Do the bills have ANY players that would start for either super bowl t

give me a friggin break!

another "I think the Bills suck so bad and I want to be like everyone else" thread....

:thumbsup:

lol...agreed...

Um, Evans, Lynch, Jackson, Peters, Dockery, Walker, Butler, Poz, McGee, Whitner, Greer, Stroud, Schobel, McKelvin, Parrish (as KR/PR), Moorman, maybe even Lindell would all be starting for at least one of the SB teams

Moorman would start for either team. Lee Evans would start for Pittsburgh. Lynch would probably start for Arizona. Probably Stroud and Mitchell would start for Arizona. Just think, if Jason Peters started for either of these teams, they would probably be on a backup QB and wouldn't still be playing.

lol...agreed...

Um, Evans, Lynch, Jackson, Peters, Dockery, Walker, Butler, Poz, McGee, Whitner, Greer, Stroud, Schobel, McKelvin, Parrish (as KR/PR), Moorman, maybe even Lindell would all be starting for at least one of the SB teams

If neary half of our team would start for the two bowl teams, why are they playing and we were 7-9 again?

I think these guys could start on one of those teams based on other teams strengths/weaknesses. Stroud (either team, as a DT for cards or DE for pitt), Mitchell (cards), Whitner (either, but only as a FS), Schobel (Cards), Peters (either), Lynch (either).

If neary half of our team would start for the two bowl teams, why are they playing and we were 7-9 again?

Because we have a 7-9 coaching staff and an owner that's content with that as long as he's getting his Toronto money. :lol:

From the starting 22:

Offense:

Peters (both)

Dockery (both)

Evans (both) - Holmes is nice and Bolden is great, but I think Evans would be an incredible #2 paired with Fitzgerald or Ward

Lynch (maybe Cards) - may go for experience with Edge

Defense:

Stroud (Cards, maybe Steelers)

Mitchell (Cards)

McGee (both) - he's a gamer

That's it.

There are some players on both those teams that I have no idea how good they are.....

OG

Lutui, Wells, Kemoeatu, Stapleton

(Could Butler & Dockery start ahead of any of these guys?)

CB

Hood, Taylor, McFadden(Townsend)

(Could Greer, McGee.....even McKelvin start ahead of any of these guys?)

TE

Spach......5 catches in 8 starts

OT

Brown, Gandy, Colon, Starks

(Peters is a probowl OT......Could Walker start over some of these guys?).

Good teams are usually littered with mediocre or situational talent.

Both teams:

Lynch, Peters, Stroud, Greer, Whitner, Posluszny, McKelvin

Steelers but not Cardinals:

Evans,

As you can see, our DBs are extremely elite. I feel like Stroud could definitely help both teams, and Posluszny would be a beast on the Steelers(he's already a beast, but you know what I mean). Lynch would have about 2000 yds a year on either team, and peters is clearly a stud. I don't know too much about individual special teamers or lineman, but I'm assuming a few of our linemen could be useful somewhere.

So, to the thread starter, the Bills have the !@#$ing players. Watch Lynch run or Peters block or Greer cover and you'll see it. Or watch ESPN and think that having a new TE that would start on BOTH SUPER BOWL TEAMS WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND.

It's interesting to see Derrick Dockery's name come up on some of these lists. Based on his performance, he is lucky to be starting for OUR team. I think that most of the trouble that the left site of the OL has had in short yardage running and blitz/stunt pickup is because of him. He hasn't gotten much push in the running game and seems to lose his man on blitzes and stunts. Frankly, I don't think that he's played much better that Brad Butler despite the huge difference in salary.

I might disagree with 2 - 5 of his picks, but he's got the right idea.

Why were we 7 - 9?

Well, he picked 17 guys, including KRs and STs. That means that about 9 guys (including STs) might make the Cardinals and 8 might make the Steelers (each team might be up or down 1 or 2 here, I'm just guessing). That's not outstanding when you consider Roscoe Parrish would be one of them and Leodis McKelvin another. That's first.

But the main reason is that those two teams have two things that we don't have:

1) a lack of weak spots. We have, arguably 6 spots on our teams which are outright weaknesses. Super Bowl teams generally either have extremely few, possibly none. If you have those weaknesses, NFL teams will find ways of exploiting them. We have guys of below NFL standard at DT (rotational guys, who play a lot in the Bills system), DE (outside of Schobel, nobody can pass rush to standard, starters and rotational guys), LB with Crowell out, C, TE (though this is arguable. If you don't expect much pass catching from your guys, Royal is a heck of a blocker) and #2 WR.

We have a few young guys who might eventually shore up these positions, but right now nobody. The young guys, such as Hardy, Stevie Johnson, Ellis, Fine, Alvin Bowen and Buggs haven't proved that they're sure things yet.

We have serious holes.

2) Difference makers at important positions. Super Bowl teams have guys who are simply among the best in the league, and can be counted on when a play is needed. Kurt Warner. Larry Johnson. Polamalu. Harrison. Hines Ward. There are a few more on those rosters. Guys who require double teams and still make plays. Guys who the other team has to game-plan for, thus weakening them in other areas. Guys who convert 3rd downs or create turnovers consistently.

Where are those guys on the Bills? I can think of only Moorman, who is at a (relatively) unimportant position, and Stroud. A very healthy Schobel might be borderline. Lee Evans might be borderline. That's it. And that's a major reason why we're 7 - 9.

The Cards are 9-7. So they won exactly 2 more games than the Bills. They play in one of the worst divisions ever, whoch they went 6-0 in. They went 3-7 outside it. Any other division and they don't make the playoffs. This is not some super power. They aren't much better than the Bills.

Both teams:

Lynch, Peters, Stroud, Greer, Whitner, Posluszny, McKelvin

Steelers but not Cardinals:

Evans,

As you can see, our DBs are extremely elite. I feel like Stroud could definitely help both teams, and Posluszny would be a beast on the Steelers(he's already a beast, but you know what I mean). Lynch would have about 2000 yds a year on either team, and peters is clearly a stud. I don't know too much about individual special teamers or lineman, but I'm assuming a few of our linemen could be useful somewhere.

So, to the thread starter, the Bills have the !@#$ing players. Watch Lynch run or Peters block or Greer cover and you'll see it. Or watch ESPN and think that having a new TE that would start on BOTH SUPER BOWL TEAMS WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND.

The Poz would be a special teams beast on the steelers. Right now he is an average player and they have above average backups at that position. Our corners could be starters for both teams but it is honestly pretty close. Lynch would be lucky to have better running stats on either team let alone 2000 yards. The steelers actually struggled running the ball this year and the cardinals just don't run. I agree that Peters would be a starter on both teams and so would Stroud. Lynch would definately be the featured back as well but no 2000 yards.

Lynch - Both

Evans - Steelers

Peters - Both

Poz - Both

Whitner - FS Both

Parrish - PR

McKelvin - ST - Both

Wendling - ST - Both

Moorman - Both

Stroud - Both

McGee - Cardinals

I might disagree with 2 - 5 of his picks, but he's got the right idea.

Why were we 7 - 9?

Well, he picked 17 guys, including KRs and STs. That means that about 9 guys (including STs) might make the Cardinals and 8 might make the Steelers (each team might be up or down 1 or 2 here, I'm just guessing). That's not outstanding when you consider Roscoe Parrish would be one of them and Leodis McKelvin another. That's first.

But the main reason is that those two teams have two things that we don't have:

1) a lack of weak spots. We have, arguably 6 spots on our teams which are outright weaknesses. Super Bowl teams generally either have extremely few, possibly none. If you have those weaknesses, NFL teams will find ways of exploiting them. We have guys of below NFL standard at DT (rotational guys, who play a lot in the Bills system), DE (outside of Schobel, nobody can pass rush to standard, starters and rotational guys), LB with Crowell out, C, TE (though this is arguable. If you don't expect much pass catching from your guys, Royal is a heck of a blocker) and #2 WR.

We have a few young guys who might eventually shore up these positions, but right now nobody. The young guys, such as Hardy, Stevie Johnson, Ellis, Fine, Alvin Bowen and Buggs haven't proved that they're sure things yet.

We have serious holes.

2) Difference makers at important positions. Super Bowl teams have guys who are simply among the best in the league, and can be counted on when a play is needed. Kurt Warner. Larry Johnson. Polamalu. Harrison. Hines Ward. There are a few more on those rosters. Guys who require double teams and still make plays. Guys who the other team has to game-plan for, thus weakening them in other areas. Guys who convert 3rd downs or create turnovers consistently.

Where are those guys on the Bills? I can think of only Moorman, who is at a (relatively) unimportant position, and Stroud. A very healthy Schobel might be borderline. Lee Evans might be borderline. That's it. And that's a major reason why we're 7 - 9.

The main reason Buffalo wasn't in the playoffs is because TE is not ready to be a SB caliber QB and that's the most important position. With weaker QB's both of those teams wouldn't be in the SB. JMO