Jauron Should Stay

OK everyone,

I know this won't be a popular idea, but I want to make the case for Dickie Jauron to stay. I know, I know. I've seen the "Ugly Truth" link, and the "Dick-o-meter." I've also been flaberghasted with some of the absolutely boneheaded calls/moves the Jauron has made (wasted timeouts, playcalls, etc...). Despite this, I think keeping him is probably the best option for the following reasons.

1. Tenured coaches tend to perform better....name one coach that has been with a team for more than 5 years that has a losing record with that team. I think the continuity goes a long way. I can only think of winning coaches.

2. Some of our offensive woes can and should be attributed to a rookie offensive coordinator. Turk Schonert is growing up, just like our rookie players and should be better next year.

3. There were flashes of a very good team. Unfortunately, they are still one of the youngest teams and still inconsistent. This is always the coaches fault. The team should only get better.

4. Trent Edwards is still only finishing his first full season as a starter. He has had a lot to do with the failures of the team. A little more consistency from him and a few others and the team could be headed to the playoffs.

5. Some of Jauron's mistakes/calls can be a doubledged sword. The runs up the middle at the end of the Cleveland game, the deferment to the second half, and the JP interception in the endzone....all plays questioned, but the alternaitives could have failed too.

5. Lastly, do we really want another 2-3 years of rebuilding and installation of a new offensive and defensive system?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't question Jauron's effort. He tried as hard as he could to not score a touchdwn on those 2 hand offs to Oman, whoever the f :angry: k he is, on first and goal.

Like I said, his play calls are always going to be questioned, but the alternatives could been just as bad or worse. If he passed, becuase the RB's were gassed, we be complaining about the stupid play calling

You can't question Jauron's effort. He tried as hard as he could to not score a touchdwn on those 2 hand offs to Oman, whoever the f :angry: k he is, on first and goal.

Anyone who does not know who one of our drafted players are should not be giving advice to team. Who do you think you are - an ESPN columnist?

I'm tired of the belly aching about play calling. Every team and i do mean EVERY team calls questionable or poor plays every game. No coach in America always calls the perfect play at the perfect time. Ask Denver fans how they thought Shanahan and his staff called today's game? I'm sure they had a ton of criticism from Broncos fans.

SOmeone has a beef with Oman? then why the hell is he even on the roster? I bet your the same guy that complained about throwing to Steve Johnson earlier in the season.

Keep Jauron. I'm all for continuity. Get better players.

Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta prove that 'blowing things up' isn't the horrible idea that everyone makes it out to be.

The team has talent, enough to beat SF, Cleveland, and the Jets, unfortunately they were badly outcoached. Winning those 3 games would put the Bills into the playoffs. You can't overlook that in making the decision on a coach, especially one with extensive experience in the NFL.

Jauron is just not an NFL-caliber coach.

OK everyone,

I know this won't be a popular idea, but I want to make the case for Dickie Jauron to stay. I know, I know. I've seen the "Ugly Truth" link, and the "Dick-o-meter." I've also been flaberghasted with some of the absolutely boneheaded calls/moves the Jauron has made (wasted timeouts, playcalls, etc...). Despite this, I think keeping him is probably the best option for the following reasons.

1. Tenured coaches tend to perform better....name one coach that has been with a team for more than 5 years that has a losing record with that team. I think the continuity goes a long way. I can only think of winning coaches.

2. Some of our offensive woes can and should be attributed to a rookie offensive coordinator. Turk Schonert is growing up, just like our rookie players and should be better next year.

3. There were flashes of a very good team. Unfortunately, they are still one of the youngest teams and still inconsistent. This is always the coaches fault. The team should only get better.

4. Trent Edwards is still only finishing his first full season as a starter. He has had a lot to do with the failures of the team. A little more consistency from him and a few others and the team could be headed to the playoffs.

5. Some of Jauron's mistakes/calls can be a doubledged sword. The runs up the middle at the end of the Cleveland game, the deferment to the second half, and the JP interception in the endzone....all plays questioned, but the alternaitives could have failed too.

5. Lastly, do we really want another 2-3 years of rebuilding and installation of a new offensive and defensive system?

:angry::worthy::huh::censored::wallbash::wallbash:

As much as I want change with the front office and staff, I see the players comments about Jauron and for me that raises a red flag. If the players feel that strongly about him, then what else can we do? Even if he has an extension, we have no choice to back the guy.....

I don't believe anyone wants to rebuild, but I also think that the thing that really bothers people about Jauron is the fact that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

It seems like most weeks he runs when he should pass and passes when he should run. He won't challenge a play and then next week do the same mistake. If we had a new coach who appeared to be learning, like Turk, it would be easier to be lenient, but Jauron doesn't seem to have any potential.

The fact that we are, and yes we are, going to go 7-9 three seasons in a row despite the upgrade of talent from last year to now is pretty disturbing. I don't want to keep rebuilding, but Jauron has to prove that he can make this team improve beyond the occasional feel good game.

Jauron got five years in Chicago. He won 35, lost 45. His first time as a tenured coach worked out great. :angry:

Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta prove that 'blowing things up' isn't the horrible idea that everyone makes it out to be.

The team has talent, enough to beat SF, Cleveland, and the Jets, unfortunately they were badly outcoached. Winning those 3 games would put the Bills into the playoffs. You can't overlook that in making the decision on a coach, especially one with extensive experience in the NFL.

Jauron is just not an NFL-caliber coach.

i see us being 7-9 next year.just a wild guess

Lynch was hurt. Jackson just caught a pass for a long gain and was gassed.

Who else do you want to run the ball? McIntyre???? We drafted the kid, why not give him a chance?

I don't get Bills fans. If we had passed either down, I guarantee you plenty of people would've said "HOW COME WE DIDN'T SMASH THE BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS AND RUN THE BALL 3 TIMES!"

As much as I want change with the front office and staff, I see the players comments about Jauron and for me that raises a red flag. If the players feel that strongly about him, then what else can we do? Even if he has an extension, we have no choice to back the guy.....

The team's record has not improved in 3 seasons.

I'm more interested in Edwards claim that he was not prepared for the Brown's defense than his praise of how nice a guy Jauron is.

There's no excuse for that, Jauron needs to go.

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I'm not crazy about the uncertainty that comes with a leadership change, especially if Ralph brings in another cheap alternative. Then you've got two or three years of excuses about needing time for the new system to work, blah, blah, blah. Groundhog Day again.

On the other hand, I just don't think Jauron is the type of coach this young team needs. He doesn't appear to be inspirational or motivational. Not rah-rah, but someone who can get these young guys focused and show them how to bounce back from a loss. Or to light a fire under undermotivated players.

I'd like to believe the players like to play for him because they respect him and will run through walls for him, and not that they like his "players coach" style.

We all know where nice guys finish...

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I'm not crazy about the uncertainty that comes with a leadership change, especially if Ralph brings in another cheap alternative. Then you've got two or three years of excuses about needing time for the new system to work, blah, blah, blah. Groundhog Day again.

On the other hand, I just don't think Jauron is the type of coach this young team needs. He doesn't appear to be inspirational or motivational. Not rah-rah, but someone who can get these young guys focused and show them how to bounce back from a loss. Or to light a fire under undermotivated players.

I'd like to believe the players like to play for him because they respect him and will run through walls for him, and not that they like his "players coach" style.

We all know where nice guys finish...

According to George Carlin they finish 3rd out of a sample size of 6. Now short guys on the other hand.....

Your #1 in your argument is inherantly flawed. Coaches don't make it 5 years UNLESS they win. The worst part about our coaches & playcalling is that other teams seem to be able to accurately predict what we do depending on the formaiton and down/distance. The announcers made an interesting point relating to that today. They were talking about their conversation with Cutler yesterday and how he told them they would have 2 plays called on every offensive down and that they would pick the "right" one because Denver would know what we were doing defensively. Call me crazy but that reeks of second rate coaching.

The team's record has not improved in 3 seasons.

I'm more interested in Edwards claim that he was not prepared for the Brown's defense than his praise of how nice a guy Jauron is.

There's no excuse for that, Jauron needs to go.

Look I agree.........I cant argue anything with you. But if he did sign the extension what else can we do? We have no choice other then "try" to support him......

Jauron got five years in Chicago. He won 35, lost 45. His first time as a tenured coach worked out great. :angry:

OK. Jauron's one. I'm sure there are more. My point is I can probably name more winning coaches with more than 5 years in one spot...Jeff Fischer, Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck, Tony Dungy, John Fox, tom Coughlin