Lets see how many of you can guess our new #2 QB

Rex Grossman. Former starter, young, big arm, Super Bowl experience, cold weather guy. He'd be a perfect fit here in Buffalo and could start for us if Trent goes down. He should be had at a fair price too.

I hope you're wrong. Grossman to me is a J.P. clone. Big play-bad play, no consistency, hit the wall in development, throws a nice long ball but makes bad decisions. He's the one guy I don't want them to bring in although they might. We can argue on this but bottom line, I personally don't feel Grossman is a proven QB. I know the arguments against my opinion but I don't believe in Rex at all.

If the Bills have playoff aspirations they need a guy who will push Trent and win games for us. To me that leaves Leftwich and Garcia. They're both flawed but they're the most proven guys there. I would want one of them.

We know we won't get Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner.

I have a strong feeling (unfortunately) that we end up with one of the foursome of Kyle Boller, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey or Charlie Batch. It's sad but that's what I think will happen.

I bet Juron will bring in rex grossman. If i remember he drafted him. wouldnt mind him as a back up qb but not a starter.

Wow, you're right. He's not a free agent but he said he doesn't expect to return to the Lions in 2009. He might be among the group of people that are released tomorrow, the first day that veterans under contract can be released.

By the way there will be some big names getting cut tomorrow possibly including Torry Holt.

Kitna might be a very good fit. He's played respectably for some bad teams. Not a great QB but probably a good fit for the Bills.

Good call.

Rex Grossman. Former starter, young, big arm, Super Bowl experience, cold weather guy. He'd be a perfect fit here in Buffalo and could start for us if Trent goes down. He should be had at a fair price too.

Actually, I agree with this. All of the realistic FA options have their own set of fleas, so you might as well take someone who is young and economical.

Wow, you're right. He's not a free agent but he said he doesn't expect to return to the Lions in 2009. He might be among the group of people that are released tomorrow, the first day that veterans under contract can be released.

By the way there will be some big names getting cut tomorrow possibly including Torry Holt.

Kitna might be a very good fit. He's played respectably for some bad teams. Not a great QB but probably a good fit for the Bills.

Good call.

You've got to bring someone in who has won some games as a routine starter. Bacth is out. Boller is out. Fans would burn down the Ralph if he brought in Grossman.

Garcia would be the best choice, although Kitna would be interesting. He is a tough fiery guy and there is no one on this team who fits that description currently. However, both of these guys would expect to at least compete to start, which may not be a bad idea, actually...

Ugh Grossman is JP all over again...

Hamdan himself expects to return as third stringer not as 2nd, but that may have been managing expectations on his side. Carr seems like a legit option.

I know that I've posted this before, but trust me, I live in Charlotte and watched David Carr start almost half the season last year. He is not an NFL quarterback.

Todd Collins (just kidding, God I hope not). I don't think Garcia will go anywhere where he doesn't have a fair shot at starting. Same with Leftwich most likely. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a second day QB and keep Hamden as QB. He is one heck of a nice guy, but I don't have alot of confidence in him, only because he has never been given the chance to play. It wouldn't surprise me to see Kitna or Grossman either, since DJ has connections to both of them.

Drew Willy

Not really, although it would be nice to draft him late and have him be our #3. A while back someone said on this board they thought he would be a good fit with the Jets. The NYC media would be all over the "Drew Willy sounds like Joe Willie" story.