Jauron Should Stay

Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta prove that 'blowing things up' isn't the horrible idea that everyone makes it out to be.

The team has talent, enough to beat SF, Cleveland, and the Jets, unfortunately they were badly outcoached. Winning those 3 games would put the Bills into the playoffs. You can't overlook that in making the decision on a coach, especially one with extensive experience in the NFL.

Jauron is just not an NFL-caliber coach.

AMEN

To all you Dick supporters out there....

I say wait until the next game is over before you make anymore posts about keeping this head coach. If the Patriots beat the Bills it will mean that they were swept in the division this year with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and Tom Brady out all year.

I personnelly could care less about Jauron. I just want to see this team do well. I'm tired of the revolving door we seem to have with our coaches. If fans got their way, we would have a new coach every two years, and go thru 4-5 QBs a season.

Also, funny thing about the easiest schedule....the counted the Jets X2, Dolphons X2, and the Cards records from last year...things have changed a lot since then.

Lost amid this inane argument of keeping a HC is how he performs against playoff teams. DJ is 2-13 over 06 and 07 against playoff teams. The lone wins came against NYJ in 06 and WAS in 07 (who were playing their first game since Sean Taylor's death)

More importantly, DJ is 10-14 on the road.

DJ's teams in his eight seasons as HC have been outscored by 340 points.

This caliber of coaching from DJ will not change, as it hasn't since he took the reigns of a NFL team in 1999.

I agree on your point about coaches not making it past 5 years unless they win. I'm sure that skews the stats of who is still in the coaching seat, and their respective records. BUT, at the same time, Jauron has not made it to 5 years yet. If the Bills improve and make the playoffs next year, does Jauron get a pass for the previous 3 losing seasons?

This is Dick "Kotite" Jauron's EIGHTH year as a head coach.

He has produced 1 winning season out of 8.

He has not been able to generate a winning record against the better teams in the league his entire head coaching career.

Enough is enough.

End the abortion NOW.

OK everyone,

I know this won't be a popular idea, but I want to make the case for Dickie Jauron to stay. I know, I know. I've seen the "Ugly Truth" link, and the "Dick-o-meter." I've also been flaberghasted with some of the absolutely boneheaded calls/moves the Jauron has made (wasted timeouts, playcalls, etc...). Despite this, I think keeping him is probably the best option for the following reasons.

1. Tenured coaches tend to perform better....name one coach that has been with a team for more than 5 years that has a losing record with that team. I think the continuity goes a long way. I can only think of winning coaches.

2. Some of our offensive woes can and should be attributed to a rookie offensive coordinator. Turk Schonert is growing up, just like our rookie players and should be better next year.

3. There were flashes of a very good team. Unfortunately, they are still one of the youngest teams and still inconsistent. This is always the coaches fault. The team should only get better.

4. Trent Edwards is still only finishing his first full season as a starter. He has had a lot to do with the failures of the team. A little more consistency from him and a few others and the team could be headed to the playoffs.

5. Some of Jauron's mistakes/calls can be a doubledged sword. The runs up the middle at the end of the Cleveland game, the deferment to the second half, and the JP interception in the endzone....all plays questioned, but the alternaitives could have failed too.

5. Lastly, do we really want another 2-3 years of rebuilding and installation of a new offensive and defensive system?

Jauron & his assistants has costs us many games in his tenure with terrible play calls. Season opener 2006 vs Pats, 1. run play on 4 & 1, instead of kicking a FG. 2. Having Loseman attempt a pass in the endzone that cost us a safety.

Season opener 2007 vs the Broncos, trying a deep pass when they should have been trying to run the clock out.

MNF vs Dallas, 1. having Edwards attempt a fade pass which got intercepted. 2. Playing prevent defense which let Dallas get into FG range to win the game.

The Blizzard game vs the Browns. Not letting Lindell attempt a FG, when in FG range twice, especially since Phil Dawson made 2 FG's (1 over 40 yards). Trying a screen pass to Jackson on 4 & 5.

This years Browns game, settling for a 47 yard FG with over 30 seconds left on the clock, instead of trying to get a closer FG and take more time off the clock.

Last week vs the Jets, don't even need to mention it.

Plus, if you haven't read my thread about Reggie Corner & the Bills failing to realize the talent they have until someone gets injured, then read that as another reason why Jauron & Co. (except Bobby April) should get canned.

Finally after a month of it being cold & snowy, Jauron has the Bills practicing outside.

I personnelly could care less about Jauron. I just want to see this team do well. I'm tired of the revolving door we seem to have with our coaches. If fans got their way, we would have a new coach every two years, and go thru 4-5 QBs a season.

Also, funny thing about the easiest schedule....the counted the Jets X2, Dolphons X2, and the Cards records from last year...things have changed a lot since then.

You don't hear me complaining about the QB's the Bills have,I've been complaining all year about the asinine play calls and the fact that this OC puts the Bills QB under to much duress with the constant shotguns plays.

Yeah and the Bills lost to all those teams, they lost 2x to the Jets,2x to the Dolphins and to the cards

The teams the Bills beat were the Seahawk's 4-11 Jacksonville 5-10 Raider's 4-11 Rams 2-13 Chiefs 2-13 Chargers 7-8 Bronco's 8-7 The only team with a winning record the Bills beat were the Denver Bronco's and as spoilers.

I have a difficult time in believing that if the Bills were playing for a playoff spot against the Bronco's that they would NOT have choked and somehow managed to call the wrong plays and screw it up.

About the only way this team beats the Patriots next year with Brady healthy is if Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel and OC Josh McDaniels all leave for jobs elsewhere.

As much as I want change with the front office and staff, I see the players comments about Jauron and for me that raises a red flag. If the players feel that strongly about him, then what else can we do? Even if he has an extension, we have no choice to back the guy.....

If the players like him that makes it hard to pull the trigger on getting rid of Jauron

They have played hard for him the last 2 week and should be on a 2 game winning streak

I will say this.....if they beat the Pats next week id be willing to give him 1 more year.

But if they get blown out like last year I would say this team needs a new coach because they have 3 straight years of 7-9 records. They had more talent than this and not getting the Ball to Lee Evans, Your best player, is straight lack off coaching.

OK everyone,

I know this won't be a popular idea, but I want to make the case for Dickie Jauron to stay. I know, I know. I've seen the "Ugly Truth" link, and the "Dick-o-meter." I've also been flaberghasted with some of the absolutely boneheaded calls/moves the Jauron has made (wasted timeouts, playcalls, etc...). Despite this, I think keeping him is probably the best option for the following reasons.

1. Tenured coaches tend to perform better....name one coach that has been with a team for more than 5 years that has a losing record with that team. I think the continuity goes a long way. I can only think of winning coaches.

2. Some of our offensive woes can and should be attributed to a rookie offensive coordinator. Turk Schonert is growing up, just like our rookie players and should be better next year.

3. There were flashes of a very good team. Unfortunately, they are still one of the youngest teams and still inconsistent. This is always the coaches fault. The team should only get better.

4. Trent Edwards is still only finishing his first full season as a starter. He has had a lot to do with the failures of the team. A little more consistency from him and a few others and the team could be headed to the playoffs.

5. Some of Jauron's mistakes/calls can be a doubledged sword. The runs up the middle at the end of the Cleveland game, the deferment to the second half, and the JP interception in the endzone....all plays questioned, but the alternaitives could have failed too.

5. Lastly, do we really want another 2-3 years of rebuilding and installation of a new offensive and defensive system?

Battered wife syndrome. "you know he didn't hit me today-its going to be alright"

Battered wife syndrome. "you know he didn't hit me today-its going to be alright"

More like Buffalo Bills Fan syndrome: "They've sucked over the last 10 games, but they won today, so maybe they'll make the playoffs next year."

thats not so much a point as a statement of fact. Basically its that way because coaches who don't do well with their teams are fired before they reach their 5th year. Leaving bad coaches in place so they can have continuity really doesn't make much sense. Does anyone think that Rod Marinelli or Cam Cameron would suddenly be the next coming of Bill Parcells if they had gotten more time?? So coaches become tenured because they win. They don't lose and still become tenured. If bad coaches start being given more time with their teams and start lasting 5 years, this point would go down the drain. I can't name a coach of 5 years that has a losing record, because losing coaches get fired by year 3...

It would be like saying name one year Buffalo has gotten less than 30 inches of snow...you can't do it because it never happens...similarly you can't name a bad coach with more than 5 years of tenure because they won't have a job that long...

That being said, I think Jauron could turn this team into a playoff contender next year or the year after...the problem for me is that with the ability to get better much faster, it irritates me that teams like Baltimore, Atlanta and Miami are all likely going to make the playoffs this year after having dreadful seasons last year. The Bills were 7-9 last year, and likely now will finish 7-9 again. Part of the problem, IMHO, is that when teams really tank and end up with 5 or less wins, they get high draft picks, and if they make good picks, they can improve dramatically quicker than teams that continuously finish with 7-9 wins and keep missing the playoffs....

However, I think Jauron has not maximized his potential talent this year...obviously Edwards being out for those games didn't help with JP Loserman doing what he does best(losing) in his absence, but if they would have decided to really run the ball like they have the past 5 or 6 weeks, Losman could have been used in a more conservative way with rollouts, bootlegs and other playcalls to utilize his scrambling abilties... I personally think this team as constructed was capable of making the playoffs. Another way of saying it is that if we had a top head coach(Fisher, Bellichick, etc), this team would have won the division this year...

Is Jauron going to win us a super bowl here? Doubtful. I do think he can take us to the playoffs and I don't think the Bills would hire anyone better than him anyways, so why make a change just to make a change?

thats not so much a point as a statement of fact. Basically its that way because coaches who don't do well with their teams are fired before they reach their 5th year. Leaving bad coaches in place so they can have continuity really doesn't make much sense. Does anyone think that Rod Marinelli or Cam Cameron would suddenly be the next coming of Bill Parcells if they had gotten more time?? So coaches become tenured because they win. They don't lose and still become tenured. If bad coaches start being given more time with their teams and start lasting 5 years, this point would go down the drain. I can't name a coach of 5 years that has a losing record, because losing coaches get fired by year 3...

It would be like saying name one year Buffalo has gotten less than 30 inches of snow...you can't do it because it never happens...similarly you can't name a bad coach with more than 5 years of tenure because they won't have a job that long...

That being said, I think Jauron could turn this team into a playoff contender next year or the year after...the problem for me is that with the ability to get better much faster, it irritates me that teams like Baltimore, Atlanta and Miami are all likely going to make the playoffs this year after having dreadful seasons last year. The Bills were 7-9 last year, and likely now will finish 7-9 again. Part of the problem, IMHO, is that when teams really tank and end up with 5 or less wins, they get high draft picks, and if they make good picks, they can improve dramatically quicker than teams that continuously finish with 7-9 wins and keep missing the playoffs....

However, I think Jauron has not maximized his potential talent this year...obviously Edwards being out for those games didn't help with JP Loserman doing what he does best(losing) in his absence, but if they would have decided to really run the ball like they have the past 5 or 6 weeks, Losman could have been used in a more conservative way with rollouts, bootlegs and other playcalls to utilize his scrambling abilties... I personally think this team as constructed was capable of making the playoffs. Another way of saying it is that if we had a top head coach(Fisher, Bellichick, etc), this team would have won the division this year...

Is Jauron going to win us a super bowl here? Doubtful. I do think he can take us to the playoffs and I don't think the Bills would hire anyone better than him anyways, so why make a change just to make a change?

while I may disagree with your overall premise--you do make several excellent points and you presented it well. I think you slightly overestimate our team as presently constructed. We don't have the passrush or the run blocking to be a serious playoff team.

If the players like him that makes it hard to pull the trigger on getting rid of Jauron

They have played hard for him the last 2 week and should be on a 2 game winning streak

I will say this.....if they beat the Pats next week id be willing to give him 1 more year.

But if they get blown out like last year I would say this team needs a new coach because they have 3 straight years of 7-9 records. They had more talent than this and not getting the Ball to Lee Evans, Your best player, is straight lack off coaching.

But they're not on a 2 game win streak, and it's a direct result of the coach. I've said this before but of course they all like Jauron. Wouldn't you love your boss if you knew you could F up and probably not even have a word said to you about it? Jauron is a nice guy, but is a p*ssy and a proven looser. We need to upgrade some talent, but we need a coach in here who will light a fire under some guys and actually have a team ready when a game REALLY means something.

But they're not on a 2 game win streak, and it's a direct result of the coach. I've said this before but of course they all like Jauron. Wouldn't you love your boss if you knew you could F up and probably not even have a word said to you about it? Jauron is a nice guy, but is a p*ssy and a proven looser. We need to upgrade some talent, but we need a coach in here who will light a fire under some guys and actually have a team ready when a game REALLY means something.

Well i agree that they should beat somebody that are going to the playoffs but......

If the players didnt like him they would have blown off the last two games and we have seen a few Bills teams in the past that have run for the bus in the end of the season

I dont like Jauron that much myself dont get me wrong....

But the players are still playing for him and that carries alot of weight when making a coaching decision

Plus you know Ralph doesnt have the Balls to eat his contract so there u go...we stuck and suck

Rebuilding can be done in 1 year look at Miami, Atlanta, iF ATLANTA wins next week and Carolina loses Atlanta is Divison champs! The problem in buffalo is we do things slowly like at a turtle pace.... so Ralph can understand.

We need to go out and get the players we want, not all these lockerroom guys and character guys, I am so sick of hearing that. Cant we just get guys who know how to play the game well, and dont shoot themself or others with a gun while at a bar. That shouldnt be to hard. Oh yeah ralph you gotta loosen up the purse strings, and go after the best.

We have been medicore for way to long since Kelly, Thurman Andre etc all left. Its time for next step forward !

Beating the Pats and knocking them from the playoffs would be a good first start !

I agree with you. Baltimore and Atlanta are going to the playoffs with rookie QBs, and both are coming off of worse records than the Bills last season. The new, rookie coaches were able to change the direction of the franchise.

Miami brought in a rubber-armed QB and have gone from the second worst record in the history of the league to challenging for the divsion.

This isn't rocket science, and after watching football for many years I think we can figure out when a coach is calling a good game or bad game.

The fact that the Bills did not play bump and run against Ted Ginn is inconceivable, especially since there was extensive tape on DBs being able to push this guy 15 yards off his route every game.

The fact that the offensive coaches couldn't scheme against a max cover defense, costing the Bills the games against the Dolphins, Browns, and 49ers is unbelievable.

The short yardage playcalling in the 2nd half of the season has shown a coaching staff that was choosing to try to trick the opposing defense rather than playing the percentages.

After 2 years and 15 games, the offense still does not have an identity under Jauron. Is the talent that bad? Of course not. They have one of the biggest O-lines in the league. They have two RBs with the best yards-after-contact ability in the league. They have two burners at WR.

So what should their identity be? Again, this isn't rocket science. They should be a running team that builds its passing game off of play action. They should be the AFC version of the Panthers.

But we don't see that. We see empty set, shotgun formations on 2nd and 3rd and short. Opposing defense face dozens of plays were they don't have to worry about Lynch and Jackson, the Bills two best offensive players.

I've seen what Jauron has to offer, and it's not good enough for the talent on this team.

:angry::worthy::huh:

OK. Jauron's one. I'm sure there are more. My point is I can probably name more winning coaches with more than 5 years in one spot...Jeff Fischer, Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck, Tony Dungy, John Fox, tom Coughlin

Ummm...OK...

So lets say for the sake of (My) argument The Bills lose next week vs NE...That's 3 losing Seasons for Dead Dick In Buffalo...That means he'll need 3 consecutive winning Seasons to draw even...What would make anyone think that DJ could pull off 3 consecutive winning seasons after watching the last 3 with The Bills...Or for that matter after He's went 8 Seasons as a HC with ONE...That's right, ONE winning Season...

For the love of God don't compare DJ to those other Coaches you listed because there is one main difference, and it trumps all...Jauron is a LOSER...His career record speaks for itself...Take out the one winning Season he had forever and a day ago and His Head Coaching Career is like some sort of bad train wreck...

Dead Dick must go...The only continuity He offers is consistant losing Seasons... :angry:

Bill Parcells has said that you are what your record says you are. If 7-9 is a mediocre record, DJ is a mediocre coach. It's black and white, but there's no question DJ is not the guy who can lead you to the SB.

Three seasons of not making the playoffs is mediocre. And the Bills can affirm mediocrity by bringing DJ back as HC, contract or not.

Be careful what you wish for, though. Let's accept your premise for a moment, that Dick Jauron is an average NFL Coach. If the Bills fire him, barring something crazy like Bill Cowher deciding that he wants to coach in one of the smallest media markets in the NFL, the Bills will be hiring either a veteran coach with a similar (or worse) track record than Jauron or else another unproven commodity. Basically, if your premise of Dick Jauron as an average coach would be correct, that would be a 50% chance of getting a better coach, and a 50% chance of getting a worse coach. The next coach might be the next Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams....

However, I would point out that W-L records can be pretty misleading if considered independent of talent. Bill Belichick had one winning season (11-5) in five years as a Head Coach at Cleveland. If not for David Patten's unconscious head rolling out of bounds against a 3-13 Bills team, Bill Belichick would have gone his first three years in New England without a playoff berth (let alone a Super Bowl win). Of course, Bill Belichick soon caught Tom Brady's lightning in a bottle (and cheated a little bit along the way), and became a reasonably likely Hall of Fame Coach.

This is not to say that Dick Jauron is as good a coach as Belichick - but it is worth noting that having Tom Brady at QB goes a long ways towards making you look like a good Head Coach and having Jim Miller, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Chris Chandler, Kordell Stewart, JP Losman, and a rookie Trent Edwards as your QB's can go a long ways towards making you look like a bad coach.

JDG

Be careful what you wish for, though. Let's accept your premise for a moment, that Dick Jauron is an average NFL Coach. If the Bills fire him, barring something crazy like Bill Cowher deciding that he wants to coach in one of the smallest media markets in the NFL, the Bills will be hiring either a veteran coach with a similar (or worse) track record than Jauron or else another unproven commodity. Basically, if your premise of Dick Jauron as an average coach would be correct, that would be a 50% chance of getting a better coach, and a 50% chance of getting a worse coach. The next coach might be the next Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams....

However, I would point out that W-L records can be pretty misleading if considered independent of talent. Bill Belichick had one winning season (11-5) in five years as a Head Coach at Cleveland. If not for David Patten's unconscious head rolling out of bounds against a 3-13 Bills team, Bill Belichick would have gone his first three years in New England without a playoff berth (let alone a Super Bowl win). Of course, Bill Belichick soon caught Tom Brady's lightning in a bottle (and cheated a little bit along the way), and became a reasonably likely Hall of Fame Coach.

This is not to say that Dick Jauron is as good a coach as Belichick - but it is worth noting that having Tom Brady at QB goes a long ways towards making you look like a good Head Coach and having Jim Miller, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Chris Chandler, Kordell Stewart, JP Losman, and a rookie Trent Edwards as your QB's can go a long ways towards making you look like a bad coach.

JDG

Who says that a mediocre coach will be hired to replace DJ? That's an assumption, but becomes more realistic should this team forego hiring a GM and decides that a non-football man can run football operations. The travesty of this entire organization is that Buffalo thinks it can succeed in a division in which two other teams (the ones most likely to make the post-season) have football people making decisions on coaches and personnel. Felser's article in the BN shows that Buffalo has prospered when they have people in tune with the NFL.

Many will say TD couldn't pick a HC and was a football guy. But I'd rather take my chances with someone who is in-tune with the league. Dimitroff did it in ATL. Parcells has done it in MIA. Ozzie Newsome in BAL. Good Football execs have better success and know what to look for in a HC.

OK everyone,

I know this won't be a popular idea, but I want to make the case for Dickie Jauron to stay.....

Let me ask you this, how many more years of not making the playoffs with sub .500 seasons will it take for you to change your mind about Jauron? Every year, he does "just enough" to keep his job. I'll point to Baltimore, Atlanta and Miami as proof that "tenure" is overrated. Each of those teams has a "new" QB, too. Jauron's 3 year losing record at Buffalo is not enough to keep his job in my book and it shouldn't be in your book, nor Ralph's book for that matter, either. Jauron's job is to win games, get into the playoffs and go the superbowl. He hasn't and there isn't anything in his resume so far that indicates he will. The longer Jauron stays, the more we can all resign ourselves to +- .500 seasons and more of the exact same thing that his coaching history consists of.

Believe me, I'd love to be wrong and I'll be the first to admit I was and eat my words if I am.

Who says that a mediocre coach will be hired to replace DJ? That's an assumption,

Well, by definition, 50% of the Head Coaches in the League are below-average.

The proposition was made that Dick Jauron's pretty consistent record at the .500 level defines him as a "mediocre coach" - so it seems pretty reasonable to conclude that in the hiring of an unknown quantity,@50% would be better and @50% would be worse.

Every team in the League hiring a Head Coach this offseason will be attempting to hire one of the above-average runs. I see no reason to believe a priori that we would be any more likely than any other to succeed in doing so, rather than hiring the next Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey.

JDG

Let me ask you this, how many more years of not making the playoffs with sub .500 seasons will it take for you to change your mind about Jauron? Every year, he does "just enough" to keep his job. I'll point to Baltimore, Atlanta and Miami as proof that "tenure" is overrated.

Well, I think there are some caveats there as well. The Falcons had been decent before going through the single-year implosion of the Michael Vick scandal as well as a rookie college coach (Bobby Petrino) who was not only in way over his head, but quit on the team to boot...

Similarly, the Ravens had a ready-made defense in place with tons of veteran leadership on it, and were only a year removed from a 13-3 season.

The only real example of a single-season turn-around of a cellar-dwelling franchise is the Miami Dolphins - and what can I say, Parcells is the best in the business at that. Although it is worth noting that Parcells won the lottery when an excellent vetern QB like Chad Pennington not only came available - but then stayed healthy the whole season for them. And, of course, they drew the same easy schedule this year that we drew.

With that being said, I remain skeptical about how enduring the success of these three roookie head coaches will be. I think Ray Rhodes once won "Coach of the Year" after going 10-6 following Rich Kotitite's perennial ..500 teams in Philly, and proceeded to be a complete wash-out. George Seifert went to three NFC Championship game and then won a Super Bowl on the fourth try, only to finish his career with two .500 or so seasons and then a 15 game losing streak for a 1-15 Carolina Panthers team.

JDG

Well, by definition, 50% of the Head Coaches in the League are below-average.

Not quite, as coaches who are consistently 8-8 are not below average. They just happen to regress to the mean...

Look I agree.........I cant argue anything with you. But if he did sign the extension what else can we do? We have no choice other then "try" to support him......

It doesn't bother you that *that's* the reason we should keep the guy? Not his ability as a HC? I think his career record speak for itself. I want to be Jauron's friend and I'll invite him to my Christmas parties. I just don't want him as my HC.

C

Well, I think there are some caveats there as well. The Falcons had been decent before going through the single-year implosion of the Michael Vick scandal as well as a rookie college coach (Bobby Petrino) who was not only in way over his head, but quit on the team to boot...

Similarly, the Ravens had a ready-made defense in place with tons of veteran leadership on it, and were only a year removed from a 13-3 season.

The only real example of a single-season turn-around of a cellar-dwelling franchise is the Miami Dolphins - and what can I say, Parcells is the best in the business at that. Although it is worth noting that Parcells won the lottery when an excellent vetern QB like Chad Pennington not only came available - but then stayed healthy the whole season for them. And, of course, they drew the same easy schedule this year that we drew.

With that being said, I remain skeptical about how enduring the success of these three roookie head coaches will be. I think Ray Rhodes once won "Coach of the Year" after going 10-6 following Rich Kotitite's perennial ..500 teams in Philly, and proceeded to be a complete wash-out. George Seifert went to three NFC Championship game and then won a Super Bowl on the fourth try, only to finish his career with two .500 or so seasons and then a 15 game losing streak for a 1-15 Carolina Panthers team.

JDG

The common denominator in all those teams Falcons, Fins, Ravens is that they have stellar front offices. FOs and GMs that can evaluate players and coaches.

Atl - Dimitroff (Pioli protege)

Bal - Ozzie Newsome

Mia - Parcells

What do we have? I like Brandon - but he needs to distinguish himself this off season. He needs to hire a real football guy he can learn from.

C

As much as I hate to think of being in the same spot next year, a change in the coaching staff is not going to put us in any better position. We need to fix our player deficiencies before any coaching staff is gonna turn it around.

Did we underachieve this year - yes. There were at least three winnable games that we blew and that frankly would have been won with more a more experienced QB and Offensive Coordinator. Dick has responsibility as well but it is all hindsight. He was a genius after 6 games this year.

I say this team wins at least 2 of those 3 games with a good pass rush. The defense had a hand in our collapses just as much as the offense and I was just as frustrated watching other teams carve us up when we couldn't even touch their QB. Yah our offensive struggles sucked, but I remember the defensive collapses (third and long killed us once again this year) more than the offensive failures.

The fact is that we have a chance at an impactful draft this year. Draft a stud pass rusher in the first round. A good center in the second (although Preston is making strides). Linebacker in the third. Build depth on the lines including another TE to replace Royal.

I truly believe that if we get a couple of great pass rushers, this team goes to the playoffs. This draft is Dick's final chance to save his job.

- BBF