Mort just said a few interesting things

Of course not. But you just said 23 TDs is a totally unimpressive season, which is more than what Kelly averaged in what everyone except you thinks was an easier offense to put up good numbers in. So you must think Cassel is better. :D

Well going by your logic, Daunte Culpepper is a better QB than Kelly. I mean, just look at his 2004 season! Teams should be lining-up to sign him (once the Lions dump him, that is).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NE, being a very savvy organization will probably trade Brady as soon as he can pass a physical.

He's damaged goods, will likely never return to prior form and will bring a boatload of picks.

Not sure how likely it is that they will part with Brady next year - but as far as scenarios go, what could be sweeter than if they cast off Brady at some point in the next couple years to some crappy team and Tommy Boy's carrer ends in craptacular fashion with him getting the crap kicked out of him regularly, losing on a regular basis, and serious discussion ensues that maybe he really wasn't that special and any success 'earlier in his career' was a result of the "system"/cheating :sick:

Having the money is one thing. Getting Ralph to spend it is another thing. The ability of this coaching staff to get the most out of any player that may be acquired is yet another story. But if anyone wants to continue to hope against hope, then go right ahead.

Didn't Wilson pay Dockery 49 Million and Walker 25 Million? And Lee Evans another 34 Million? The man will pay for free agents. The biggest problem is not that Wilson is that cheap. It's that he is paying the wrong players. Kawika Mitchell signed what he felt was a fair contract last year. But the Bills could have gone after Joey Porter and his sacks with the Dolphins instead.

His supporting cast isn't any greater than Kelly's, who ran a hurry-up K-Gun offense. There is no way that today's game is easier to play in as a pass offense and score in than that one. And Cassel hardly had a running game to support him, surely not like Kelly did. Besides, Belichick didn't open up the offense for him until halfway through the year. The first few games he was VERY conservative, even when he threw a lot of passes, they hardly ever went downfield. The second half of the season, Cassel's numbers were insane.

Good for Matt Cassel. He had a pretty good first year starting in the NFL, in particular, the last 8 games. It still seems to me that Tom Brady, with his 3 SB tophies, 2 SB MVP awards and architect of a perfect 16-0 season on his resume', would be my starting QB when he finished his rehab. Which will make Cassel an excellent back up. Now, if he's going to be an UFA March 1st, NE will not put the franchise tag on their back up QB. I don't think even Ralph-Russ-Tom-John-Dick Wilson :sick: would do something that completely stupid, and we are talking about New England here. The Pats might make him a fair offer to stay off the FA market, but my guess is that Cassel will sign with another team this spring.

Didn't Wilson pay Dockery 49 Million and Walker 25 Million? And Lee Evans another 34 Million? The man will pay for free agents. The biggest problem is not that Wilson is that cheap. It's that he is paying the wrong players. Kawika Mitchell signed what he felt was a fair contract last year. But the Bills could have gone after Joey Porter and his sacks with the Dolphins instead.

Even if they go after a Joey Porter type that doesn't mean you'll get him. Although the glamour of spending falls and winters can be very appealing to a young man some might rather play in other places than Buffalo.

Casserly reported we will be $39M under the cap.

No there's one name I would love to have running the show at GM for the Bills. He'd be a heck of a upgrade over our entire FO as a whole.

Huh? Porter signed a 5-year $32M deal with the Dols prior to the 2007 season. So he was neither available this past off-season, nor was his asking price even close to what Mitchell got.

And Wilson pays. But he's not the one who chooses what players to sign.

Awesome - more money to go spend on guys like Walker, Dockery and Kelsay - woo hoo!

Seriously, does it matter how much cap money you have to spend if you throw it at the wrong people?

What is wrong with Walker?

I bet some idiot gives NE a first rounder for Cassel too!

No team will trade for Brady. Teams know that if the Cheatriots are trying to trade him, obviously something's really wrong with him.

And again as I said, there's nothing special about Cassel that makes him worth anything close to franchise money, plus a 1st rounder. I'm betting that in the end, Cassel gets franchised and stays with the Pats next season, and leaves the next off-season for nothing.

We gave up more than a first for a guy that started one game, then gave him $25M/5yrs. That Ralph W sure knows football!

Pats* will do the same with MC as we did with Peerless Price.

We gave up more than a first for a guy that started one game, then gave him $25M/5yrs. That Ralph W sure knows football!

Pats* will do the same with MC as we did with Peerless Price.

John Butler was the GM back then and the team actually won games before and after that trade. The current problem with the Buffalo Bills isn't that the late John Butler gave an contract commensurate with an average NFL starting QB to a QB prospect to be the starting QB over a decade ago. If anything, the Bills contracts negotiations are vastly more phuked up now.

No team will trade for Brady. Teams know that if the Cheatriots are trying to trade him, obviously something's really wrong with him.

And again as I said, there's nothing special about Cassel that makes him worth anything close to franchise money, plus a 1st rounder. I'm betting that in the end, Cassel gets franchised and stays with the Pats next season, and leaves the next off-season for nothing.

I Disagree...

you dont think a team like Tampa or Chicago or Vikings would give up a first this year and next year for Brady? Vikings with Brady = SB in my opinion. Isnt that what we gave for Bledsoe?

What is wrong with Walker?

Nothing if you think he's worth $6M of our cap space and feel he should be the third highest paid player on the team...

I'm not saying the guy's a bad OT, just that he's an example of a guy we overpaid for in FA. He's not as glaring an example as the others because he's actually a decent player, but it doesn't change the fact that he's not a $6M guy in my book...

The cap # is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is if the check Ralph receives from the NFL went up.

Wrong....Ralph has opened his check book when ever the Bills Personnel has requested....See the money they gave to Kelsay, Schoebel, Dockery, Evans etc....What Ralph has failed is opening up his check book to get a good GM/Coach....

Ralph has given this current regime the opportunity to get good players and yet they have failed. The blame is not on Ralph. Teams with worse injuries and much less talent have done better than us due to better coaching.

Wrong....Ralph has opened his check book when ever the Bills Personnel has requested....See the money they gave to Kelsay, Schoebel, Dockery, Evans etc....What Ralph has failed is opening up his check book to get a good GM/Coach....

Ralph has given this current regime the opportunity to get good players and yet they have failed. The blame is not on Ralph. Teams with worse injuries and much less talent have done better than us due to better coaching.

:ph34r: