OT - Buffalo style restaurant in Spotsylvania, VA

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents actually used that site this Christmas to send me three cartons of Bison Chip Dip and some Chiavettas. Pricey is definitely the opperative word there! :lol:

I was happy with the gift, but really shocked that they spent that much on the shipping.

Everytime I bake bread out here, it never tastes quite right and ends up "doughy." Wonder if they sell wegman's water? :thumbsup:

I would take a Johnny's Lunch (from Jimmytown) out here in Colorado.

My parents actually used that site this Christmas to send me three cartons of Bison Chip Dip and some Chiavettas. Pricey is definitely the opperative word there! :w00t:

I was happy with the gift, but really shocked that they spent that much on the shipping.

Everytime I bake bread out here, it never tastes quite right and ends up "doughy." Wonder if they sell wegman's water? :w00t:

Johnny's lunch :lol::thumbsup::w00t:

From there I take it?

I use to spend a lot of time fishing for Walleyes (yellow pike) on Chautauqua Lake and always made it a point to hit Johnny’s lunch. Unfortunately, what was once a great Walleye fishery is no longer. Now we catch our fill of Walleyes in Port Clinton, OH. No Johnny’s there.

For those that live in the Northern VA area, there's a new Buffalo style restaurant called Scooters Roadhouse Grille. I went there last night and ordered Beef On Weck and it was pretty good. The owner is originally from the Lockport area. It was nice to see deep fried chicked wings again, plus they use the water from Wegman's for their pizza dough. The owner told me he's hoping to be showing the Bills games this coming season.

Here's their info: scootersroadhousegrille.com, 540-891-8929. They're located in Southpoint 1 at the 2nd light from I-95 South exit 126.

water from wegmans?

My parents actually used that site this Christmas to send me three cartons of Bison Chip Dip and some Chiavettas. Pricey is definitely the opperative word there! :lol:

Everytime I bake bread out here, it never tastes quite right and ends up "doughy." Wonder if they sell wegman's water? B-)

good call that place never gets its due.

I live in Wilmington NC and there's a place here that sells Beef on Weck and Haddock fish fries. Not sure how popular the Haddock is considering there's plenty of seafood around here.

With regards to the water, I've heard it's hard to find a good Italian restaurant in Florida for same reason, the water you're boiling for pasta is as I just call it "Florida water" That taste ends up in all the food. Some places worse than others.

We drove down to Florida over the holidays, first night stayed in hotel near St Augustine. As soon as I tasted the water, said, yup, we're back in Flrida!

Water makes a big difference in dough. One of the reasons it is hard to get good crusty bread in some parts of the country is the local water, according to some bakers.

But, I'm not sure what "Wegman's water" means, either.

For those that live in the Northern VA area, there's a new Buffalo style restaurant called Scooters Roadhouse Grille. I went there last night and ordered Beef On Weck and it was pretty good. The owner is originally from the Lockport area. It was nice to see deep fried chicked wings again, plus they use the water from Wegman's for their pizza dough. The owner told me he's hoping to be showing the Bills games this coming season.

Here's their info: scootersroadhousegrille.com, 540-891-8929. They're located in Southpoint 1 at the 2nd light from I-95 South exit 126.

is it near the famous courthouse where Lee surrendered to Grant?

On Sunday I will be checking out a beef on weck, here in St. Augustine. An Irish pub downtown, Anne O'Malley's now advertises "Beef on Weck Sundays".

http://www.annomalleys.com/Page_2.html

I'll report back with the review. The last time I had a beef on weck in Florida, it was near Orlando. The beef was cold, and the marginal weck roll was dry as a bone.

OK, went to Ann O'Malley's and tried the beef. Just freaking awful.