Trent came of age today

zow2

There are a few differences. Trent can play. Losman can't.

Another difference is that when Losman played, I actually rooted for him to do well. On the rare occasions that he played well, I gave him his props.

The Bills are not that good, and their coach gives them a handicap in every game. The defensive system is an outdated joke, and the offense has gaping holes at TE and in the offensive line. Still, Trent has managed to win 20% more football games in 1 1/2 seasons than Losman has in 5 years, but it is like the fanboys just can't stand it.

It is a little freakish to be quite honest.

I don't care who is QB, I just want a team that wins.

The problem I have is whenever someone brings up a valid criticism with Trent without even mentioning JP, the Trent fanboys have to retort with comments about JP instead of dealing with Trents perceived flaws. JP shouldn't even part of the discussion. The Trent fanboys are no better than the JP fan boys.

I agree about the coaching and the defensive system.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that is freakish is how Trent seems to only play against teams with losing records, while JP seemed to get the teams on the top side of .500.

The Bills under Jauron have managed three wins against teams over .500. and Denver doesn't count if they lose next week.

Next year will be more of the same, and you won't have JP to blame.

Yes, Bill- your paramour had a decent outing yesterday. Maybe Dakota Fanning was in the stands? :lol:

How do you think he'll fare this Sunday in RWS against the Patsies*?

I hope he destroys them. How about you?

What do I think? It will be tough. NE is tough to run on, and this obviously would hinder any qb. Their strengths (Seymour, Wilfork, etc.) match up well against our weaknesses. Still, I think that our receivers can get open against them and that Trent will make some plays, although it will be brutal if they fall way behind early.

In other words, I do not concede this game. We don't have to. Losman isn't starting.

The problem I have is whenever someone brings up a valid criticism with Trent without even mentioning JP, the Trent fanboys have to retort with comments about JP instead of dealing with Trents perceived flaws.

Trent does a couple of things wrong. This (imo) is mostly due to inexperience. Still, look at some of these posts EC.

They just won a game, ya know? Denver has a bad defense, and Trent was still under pressure. They came from behind, in the cold, on the road, against Shanahan, and Trent led the offense. It is obvious that some posters cannot stand this because they feel that he beat out JP for the job.

The thing is, he didn't. JP played himself out of the job time and time again.

I hope he destroys them. How about you?

What do I think? It will be tough. NE is tough to run on, and this obviously would hinder any qb. Their strengths (Seymour, Wilfork, etc.) match up well against our weaknesses. Still, I think that our receivers can get open against them and that Trent will make some plays, although it will be brutal if they fall way behind early.

In other words, I do not concede this game. We don't have to. Losman isn't starting.

OK, gotta admit, that got a chuckle outa me. :lol:

Losman may not be starting, but Jauron is still coaching. And Dakota won't be there to cheer Trent on. Plus, I doubt your favorite studmuffin will be there to protect Trentie's blind side. (In fact, I'd be shocked if FatBoy plays another down of football before September.)

That said, of course I hope Edwards absolutely destroys the Cheatriots*. I'd love nothing more than for you to be absolutely right about him. More likely, we'll see that nagging groin-concussion re-aggravated again.

It means Trentie has a 'thing' for 12-year-old actresses.

I'm surprised you don't already have this page 'bookmarked' (don't get fixated on his photo, just scroll down to the 'Getting to Know Trent Edwards' portion)...

Link

A little weird, if ya ask me.

Well, I hope it was a joke. :lol:

The other one is smoking hot.

definition: Coming of age

A wide open Brandon Stokley slipping in the back of the endzone and falling on his face as the ball sails harmlessly over his sprawling body.

Whose to say Denver would have won the game if he caught it? With the field position we'd been getting and all three timeouts tucked away, there's no reason to make any assumption.

Next year will be more of the same, and you won't have JP to blame.

I can't wait! Regardless of whether or not TE is the answer, JP is definitely not... at least not in Buffalo. I hope the guy does well wherever he ends up. I'm going to root for TE, or Hamdon, or whoever the hell else they find to put in at QB. As long as that person can lead to more W's.

Was I the only person who, on the second play of the game when TE fumbled, thought "My god TE has a great JP impression!"

It means Trentie has a 'thing' for 12-year-old actresses.

I'm surprised you don't already have this page 'bookmarked' (don't get fixated on his photo, just scroll down to the 'Getting to Know Trent Edwards' portion)...

Link

A little weird, if ya ask me.

Your post, your accusations... just wrong, dude.

I can't wait! Regardless of whether or not TE is the answer, JP is definitely not... at least not in Buffalo. I hope the guy does well wherever he ends up. I'm going to root for TE, or Hamdon, or whoever the hell else they find to put in at QB. As long as that person can lead to more W's.

Was I the only person who, on the second play of the game when TE fumbled, thought "My god TE has a great JP impression!"

I was thinking... Why the hell can't they stop that safety blitz!!!! If I were an opposing team, I'd blitz like that every play. Because we've shown absolutely no ability to recognize it or do anything about it. Man was I cussing at that point!!

There are a few differences. Trent can play. Losman can't.

Another difference is that when Losman played, I actually rooted for him to do well. On the rare occasions that he played well, I gave him his props.

The Bills are not that good, and their coach gives them a handicap in every game. The defensive system is an outdated joke, and the offense has gaping holes at TE and in the offensive line. Still, Trent has managed to win 20% more football games in 1 1/2 seasons than Losman has in 5 years, but it is like the fanboys just can't stand it.

The FACT is Trent has played almost as many games in TWO seasons as JP has in 5, & he has not played all that much better, plus he is INJURY PRONE. JP is gone after NEXT WEEK so you can STOP comparing Trent to him. The Bills NEED a NEW GOOD QB.(Along with NEW COACHES)

NO, you weren't

Because as I've said, QB is not the biggest problem on this team.

TE and JP are interchangeable, as long as Limp Dick is the HC and Mr. Pro-Bowl is LT. 7-9 here we come. :lol:

Yes..i know we said that back in week #4 or whatever. But today was different. The book it out on Trent. Hit him hard, hit him late, hit him often....and he will fold like a house of cards. Well today, they hit him hard in the 1st Qtr and Trent looked around, realized he wasn't concussed again, and then decided "hey, i can do this"...."i can take a hit, get up, and still go through my progressions on the next series". I'm bummed we did not get a chance to see this Trent in the Toronto game when we still had a chance. Oh well.. good to see him rebound today.

Too bad hes not going to like the pressur biltzes from NE next week. I gues if today hes coming of age next week he will be running as fast as he can to get back in his mothers womb :lol: