Somebody I want y'all to meet

Simon

I could go on forever about stuff like pretending he lost his wedding ring in a deer he was cleaning and laughing at me while I spent 5 minutes digging through a pile of guts from a deer with his freaking arrow in it. Or loosening the bagstrap on the golf cart so my clubs fly off and are spread all over the 1st fairway before I've even taken 2 shots. Or all the refs and umpires at our kids' games he used to make laugh by trying to get calls by making cancer jokes. But words can never substitute for the depth of emotion (no matter how painful) that we are lucky enough to experience when fortune grants us the opportunity to truly love those who teach us what is important and righteous in this too brief life.

I'm glad that in the end, regardless of how hysterically funny he was, what really stands out is the towering integrity and the willingness to do anything for anybody at anytime. But tomorrow morning I've got to go carry around a box with my dead friend in it and watch his two elementary school children refuse to cry so they can be strong for Mom.

This fu(king sucks. :rolleyes: