Mort just said a few interesting things

Just another quick thought: You want to know why Ralph won't bring in a real GM? Because he'd likely use ALL of his cap room and Ralph doesn't want to spend that kind of money. Pretty sad, if you ask me.

What do you mean- he's paying top dollar for Dockery and Walker.........guys that don't earn their salaries.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Butler was the GM back then and the team actually won games before and after that trade. The current problem with the Buffalo Bills isn't that the late John Butler gave an contract commensurate with an average NFL starting QB to a QB prospect to be the starting QB over a decade ago. If anything, the Bills contracts negotiations are vastly more phuked up now.

I was going to write the above. What does Ralph Wilson have to do with the contract given to RJ? :ph34r: And RJ was traded for and paid based on potential. After starting a whole season with a loaded offense, Cassel's numbers were alright but not anything close to franchise-tag-worth.

I Disagree...

you dont think a team like Tampa or Chicago or Vikings would give up a first this year and next year for Brady? Vikings with Brady = SB in my opinion. Isnt that what we gave for Bledsoe?

What I'm trying to say that if the Cheatriots try to trade Brady before he hits the field, teams will know something is up (i.e. he's not healed and/or not the same player he once was) and won't trade for him. He'll need to prove he's completely back before anyone trades for him.

the pats plan to use the franchise tag on Cassel, that will mean they have about $29mil wrapped up in QBs.

also, the cap is supposed to jump to $123million.

that means we should have a lot of money to work with, even if we just go cash to cap.

i hope...

yeah, the only problem is the cap is accelerating so fast that so does every other team, since it is nearly impossible to spend that kind of money that fast, since there are only so many top tier free agents to get...with the Bills unwilling to spend the money other teams will, they really aren't at any advantage at all....