Trent came of age today

zow2

Really? How do you think Trentie would have fared if the game was played in OP today?

Link

I'm guessin' Dick would have held a tissue to Trent's nose and said, "It's OK, Trentie....not that cold....now blow...blow hard..."

Is that what happened during this game?

I'm not sold on Trent either, and want to see him on the sideline backing up a veteran next year. Just sayin'.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Watching that... maybe that's why McKelvin was smiling so much when he got off the plane in Denver? :angry:

To be so young, McKelvin is turning into a big play maker and leader real quick.

Guest dog14787
Is that what happened during this game?

I'm not sold on Trent either, and want to see him on the sideline backing up a veteran next year. Just sayin'.

The Holy Trent is back :angry:

But you're right - Trentie had a great outing against a 1-15 Dolphins team that day.

Can he play in cold weather or not? Yes, he can.

Can he play in the snow or not? Yes, he can.

Can he play well consistently enough to be a starter for a winning team in this league? Nobody knows for sure. My suspicion is that no, he can not.

That said, this bad weather business needs to stop.

Can he play well consistently enough to be a starter for a winning team in this league? Nobody knows for sure. My suspicion is that no, he can not.

You could say the same thing about most all young QBs in the league. Cutler and Rivers, just to name 2 super stars, are unquestioned starters but have not much more to show for it this season.

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes, he can even play well in it.

Likewise, but hope we're both wrong.

I'm all for stopping this bad weather, but suspect I'll have to move to Fiji for that to happen. :angry:

It will stop after he leads the team to a few more wins in cold weather like he did today. However, it is pretty clear he got a really bad start today and there is some likelihood that in addition to Turk running the offense badly that Edwards playing in what he himself said was colder than any temp he had played in was part of the problem.

A couple of early passes were simply poor passes we are not used to from Edwards and the cold seems like a reasonable explanation as he got better as the game went on and he warmed up.

The bad weather complaint will not stop until he does prove he can consistently be a starter for a winning team. Given the reality of his poor start this is not an unreasonable assessment until he plays like he did late in the game routinely in cold weather.

It will stop after he leads the team to a few more wins in cold weather like he did today. However, it is pretty clear he got a really bad start today and there is some likelihood that in addition to Turk running the offense badly that Edwards playing in what he himself said was colder than any temp he had played in was part of the problem.

A couple of early passes were simply poor passes we are not used to from Edwards and the cold seems like a reasonable explanation as he got better as the game went on and he warmed up.

The bad weather complaint will not stop until he does prove he can consistently be a starter for a winning team. Given the reality of his poor start this is not an unreasonable assessment until he plays like he did late in the game routinely in cold weather.

Trent has has started slowly, only to improve later on, in plenty of games this year. Its inexpilcable, but it has occured mutiple times during his '08 campaign regardless of the weather. Think Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Browns. Additionally, Edwards only has 10 or 11 wins to his credit (depending on who you ask), and 2 of them are in cold weather.

So far, he's not that good of a quarterback overall. But his play doesn't seem to drop with the thermometer disproportionately to other quarterbacks.

They couldnt stop anybody with or without Bailey. Sorry im still not sold on Trent. Great potential but i dont think hes arrived yet

And Evans had 2 catches for 19 yards seems like Trent really did pick their best apart....

If you read some quotes, Evans was doubled all day so Edwards went to Reed. If you are going to criticize the bad you have to give credit to the good.

Rmember he has still not solved the 3-4 puzzle and our division will remain unbeatable until he does. If he has a breakout and very solid game against the Patsies next week then I might be more optimistic.

"HE" [Trent Edwards] hasn'r solved the 3-4 puzzle??

Sorry - the only ones who haven't solved the 3-4 puzzle are Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston.

We have no NFL starting talent at the Center position and without it, we look bad against 3-4's with good NT's - which is all the ones we've faced.

The OL _did_ step up weel against the Jets lwast week for the most part - too bad DJ had a brain cramp at the end.

It was really a shame they didn't address their issues at C this April - let's hope they pick one up this time.

Trent didn't make the big mistakes this week that have been occurring since our 5-1 start. I don't think that means he finally came of age. This was another team with a weak defense that TE did OK against. I'm definitely a TE supporter, but what I saw today didn't make me think he's suddenly ready to go against a top notch defense. All of our division games this year have shown that we need improvement, especially with the decision making of our QB position. This week against the Pats* will be a real test... don't let this game go to your head like so many of them did earlier this year (to a majority of us!).

Watching that... maybe that's why McKelvin was smiling so much when he got off the plane in Denver? :lol:

no comparison between below freezing weather in Denver and below freezing weather in Buffalo. none whatsoever. you can play golf in 30 degrees in Denver if the sun is shining. great place.