a freaking victim of racial profiling. But that clearly doesn't bother you in the least. That's not the problem here, is it. That the police may have pulled Lynch over because he is black and is riding in an expensive car is totally irrelevant in your high and mighty cherry picking world.

You're being so clueless to how big of a targets these players have become. NFL players have DIED, almost DIED and threatened to DIE by bad guys who have guns while they weren't armed themselves. Does this somehow not sink in, where you can not at least have an ounce of understanding of the threat level the players who aren't from the cushy suburbs feel when they are visiting friends and family? It doesn't make Marshawn right, but you're completely wacked if you're branding him as some bad ass punk just because he had a gun in his trunk. If the NFL players were not targets and getting killed then I'd be on your side, but this is real life and death stuff we are discussing. It could be that both Lynch AND the cops were in the wrong here. Lynch was wrong legally, but I'm not for one second going to pretend I know for a fact that I wouldn't be carrying a gun (legally or illegally) for protection if I were in his 22 year old shoes.

Lynch is one of the meager few Bills that actually looks like he LIKES to play football. He's made a big mistake in that hit and run and this one is also a mistake. But the guy seems like he is a real loyal and fun loving soul and I for one am willing to cut him some slack here. The NFL is obviously doing a piss poor job of giving their players the proper training and education on security given the track record of broken and dead bodies that have pilled up in recent years.

WTF???? :censored:

What about rules and laws that the cops may in fact be not following? Maybe you are looking for an America police state were basic rights don't exist anymore.

Lynch may be a freaking victim of racial profiling. But that clearly doesn't bother you in the least. That's not the problem here, is it. That the police may have pulled Lynch over because he is black and is riding in an expensive car is totally irrelevant in your high and mighty cherry picking world.

The Cincinnati police have repeatedly said that whites and hispanics should stay out of some of the city's black neighborhoods, and have a history of racial, violent attacks to prove their advice.

A black person can walk the streets of any area of the city, the region; a white or hispanic is at grave risk in some. I think this repeats across the nation.

Comment?

The Cincinnati police have repeatedly said that whites and hispanics should stay out of some of the city's black neighborhoods, and have a history of racial, violent attacks to prove their advice.

A black person can walk the streets of any area of the city, the region; a white or hispanic is at grave risk in some. I think this repeats across the nation.

Comment?

Well Black people are at risk in certain neighborhoods as well. I see many stories on the news of racially motivated attacks against blacks in white neighborhoods in the New York/Tri-State area. My point was about the threat level Marshawn may have felt and his possible motivation for arming himself based on recent violent events which have happened to NFL players over the last few years.

Comment?

because race relations is what cincinnati is known for....

im not sure what your point is? that black people are as bad as cops for racial profiling? that marshawn didnt really need the gun because black people only attack whites and hispanics?

im not sure i would look to the Cincinnati Police for advice on building my Race Policies. how long has it been since the last race riot? not more than a few years, right?

Comment?

Same thing rings true in Philly. Poverty breeds stupidity & violence. It's no coincidence that the worst neighborhoods in most cities are predominantly black. It's also no coincidence that the majority of gun crimes happen in those same neighborhoods. It's also no coincidence that the worst public schools and highest government aid are in those neighborhoods as well. All go hand in hand. Until that cycle is broken, there will always be neighborhoods that you just don't go into unless you're willing to risk your life.

Check out this map of murders in Philly from 2006:

http://inquirer.philly.com/graphics/murders_map/

With regards to Marshawn, he was brought up in the middle of this. How did the people in his neighborhood protect themselves? With guns. How will he protect himself? With guns.

because race relations is what cincinnati is known for....

im not sure what your point is? that black people are as bad as cops for racial profiling? that marshawn didnt really need the gun because black people only attack whites and hispanics?

im not sure i would look to the Cincinnati Police for advice on building my Race Policies. how long has it been since the last race riot? not more than a few years, right?

You need to do a bit of legwork, learn about the crumbs that were shot while committing crimes, and learn about the term "race racketeer". The riots were bogus. Just another chance to commit violence, and looting.