MY PLAN

Alright folks, here goes!

FA:

Karlos Dansby - Arizona - LB

Kerry Collins - Titans - QB

Mike Brown - Chicago - FS

John Thornton- Bengals- DT

Re-sign Greer - an absolute must in my opinion.

None of these FA's are really stars, and I think they would all be within the Bills' budget. I'll try my hardest to get them in here folks.

I will look to find a team seeking to trade up and get my pick at 11, because my star (orakpo) will be gone by then. I'll trade down somewhere to around the 22-26th pick. We get an extra 2nd pick, and fill some much needed positions as follows:

1st round: Greg Hardy - Ole Miss - DE*

2nd round (ours): Chase Coffman - Missouri - TE

2nd round (trade): Kenny Britt - Rutgers - WR

3rd round: Antoine Caldwell - The Tide - C

4th round: Zack Follett - Cal - OLB

5th round: Ray Feinga - BYU - G

6th round: Travis McCall - Roll Tide - FB/TE

7th round: Jordan Norwood - Penn State - WR

Just send this post to Buffalo hierarchy, and I'll accept the position. I'll need to give 2 weeks notice, however. Hopefully Dick and Ralph understand.

Shall it be written, so shall it be done!

:w00t:

*If he doesn't declare, I'll draft Michael Johnson - Georgia Tech - DE.

dansby will be way outof our price range, and brown is never healthy. I'd rather resign Crowell and have an open competition for SS between Scott and Wendling.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. Jabari Greer is a nice player. The fact that he had two ducks thrown right in his hands this past season that he returned for TD's will earn him an extra $2 mill this season. I've talked to several inside NFL sources who say that he's going to be worth around $7 mill this season. McGee is a solid corner. With any pass rush whatsoever he could be an elite corner. McKelvin was drafted 11th overall. He is not going to be a nickel corner again this season. Before he got hurt, Youboty looked like he could've been better than any of them! Not to mention, Corner looks like a keeper as well. If there is any position on the entire roster where we're in good shape, it's CB. Why then, with all these pressing needs on both sides of the ball, would we spend around $7 million to make sure we have five good CB's. It doesn't make any sense at all and this is why you're not getting a job with the Buffalo Bills. Now send my response to the Bills and get me a job!

Solid response. However, you can NEVER have enough depth at DB..especially considering the string of injuries we've been having the past several seasons.

Are you ready to start McKelvin at CB every game? This team is not-yet. McKelvin will be the nickel again this season. Our starting corners will be McGee and Greer with McKelvin, Youboty, and Corner rounding out the depth at that position.

Remember, injuries will occur. What if Mcgee goes down? Who will step in for him? Greer/McKelvin sounds a lot better than McKelvin/Youboty as our starting corners in case of injury. If greer walks, we are extremely thin at that position very quickly (in terms of experience). We NEED to resign greer.

Also, you are way off in the 7 million mark I feel. Champ Bailey is at 7 years 63million (9 mill a year). Greer is nowhere close to Champ Bailey money.

Expect Greer at around 5 million a year. We are well within the cap to afford a player like Greer.

Solid response. However, you can NEVER have enough depth at DB..especially considering the string of injuries we've been having the past several seasons.

Are you ready to start McKelvin at CB every game? This team is not-yet. McKelvin will be the nickel again this season. Our starting corners will be McGee and Greer with McKelvin, Youboty, and Corner rounding out the depth at that position.

Remember, injuries will occur. What if Mcgee goes down? Who will step in for him? Greer/McKelvin sounds a lot better than McKelvin/Youboty as our starting corners in case of injury. If greer walks, we are extremely thin at that position very quickly (in terms of experience). We NEED to resign greer.

Also, you are way off in the 7 million mark I feel. Champ Bailey is at 7 years 63million (9 mill a year). Greer is nowhere close to Champ Bailey money.

Expect Greer at around 5 million a year. We are well within the cap to afford a player like Greer.

I guess we'll see. Champ Bailey was signed several years ago, salaries are even more inflated now. I'm tellin you he's going to command around $7 million. And you can say, "what if injuries occur?" for any position. Even if he's worth $5 million, which he isn't, I'd rather see them wing it with McKelvin/Youboty/Corner/late round draft pick and spend $5 million on a more pressing need.

dansby will be way outof our price range, and brown is never healthy. I'd rather resign Crowell and have an open competition for SS between Scott and Wendling.

Dansby will not be out of our price range b/c he will be our #1 priority in the offseason, and pretty much our only costly addition to the roster.

Crowell will be gone. Unless he is willing to resign as a backup with this team, we have no intention on bringing him back. Crowell is starting to become injury prone, and we will no longer need his services with the addition of Dansby. We wish him well wherever he goes.

Whitner will be our starting SS.

With the addition of Brown to FS. The combo of Brown/KO will solidify the FS position. :w00t:

I guess we'll see. Champ Bailey was signed several years ago, salaries are even more inflated now. I'm tellin you he's going to command around $7 million. And you can say, "what if injuries occur?" for any position. Even if he's worth $5 million, which he isn't, I'd rather see them wing it with McKelvin/Youboty/Corner/late round draft pick and spend $5 million on a more pressing need.

I understand your financial concern.

However, you're still way off with the salary my dear friend.

Asante samuel signed at 6 years, 57 million (9 mill and change a year). Greer will NOT be at 7 million. 5 million a year is about a best case scenario for greer.

Also, Greer won't even cost 5 million a year. Go around the league and look at what #1 corners (which Greer is not) on most teams are making. We should be able to lock up Greer in the 4 million/year range.

As for injuries. Yes, you can say that about any position. However, we have a chance to resign a player that has performed well for us at a position that requires much depth. To me, it's a top priority.

Also, remember that after 2009, McGee becomes a Free Agent. Greer (26) is 2 years younger than McGee (28), and will demand less money than McGee will next year. WE lock up Greer now, b/c unfortunately we might not be able to resign McGee next year. But that won't be a concern, b/c by 2010, McKelvin will be ready to lock down the #1 or at least, the #2 corner spot.

You see my friend, that's why they'll be paying me the big bucks in 2 weeks. :w00t:

Alright folks, it was a pleasure discussing this offseason with you. Unfortunately, I"m a busy guy, and have to step away for a while.

Please, feel free to leave comments. I look forward to responding to them when I get back.

I wish you all a nice day!

Remember, with my hiring, there will be winds of change in Buffalo! :w00t:

FA:

None of these FA's are really stars, and I think they would all be within the Bills' budget. I'll try my hardest to get them in here folks.

I will look to find a team seeking to trade up and get my pick at 11, because my star (orakpo) will be gone by then. I'll trade down somewhere to around the 22-26th pick. We get an extra 2nd pick, and fill some much needed positions as follows:

Just send this post to Buffalo hierarchy, and I'll accept the position. I'll need to give 2 weeks notice, however. Hopefully Dick and Ralph understand.

:w00t:

I sent a copy of your plan to Ralph Wilson and he is really pissed at you. (ralphischeap.com)

He wants to know who will pay for these players but he loves your idea of trading down in the first round (lol)

Ralph appears worried Orakpo may still be available with the 11th selection and will want more then the minimum rookie Contract.

If you rally want a job, you need to figure out a legal way to void out a contract extension.

I understand your financial concern.

However, you're still way off with the salary my dear friend.

Asante samuel signed at 6 years, 57 million (9 mill and change a year). Greer will NOT be at 7 million. 5 million a year is about a best case scenario for greer.

Also, Greer won't even cost 5 million a year. Go around the league and look at what #1 corners (which Greer is not) on most teams are making. We should be able to lock up Greer in the 4 million/year range.

As for injuries. Yes, you can say that about any position. However, we have a chance to resign a player that has performed well for us at a position that requires much depth. To me, it's a top priority.

Also, remember that after 2009, McGee becomes a Free Agent. Greer (26) is 2 years younger than McGee (28), and will demand less money than McGee will next year. WE lock up Greer now, b/c unfortunately we might not be able to resign McGee next year. But that won't be a concern, b/c by 2010, McKelvin will be ready to lock down the #1 or at least, the #2 corner spot.

You see my friend, that's why they'll be paying me the big bucks in 2 weeks. :w00t:

Giants CB corey webster got 6 years, 43 million with 20 million guaranteed last offseason. Greer will most likely be in the same range as Webster. He'll sign a 5-6 year, 30-40 million dollar deal with 15 mil guaranteed at least.

And McKelvin started the final 6 games this season and did fine. He'll continue to develop. The 11th pick isn't going to ride the pine as a nickel back in his 2nd season, especially after starting at the end of his rookie year.

Are you sure you want the job? I would assume it would go something like this:

You're hired! Your first meeting -

You: I think we can do this, and this and this. Then we can do this and this and this.

Ralph: That sounds great! I calculate that with the cash to cap methodology you have 12 million to spend on FA contracts this year. We'll get into the details of "cash to cap" at a later time. Have fun!

You: Hmmm. How about we resign Peters and Jackson and then turn our attention to the draft and hope somebody falls to us.

Edited:

You: It's no wonder we can't get a quality football guy in here as gm!

FA:

I'm flummoxed by the Kerry Collins for QB thing. Sure he is a vet. And a decent QB. But he plays behind a stellar line. He is not mobile by any means.

If he sit behind our O line as long as he sits behind Munchak's he'll get killed. I think a Jeff Garcia type fits our Oline better.

Collins is better off staying in Nashville or going to the Jets or Browns.

C

As much as I would like to keep Greer, he WILL end up being a cap casualty. As he should. Mckelvin is ready to be a high quality corner, Reggie Corner showed a lot of promise in the Denver game, Youbouty looked good and Mcgee will be top notch. Dansby would look nice in a Bills Uniform, but Crowell I feel would be a better fit for Buffalo, in regards to cap friendliness, familiarity with our system and not to mention he is a good talent (lock him up with a 2 year contract). We should break the bank and Sign Suggs (this would be a good way to try to revive season ticket sales) not to mention he would be that big proven pass rushing DE that we desperately need to go along side Schobel. Schobel we should retain for another year and see if he is the player we hope for him to be, if not, cut him the next following season. Kelsay HAS TO GO!!!! Sign Birk to a 2-3 year deal and draft one of the talented centers in the 2nd - 4th round as it is a deep draft for centers this year. Resign Peters, not too often you get a ProBowl blind side tackle, unless we can get a boat load of draft picks for him. Pick up Coffman or Gresham in either the first or second round TE. If We don't pick up Gresham as our first round, Get Everett Brown, and he should be a good situational pass rusher his first year, and will eventually take over Schobel ( you can never have enough good Defensive Lineman ALA the Giants). If he is not available, then consider Raji or Taylor Mays.

This would be the way I would go.

Are you sure you want the job? I would assume it would go something like this:

You're hired! Your first meeting -

You: I think we can do this, and this and this. Then we can do this and this and this.

Ralph: That sounds great! I calculate that with the cash to cap methodology you have 12 million to spend on FA contracts this year. We'll get into the details of "cash to cap" at a later time. Have fun!

You: Hmmm. How about we resign Peters and Jackson and then turn our attention to the draft and hope somebody falls to us.

Edited:

You: It's no wonder we can't get a quality football guy in here as gm!

Ralph: you can take orders from my lovely daughter Linda Bogdan.

You: %$#@$ C_ _ _!!!!

Ralph: Hope you find a new job...........

I couldn't disagree more with your post. If the Bills had a Collins-type qb this year, I'm very confident we might have made the playoffs.

JP Losman will be gone, and Hamden has no experience QB'ing in this league. If we want any chance at being competitive next year, we cannot afford to go into the season with Trent having no protection behind him. In fact, with Collins in here, there will be an open competition for the starting position at QB. If trent continues to display his hesitant/scared attributes during preaseason like he did at some points this year, this orgnaization will not hesitate in benching him for a while so he can regather his thoughts.

Also, please do not compare Favre to Collins. Favre brings with him a circus where ever he goes. Favre is greater (or so he thinks) than the team. Collins is a team player and will not create a disturbance on the roster. I think you're way off on the comparison.

AMEN! I sign Collins and name him the opening day starter for 2009. In mini camp and training camp he gets a majority of the reps. He's QBed one team to a Super Bowl and another to first seed in playoffs. Our Offensive line is good enough to protect him. Trent and JP and plenty of time to throw the ball this year. That excuse is gone. Trent can then study, practice, learn, and do mop up duty for a couple of years and then maybe he'll be ready. Let's stop foolin' around and get a real QB in here for a change.

Very good question.

We think trading down is our best scenario in this draft. However, if we are unable to do so, we are looking very closely at Everett Brown - Florida State - DE or Taylor Mays - USC - FS/SS or James Laurinities - Ohio State - LB. We're high on all of these.

Another player that's on the rise on our draft board is BJ Raji - Boston College -DT

I'm excited at the prospect of landing any of these. But again, we would prefer to trade down as of now.

Yes sir. But since you don't have that 2nd pick, do you not draft a WR at all in the 2nd, or do you not draft the TE?

Your plan is stupid and I refuse to read it unless and until you name me the Manager of Game Day Clock Management and Football Question Answerer (MGDCMFQA). Please provide your proposed starting salary and fringe benefit package in your reply. I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Someone who knows Dick

FA:

:rolleyes:

decent offseason! I think that the draft may be a little weak though. If the Bills were to make the trade down that you said I would strongly consider taking C Alex Mack out of Cal, this guy is going to be a pro bowler for years and would immediatley make our running game even better. Next with our normal 2nd rounder I would agree with you on taking TE Chase Coffman from Mizzou. This kid has alot of talent. Than with our aquired 2nd rounder I would take DE Matt Scahugnessy from Wisconsin. This would be great because we would have filled our three biggest needs already through the first 2 rounds. Other than that, nice job!