Best Super Bowl team you ever saw

major

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1996 Packers were a good team that I'll always remember for Reggie White if anyone else. That team was pretty stacked across the board. Reggie White, Brett Favre, Robert Brooks, Kieth Jackson, Santana Dotson, Sean Jones, LeRoy Butler, Antonio Freeman, Desmond Howard, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison, Gilbert Brown, and one final name I bet you didn't know that ties this to the first post, Jim McMahon.

The 1996 Packers were a good team that I'll always remember for Reggie White if anyone else. That team was pretty stacked across the board. Reggie White, Brett Favre, Robert Brooks, Kieth Jackson, Santana Dotson, Sean Jones, LeRoy Butler, Antonio Freeman, Desmond Howard, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison, Gilbert Brown, and one final name I bet you didn't know that ties this to the first post, Jim McMahon.

didnt they have Don Beebe also?...however its spelled

I think it has to be the first Packer SB team from the '66 season. They still had Taylor and Hornung that year and -while they won again the following Jan- they had won championships throught the league prior to meeting the AFL. There's a reason the championship trophy is named Lombardi. :(

Personally, the 1985 Chicago Bears are the best super bowl team I've ever seen. Forget the undefeated dolphins of 72, the Bears of 85 are something I'm not sure I will ever see again.

Of the teams I *remember* watching, this team was the best....by far (first SB I remember was XIV). The 49ers of Super Bowl XXIV probably come in second, but not even close to the 85 Bears.

Personally, the 1985 Chicago Bears are the best super bowl team I've ever seen. Forget the undefeated dolphins of 72, the Bears of 85 are something I'm not sure I will ever see again.

Your thoughts?

1991 REDSKINS.I DONT REMEMBER THEM HAVING THAT MANY CLOSE GAMES.I KNEW BUFFALO WAS GOING TO LOOSE THAT ONE.

How can anyone say any Super Bowl except last years. The defeat of the so far perfect Pets* and Bellysick's hissy fit will always be my favorite SB until the Bills win one. :rolleyes::(

Best Super Bowl team, not game.

I was very impressed with the SB XXIX 49ers and how they rolled the Chargers. I'd also have to begrudgingly agree with PushthePile - the 92 Cowboys were a damn good team.

Steelers had a pretty dominant team in '78.

Sure did, once Noll opened up the offense and let Bradshaw go to work w/ Swann and Stallworth.

Defensively, they were very good too, but not nearly as good as in '76, when they put together a brilliant 9 game stretch where they allowed a grand total of 29 points and pitched 5 shutouts. If they didn't have such a bad start to the season and had Bradshaw not gotten hurt, this team may have gone down as the best of all time.

As for which team is the best I've seen, it's either the '85 Bears or the '91 Redskins.

85 Bears were incredible. When you look at that team. I was at that game. I still cant believe Ditka did not get Payton the ball for a touchdown. And all the b.s about him saying he didn't realize it till after the game. Let me tell you over half the stadium was chanting Walter in the second half whenever the Bears would get close to the endzone. Dominant Team and great personality. They had an entire nation following them. Lots of drama but they backed it up on Sunday.

Guest dog14787
How can anyone say any Super Bowl except last years. The defeat of the so far perfect Pets* and Bellysick's hissy fit will always be my favorite SB until the Bills win one. :blink::thumbsup:

Although we are only talking about one game here and not so much overall team strength, I tend to agree with you. Last years Superbowl was deemed as probably one of the biggest mismatches in SB history.

To me, what the Giants pulled off makes them one of the best Superbowl teams ever :blink:

Although we are only talking about one game here and not so much overall team strength, I tend to agree with you. Last years Superbowl was deemed as probably one of the biggest mismatches in SB history.

To me, what the Giants pulled off makes them one of the best Superbowl teams ever :thumbsup:

Don't forget that you can essentially make this exact same statement for the 2001 Pats*.

Sure did, once Noll opened up the offense and let Bradshaw go to work w/ Swann and Stallworth.

Defensively, they were very good too, but not nearly as good as in '76, when they put together a brilliant 9 game stretch where they allowed a grand total of 29 points and pitched 5 shutouts. If they didn't have such a bad start to the season and had Bradshaw not gotten hurt, this team may have gone down as the best of all time.

As for which team is the best I've seen, it's either the '85 Bears or the '91 Redskins.

I cannot call any team better than the Steel Curtain of the 70s. They were solid at every position, and they beat some great AFC teams, let alone the Cowboys with Staubach and Co.

Honorable Mention goes out to the 1977 Raiders. They didn't have the balance of the Steelers; their defense was good, not great. But, their offense was flat out dominant. I am talking about Branch, Stabler, Biletnikoff, and Dave Freakin Casper. That, and what I think was the best offensive line ever assembled.

And to be honest, the first Cowboy team to beat us was one of the best ever. :thumbsup: Aikman said before and during the next season that the team was weaker. We could have won that last one. :blink:

Guest dog14787
Don't forget that you can essentially make this exact same statement for the 2001 Pats*.

Close I admit, but the Rams didn't go undefeated, they lost to the Bucs and the Saints that year. The Pats on the other hand seemed almost unbeatable.

Besides, around here who likes to brag about the Pats in any way, shape or form. :thumbsup: