BillsNYC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you're not a real Bills fan.

I remember last year when everybody here in NYC was angry when the Giants started winning after a rough start because they wanted Coughlin fired. They wanted their team to lose. Look how that turned out.

I don't think this changes anything, Brandon and Jauron should be gone, but if you weren't rooting for the Bills to win at the end, then you're not a true Bills fan.

GO BILLS!!! Great Xmas present, playoffs would have been better, but I'll take this win for the week.

It's nice we beat a team with something to play for on the road late in the year. Really the last two weeks the offensive play calling has been much better. I blame the Jet loss on LP's lack of pocket presence.

So I am happy the Bills won and hope they play well and win next week.

Part of being a sports fan, is being excited when your team wins. If you can't manage to cough up some temporal happiness after a win, I think maybe you should consider if you are actually a fan. Having a short period of happiness doesn't make one dismiss the reality of the situation, once the short-term euphoria of a victory wears off. But, while I don't know you, I suspect if you can't manage to enjoy a victory, you might be one miserable SOB.

Despite our record, and lack of playoff berth again, I enjoyed the win immensely today, but I'm also pragmatic and know we're not going to win many games when the opposition has 532 yards of offense, to our 275.

Yet, the win was sweet......Merry Christmas..

And if you're excited about a meaningless win that does nothing but hurt the Bills' draft picks next year and possibly helps Ralph's case to save money by keeping Jauron, then you're part of the problem and not the solution.

Well, I'm a HUGE part of the problem then. Because I love this win!

And if you're excited about a meaningless win that does nothing but hurt the Bills' draft picks next year and possibly helps Ralph's case to save money by keeping Jauron, then you're part of the problem and not the solution.

7:39 pm, we get a "winning hurts the franchise" post.

Anyone spot an earlier one? This the first?

It's quite simple. Brandon has no real world experience to be a NFL GM. His de-facto promotion does not address the issue of this team not having the talent evaluators on par with franchises like NE and MIA. I am not advocating the recruitment of a Cowher, Schottenheimer, or similar big name individual for the position. I will say that there exists a huge void within the front office, and Brandon is not the solution.

Expecting RB to successfully negotiate the rough and tumble world of NFL personnel is akin to asking your garbageman to handle PR for their company. His previous marketing experience is not a qualifier for handling personnel.

To your first point: That's a reason to not hire him...it is NOT a reason to fire him. Also note that he is NOT the GM. You used to say that Jauron made all the personnel decisions. Recently you have switched your ill-informed hatred to Brandon. Talent on this team looks to be pretty good, IMO. Coaching needs to be addressed.

Your second point is simply ridiculous, IMO, as it uses excessive hyperbole. But, if your garbageman is college educated, has a knack for PR, and is very smart and has shown he can handle part of that job, it is possible that he could do a better job than the PR person you previously had. Obviously, Brandon wasn't a garbage man, and has many of the skills to handle many of the duties of a GM. What is in question is his ability to evaluate talent. Do the Bills rely on him for that? I don't think either of us has that info...but I tend to believe that is not his primary role in this administration. With that said, while he has been in his position, the Bills brought in Mitchell, Johnson and made a real play for Gonzalez. The draft can't be termed a bust, and looks to be, at worst, decent. He didn't hire the coaches.

What has he fuc#ed so badly that he needs to be fired? Most people get fired for cause.

You need one of two things, a wife or a backbone.

:wallbash::wallbash:

So let's see, a couple of draft picks higher is going to help this team more than a win will? :lol:

Steve Johnson was a late round pick. Tom Brady was a sixth rounder. Terrell Davis was a sixth rounder and on and on.

Great players are all over the board. Two or three picks different doesn't make much, if any, difference at all. There are busts all around the first round.

A higher draft pick is the consolation for losing a game, not the reason for it.

She understands that it can wait until after the game. :worthy: or she can pick it up herself.

He needs to go into the kitchen, where she should be, and put his knee down and grab her legs and cry until she lets him watch the game! :wallbash:

You know Bill I gotta say this......

Yes I was kinda strangely upset when the bills won at the end of the game and yes I was ashamed for it after thinking that

The thing is.....our team always seems to do this....they play themselves out of any type of contention THEN they will go out and do the things that they should have been doing all along......

I dont want to cheer for this team to lose.....but for christ sake why cant they win it when it matters?

Then you're not a real Bills fan.

I remember last year when everybody here in NYC was angry when the Giants started winning after a rough start because they wanted Coughlin fired. They wanted their team to lose. Look how that turned out.

I don't think this changes anything, Brandon and Jauron should be gone, but if you weren't rooting for the Bills to win at the end, then you're not a true Bills fan.

GO BILLS!!! Great Xmas present, playoffs would have been better, but I'll take this win for the week.

I always root for the Bills to win. And I was cheering loudly today. The only difference with me is that after the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs, I don't get upset when they lose. What I loved the most about this win is that the Broncos needed it to clinch the division, and they gained over 500 freakin' yards of offense, yet still lost to the Bills who had nothing to play for but pride. That's why they play the games....as Chris Berman says.

As for your statement about Brandon & Jauron, I'd settle for just Dick being gone if Ralph & Brandon hire an experienced NFL head coach who knows what kind of team he wants.

Real Bills fans root for the team to succeed. If success can be more easily or better achieved by the Bills losing a game every once in awhile, than that's what I'll root for.

I really think that some of you superfan #99s would rather the Bills missed the playoffs than lose a game, were there ever such a scenario.

The point is, the administration will point to this win as a "fact" that Jauron can get this team to "play hard," when all the evidence of the previous 7 weeks says otherwise. It was a pyhrric victory. Nice that they won, but in the long run, most likely counter-productive.

One thing, though. Steve Johnson is the real deal, and they NEED to lock the man up.

Steve Johnson was a 7th round draft pick, wasn't he? Did he sign a one year contract or something? I am under the impression that 7th round draft picks usually sign 3 or 4 year deals at an extremely reasonable price, because they are 7th round draft picks. The kid has caught what, 15 or 20 passes with 2 TD's his rookie year, which is remarkable for a 7th rounder, don't get me wrong, but are you suggesting that Brandon renegotiate his contract this off-season or he will hold out or something??