Steve Johnson = Larry Fitzgerald

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought STeve Johnson was a bad guy. Wasn't he with Marshawn when he ran over that canadian chic?

I still think Steve was driving and Marshawn covered for him - they were buddies and on a rainy night, in a Cayanne, they probably look pretty similar. Steve never would have made the team had he been the one driving. Everyone loves Marshawn, so he took it.

How's that for a crazy theory?

11 beautiful catches. Did you see those 2 catches he had for touchdowns in the last two games? Thing of beauty!

Slant pattern at the goal line. When was the last time we had a reciever that could do that?

Watch out!!! Stevey is gonna surpise people next year.

Sorry, I got carried away

I do think that he will have:

60 catches 7 tds in year 2.

At this point Larry Fitzgerald should only be getting compared to Jerry Rice, not Steve Freakin Johnson :rolleyes:

With that said, Steve could in fact turn out to be a productive diamond in the rough late round steal for us...but c'mon comparing him to a once in a generation talent like Fitzgerald?? I feel like the IQ level of messageboards get lower as each day passes during the offseason.

Am I crazy?

Last year... Steve Johnson was making some plays. He was catching diving slants from JP Losman. In college - He was jumping at the highest point for the ball.

He's got dreads. He's 6 foot 2. He's about the same speed. Same as Fitz.

He looked promising as a rookie.

I say give the dude a chance. Reed will be in the slot. Hardy and Parrish will be our 4th and 5th.

A new TE and new Center through the draft/FA.

The offense just might be looking good in 2009 :rolleyes:

I would love for you to be exactly right.

What your statement proves is that Football is a lot more than size and speed. Didn't we always know that though?

Am I crazy?

Last year... Steve Johnson was making some plays. He was catching diving slants from JP Losman. In college - He was jumping at the highest point for the ball.

I say give the dude a chance. Reed will be in the slot. Hardy and Parrish will be our 4th and 5th.

The offense just might be looking good in 2009 ;)

You're comparing a 7th round pick who averages 12.6 yards per game to the Pro Bowl MVP who averages 13.6 yards per reception...because they both have dreadlocks?

Crazy is not the word I'd use. Jesus... :rolleyes:

Am I crazy?

The offense just might be looking good in 2009 ;)

Yes you are. Or maybe you're just "toasted". Just say no to drugs. :rolleyes:

I love it.

Why not?

Maybe I'm still bitter from riding the pine during 9th grade basketball, but I always thought that there are studs on every NFL bench who are just never given the chance because coaches play the guys they perceive to be good, not the ones that actually are good. You got guys like Tom Brady, Fred Jackson, Priest Holmes, James Harrison, Kurt Warner just sitting around, twidling their thumbs. Maybe, due to dumb luck, they get a chance and become stars. Hopefully S. Johnson gets his chance to shine.

James Harrison and Willie Parker MUST thank the Bills for taking them off the bench to Pro-Bowl....On that cold day with the playoffs on the line, our offense under Beldsoe fumbled the ball due to a sack by Harrision that was returned for a TD and then with the game on the line let 3rd back Willie Parker run for 60+ yards for a TD in the 4th qtr to seal the game.