Trent came of age today

zow2

Yes..i know we said that back in week #4 or whatever. But today was different. The book it out on Trent. Hit him hard, hit him late, hit him often....and he will fold like a house of cards. Well today, they hit him hard in the 1st Qtr and Trent looked around, realized he wasn't concussed again, and then decided "hey, i can do this"...."i can take a hit, get up, and still go through my progressions on the next series". I'm bummed we did not get a chance to see this Trent in the Toronto game when we still had a chance. Oh well.. good to see him rebound today.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes..i know we said that back in week #4 or whatever. But today was different. The book it out on Trent. Hit him hard, hit him late, hit him often....and he will fold like a house of cards. Well today, they hit him hard in the 1st Qtr and Trent looked around, realized he wasn't concussed again, and then decided "hey, i can do this"...."i can take a hit, get up, and still go through my progressions on the next series". I'm bummed we did not get a chance to see this Trent in the Toronto game when we still had a chance. Oh well.. good to see him rebound today.

He proved he could play in the cold and I was not convinced he could.!

He played a very nice game, but buying into anything regarding the Bills probably isn't too smart. I've learned that in the past, and won't get fooled again. Maybe I'll start buying into members of the team again when they actually do something significant -- i.e., make the playoffs.

He played a very nice game, but buying into anything regarding the Bills probably isn't too smart. I've learned that in the past, and won't get fooled again. Maybe I'll start buying into members of the team again when they actually do something significant -- i.e., make the playoffs.

That about sums it up. Playoffs or bust. There's no in-between. Nothing less than the playoffs will due. Any other outcome must be considered a failure.

Trance played well....If he can keep it up we have a very bright future.

Rmember he has still not solved the 3-4 puzzle and our division will remain unbeatable until he does. If he has a breakout and very solid game against the Patsies next week then I might be more optimistic.

I have no doubt Trent is "the guy." I've felt this since last year. He just needs a little more seasoning and experience and he'll get there. He's only a second year man and a first year starter. As the offense evolves and is catered to him he'll get better and better. He really needs a pass catching tight end, though.

Right now he lacks consistency. But the games against San Diego and Kansas City are evidence that he can light it up. He just needs to perform this way on a more consistent basis, which come with time. The early season 4th quarter drives also fill me with confidence.

He also needs to be more durable.

And it was a 4-3 defense ... not a 3-4.

This is the part that gets me. I'm still amazed at how bad this team can look against a 3-4. Maybe his time on the bench helped him enough to get it together next week. At any rate, he did play well, and in the cold. I hope it snows next week and he plays well against a 3-4 and in the snow. It may offer a little hope at least.

Coming into this game, Denver was 29th overall in total team defense, giving up an average of 373.4 ypg, 230.3 passing yard per game, let's not forget that

They were missing Champ Bailey for the 7 games leading to today. I would say he probably improves them some so Trent played against their best...

They were missing Champ Bailey for the 7 games leading to today. I would say he probably improves them some so Trent played against their best...

They couldnt stop anybody with or without Bailey. Sorry im still not sold on Trent. Great potential but i dont think hes arrived yet

And Evans had 2 catches for 19 yards seems like Trent really did pick their best apart....

From my watching the game more years than I care to admit, I define injury prone as a player missing playing time with injuries to three different parts of his body over a short period of time.

In his still brief career (a career that has seen him perform extraordinarily well at QB when it can easily take two years of play before a player leads his team to wins consistently) he was knocked out of a game and forced to the bench for a couple of games by an injured arm, earlier this year he was forced to the bench for a few games with a concussion, and just today he made a great comeback from missing getting knocked out of the game and missing a couple with a groin pull.

I am sorry to say it but Trent Edwards is injury prone.

Does this mean we should give up on him and get another starter to invest too much hope in?

Nope.

He did put on some muscle weight this off-season and maybe between a combination of developing his young body some more and learning how to defend himself (without getting happy feet or getting gunshy) and he can beat the injury issue.

JP is done.

We would be smart to stick with Trent and try to at least have him survive. However, we would be simply foolish and setting ourselves up for another losing season in 2009 unless this team makes it a priority to sign a vet QB as an FA who can step in if (when?) Trent goes down if he continues to have the injury prone experience he has had in his first two pro years (and while running for his life at Stanford as well).

The real question I have in my mind is whether the local media which covers the Bills and a small but vocal segment of the fan base which seems to delight in ragging on these overpaid men playing a boys game to entertain us.

Actually, I have no doubt that folks like WGR and Jerry Sullivan are not mature enough to deal with having two QBs from the way they contributed to dividing this town during the RJ (who was injury prone)/Flutie days and who have delighted in filling column inches and selling radio commercials using the faults of a series of Bills QBs as fodder.

Really? How do you think Trentie would have fared if the game was played in OP today?

Link

I'm guessin' Dick would have held a tissue to Trent's nose and said, "It's OK, Trentie....not that cold....now blow...blow hard..."

This is the part that gets me. I'm still amazed at how bad this team can look against a 3-4. Maybe his time on the bench helped him enough to get it together next week. At any rate, he did play well, and in the cold. I hope it snows next week and he plays well against a 3-4 and in the snow. It may offer a little hope at least.

If we fix the interior line, we will look better against 3-4 defenses. You have to be able to attack the gap between the NT and DE's......for our offense, that gap may as well not be there

Guest dog14787
Really? How do you thing Trentie would have fared if the game was played in OP today?

Link

Moorman would even shiver at thought of playing at home today :angry:

Guest dog14787
Really? How do you think Trentie would have fared if the game was played in OP today?

Link

I'm guessin' Dick would have held a tissue to Trent's nose and said, "It's OK, Trentie....not that cold....now blow...blow hard..."

Awww TE, its not that bad out there, I can't see you out there , but I'll bet its not that bad, and I like ya allot :angry:

Link

Watching that... maybe that's why McKelvin was smiling so much when he got off the plane in Denver? :angry: