If You're Upset the Bills Won

BillsNYC

Then you're not a real Bills fan.

I remember last year when everybody here in NYC was angry when the Giants started winning after a rough start because they wanted Coughlin fired. They wanted their team to lose. Look how that turned out.

I don't think this changes anything, Brandon and Jauron should be gone, but if you weren't rooting for the Bills to win at the end, then you're not a true Bills fan.

GO BILLS!!! Great Xmas present, playoffs would have been better, but I'll take this win for the week.

Happy they won. Still very dissappointed in the season. Looking forward to the draft. But one thing that caught my ear. On Monday Night Countdown it was revealed that this was the only win by the Bills against a team with a winning record.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you're excited about a meaningless win that does nothing but hurt the Bills' draft picks next year and possibly helps Ralph's case to save money by keeping Jauron, then you're part of the problem and not the solution.

I don't watch football to be worried about draft picks. I watch the game to see the team I root for win. The way you talk if you are out of the playoffs you might as well lose every game so you get a better pick. I'd rather see those that are on the team now play their butts off and if we win great.

To your first point: That's a reason to not hire him...it is NOT a reason to fire him. Also note that he is NOT the GM. You used to say that Jauron made all the personnel decisions. Recently you have switched your ill-informed hatred to Brandon. Talent on this team looks to be pretty good, IMO. Coaching needs to be addressed.

Your second point is simply ridiculous, IMO, as it uses excessive hyperbole. But, if your garbageman is college educated, has a knack for PR, and is very smart and has shown he can handle part of that job, it is possible that he could do a better job than the PR person you previously had. Obviously, Brandon wasn't a garbage man, and has many of the skills to handle many of the duties of a GM. What is in question is his ability to evaluate talent. Do the Bills rely on him for that? I don't think either of us has that info...but I tend to believe that is not his primary role in this administration. With that said, while he has been in his position, the Bills brought in Mitchell, Johnson and made a real play for Gonzalez. The draft can't be termed a bust, and looks to be, at worst, decent. He didn't hire the coaches.

What has he fuc#ed so badly that he needs to be fired? Most people get fired for cause.

I'm not advocating he be fired either. I would like to know why he's trusted to make decisions on things he's not qualified to decide on. His marketing genius in getting people to buy tickets to lackluster teams is admirable. But I'm suggesting it'd be prudent to have a football person make football decisions. Right now, that's not happening, unless of course DJ is the man behind the UFA acquisitions and draft. And I firmly believe that's the case.

I continue to believe RB looks at DJ for advice on personnel, which is strange considering the choices this team has made in personnel since Levy's return have been poor at best. I don't hate RB, but rather hate the idea of giving him control over an area of the football team that he has little experience. Fact is, the best teams have the best personnel men. Right now, Buffalo's top personnel man is a business/marketing guy.

Larry Felser may be a man in his seventies, but he's seen it all with this team. And his article from today clearly shows that when RW has football people in football positions, the team is generally successful. When he appoints those from outside the personnel world, he fails miserably. Count Brandon among the latter. Again, I don't hate RB, I just hate the selection of him to GM. It's little coincidence in the most highly anticipated season in a few years, that this club has gone 2-7 in their last 9, and 0-5 in division play. The more things change in Buffalo, the more they remain the same.

I can't stand when people rubber stamp failure.

I'm not advocating he be fired either. I would like to know why he's trusted to make decisions on things he's not qualified to decide on. His marketing genius in getting people to buy tickets to lackluster teams is admirable. But I'm suggesting it'd be prudent to have a football person make football decisions. Right now, that's not happening, unless of course DJ is the man behind the UFA acquisitions and draft. And I firmly believe that's the case.

I continue to believe RB looks at DJ for advice on personnel, which is strange considering the choices this team has made in personnel since Levy's return have been poor at best. I don't hate RB, but rather hate the idea of giving him control over an area of the football team that he has little experience. Fact is, the best teams have the best personnel men. Right now, Buffalo's top personnel man is a business/marketing guy.

Larry Felser may be a man in his seventies, but he's seen it all with this team. And his article from today clearly shows that when RW has football people in football positions, the team is generally successful. When he appoints those from outside the personnel world, he fails miserably. Count Brandon among the latter. Again, I don't hate RB, I just hate the selection of him to GM. It's little coincidence in the most highly anticipated season in a few years, that this club has gone 2-7 in their last 9, and 0-5 in division play. The more things change in Buffalo, the more they remain the same.

I can't stand when people rubber stamp failure.

I hear ya.

Brandon is NOT the GM, by the way. So he doesn't need to be fired as GM, as that's not his title. If the Bills decide to bring in a bone fide GM, over Brandon, Modrak Guy and the HC, fine. I'd have no problem with that. At least we would know who is making the personnel decisions (not that it is important for the fans to know that, IMO). I just don't think that's a pressing issue at the moment. Unlike you, I am actually pretty pleased with the player moves (overall) since the last "football guy", TD, left OBD.

I would hope the Bills replace Jauron with a HC with good player evaluation skills, though.

Pretty entertaining game! before the game I admit if they lost I wouldnt care cause of draft picks, but......I found myself getting into the game more and more and more, by the 4th I was my usual self, screaming my head off!

The bar I go to has a good Bills crowd...at the begining of the season, we were about 40 strong...as the losses piled up, the crowd got a little smaller each week, down to about the usual 10-15 that have been going there for years...today, though, I was shocked...there were only 6 of us. I realize it is the Christmas weekend, an people head back to WNY for the holiday...but the worst part of the whole thing, 3 of the 6 left after the first quarter...one stiffed on their tab (only 1 beer) and I paid for it...I wish they had stayed...the three of us who stayed had a good time. The fact that there was a table of 6 ultra-smug Broncos fans there, only made it that much sweeter...one actually was pissing and moaning that the refs didn't throw an interference flag on Cutlers' final play...seriously...after two big "non-calls" for face masks, and the really iffy call against Stroud that negated McKelvins' pick, I figured Bronco fans had no right to be griping about the officiating.

Anyways, nice game. Kind of fit the pattern from early in the season, when the Bills were still "good". Weak start, creep there way back in with timely defensive plays, and the offense started doing just enough to add to the win. No turnovers, and Trent finaly had a decent (not great) game in the cold. This season is over, as far as playoff hopes go, but I would always rather go out with some wins...fug where we pick in the draft...how good would it feel to knock off New England next week? I know, its' not likely to happen, but it is about the only thing left to hold on to...