Give me your plan to win the Superbowl in 2010

DIE HARD 1967

I realize this is a ridiculous plan, but I write this thread every year and you will be amazed at the responses.

Most of you will say the team simply does not have the talent, yet some team like the Giants sneak in there and win it all while the fans remain skeptical of the talent level.

2007 New York Giants fan after week #2 (link below)

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6FlcQEKKc

Open the link and get to work

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78

oh, I thought you were speaking of the 2010 season.

Immediate needs I believe are a 1A receiver, C, and a DE who will give opponents headaches.

Those three things are brought in and they stay somewhat healthy, I think they have a shot at getting on a roll. (If Edwards is really who some folks say he is.)

if youre in the Edwards is crappy fanclub, they would need a dependable, mistake free QB. Dont know who is out there

I realize this is a ridiculous plan, but I write this thread every year and you will be amazed at the responses.

Most of you will say the team simply does not have the talent, yet some team like the Giants sneak in there and win it all while the fans remain skeptical of the talent level.

new coach,a top DE, a center, a vet #2 receiver,and a first 4 games Trent.

My plan........

First and foremost, cut the dead weight on the team. Denney, Kelsay most overrated highest paid DE's in the game right now, they are not worth what they are getting. Get impact players on the DL, someone who can get to the pass rusher man to man blocking. I get tired getting to the QB with blitzes only....I wouldnt mind getting Julius Peppers on one side and either Schobel or draft Brian Orakpo. Find a way to get Albert Haynesworth via FA.....I wouldnt be opposed to going after a solid LB in the draft either.....

On offense, clearly the QB spot is till a huge question mark......well that question mark can be fixed if McNabb is on the market, if not Kurt Warner has clearly showed he can still play football and would come much at a more reasonable price, McNabb may cost us draft picks......im not a fan of that unless we could steel him away.....

Pending on the QB situatuion......will determine what type WR we need.....call me crazy but we need another skilled WR that has the ability Lee Evans has, this offense needs another WR that takes heat away from Evans, who that WR is im not 100% sure. I do see some guys that might be on the trading blocks.....Chad Johnson being one, Maybe TJ whosyourmama? Thats the type WR im speaking about, and if Anquan Boldin is out there for trade or whatever reason, GET HIM!!!!! NOWAY a defense can double cover one man if Evans & Boldin are on the field......Id also look to be drafting a TE, Chase Coffman comes to mind, but not sure where hes slated to go in the draft.....but we need that TE who can stretch the field and make big plays as well.....we dont have a TE for that......

So my theory of getting to the SB is Finding ways to get another quality DT, possibly LB, draft either LB or DE.......on offense if McNabb is out there for a reasonable deal grab him, Warner is an option, Boldin is unhappy in AZ, never know what CJ will do or TJ for that matter.......

The thing is we have the cap room to make moves like this.....the even bigger question is how to get talent here, and folks thats up to PR department to do, Russ Brandon has his handsfull.......

3 quality moves at QB, DL, WR would make this team stout, and a very well thought out plan for the draft would help.

It dont have to be the players I mentioned but they have to be the same quality players, some one whos been there done that so to speak.......

And yes........currently this team has talent to win......I do think they need a boost at certain spots to get them to the next level....They better get it and get it fast cause Tom Brady is back next year and we couldnt win or even make the playoffs without him in the division, I highly doubt we make a push with him back with the pats......unless major changes happen at those postions we are not looking good.....

I dont call it rebuilding either, I call it retooling.......

My plan........

First and foremost, cut the dead weight on the team. Denney, Kelsay most overrated highest paid DE's in the game right now, they are not worth what they are getting. Get impact players on the DL, someone who can get to the pass rusher man to man blocking. I get tired getting to the QB with blitzes only....I wouldnt mind getting Julius Peppers on one side and either Schobel or draft Brian Orakpo. Find a way to get Albert Haynesworth via FA.....I wouldnt be opposed to going after a solid LB in the draft either.....

On offense, clearly the QB spot is till a huge question mark......well that question mark can be fixed if McNabb is on the market, if not Kurt Warner has clearly showed he can still play football and would come much at a more reasonable price, McNabb may cost us draft picks......im not a fan of that unless we could steel him away.....

Pending on the QB situatuion......will determine what type WR we need.....call me crazy but we need another skilled WR that has the ability Lee Evans has, this offense needs another WR that takes heat away from Evans, who that WR is im not 100% sure. I do see some guys that might be on the trading blocks.....Chad Johnson being one, Maybe TJ whosyourmama? Thats the type WR im speaking about, and if Anquan Boldin is out there for trade or whatever reason, GET HIM!!!!! NOWAY a defense can double cover one man if Evans & Boldin are on the field......Id also look to be drafting a TE, Chase Coffman comes to mind, but not sure where hes slated to go in the draft.....but we need that TE who can stretch the field and make big plays as well.....we dont have a TE for that......

So my theory of getting to the SB is Finding ways to get another quality DT, possibly LB, draft either LB or DE.......on offense if McNabb is out there for a reasonable deal grab him, Warner is an option, Boldin is unhappy in AZ, never know what CJ will do or TJ for that matter.......

The thing is we have the cap room to make moves like this.....the even bigger question is how to get talent here, and folks thats up to PR department to do, Russ Brandon has his handsfull.......

3 quality moves at QB, DL, WR would make this team stout, and a very well thought out plan for the draft would help.

It dont have to be the players I mentioned but they have to be the same quality players, some one whos been there done that so to speak.......

And yes........currently this team has talent to win......I do think they need a boost at certain spots to get them to the next level....They better get it and get it fast cause Tom Brady is back next year and we couldnt win or even make the playoffs without him in the division, I highly doubt we make a push with him back with the pats......unless major changes happen at those postions we are not looking good.....

I dont call it rebuilding either, I call it retooling.......

Great if it could happen...but...

Warner - 0% chance he plays anywhere other than AZ and already has said IF he plays next year it will ONLY be in AZ. So he retires or stays there.

Peppers - 95% chance he resigns in Carolina, and if not, teams more attractive than us will be offering as much money if not more, so odds of him landing here are .01%

Haynesworth - See Peppers above (although, he may be more likely than Peppers to leave his team, but not by much)

McNabb - Love this idea, and he very well could be obtainable and woudl be a great fit, however, if he leads the Eagles to the playoffs this year, especially deep, then I just dont think Philly moves him and turns their focus on acquiring Boldin or Housh.

Boldin - Stays in AZ or goes to Philly who has major interest in him.

Housh - Used to a smaller market and the cold, may see potential here, and if Philly was to land Boldin we might have a better shot at landing this guy. Any available WR I think chooses Philly and playing with McNabb and Westbrook first before considering us, so if Housh signs in Philly then maybe we have shot at Boldin.

We dont need DT, we need DE. Stroud and Co. were much better with Schobel in the game. We need help at DE and LB and you will see we have a pretty darn good interior line. LB and DE play are major factors in what the interior line can do. This is not a need for us.

Draft a Defensive End or Linebacker

Get a Defensive Tackle and either a defensive end or linebacker (depending on who you drafted) in Free Agency.

Get a Garcia or other QB in free agency (although i think we have to count on TE if we are going to win in 2010).

Get a new offensive co-ordinator (assuming we HAVE to keep Jauron.

Cross our fingers.

The Bills, as currently owned, organized and located, have no shot at ever going back to the Super Bowl in any year. The best coaches/players have better living options than Buffalo at the same or usually better $$ and the ownership situation is too unpredictable for the best GMs/Coaches to take a chance on ralph dying next week. So your left with mostly 2nd tier coaching and talent and are doomed to the bottom half of the league indefinately. The Jim McNallys of the world are very rare (ie top tier coaches who actually WANT to be in buffalo) . Pretty simple stuff. Where would you rather be in today's rock star NFL? Dallas, Miami, Charlotte, Jax, L.A. or freeze-your-butt-off buffalo? Geez...

The Bills, as currently owned, organized and located, have no shot at ever going back to the Super Bowl in any year. The best coaches/players have better living options than Buffalo at the same or usually better $$ and the ownership situation is too unpredictable for the best GMs/Coaches to take a chance on ralph dying next week. So your left with mostly 2nd tier coaching and talent and are doomed to the bottom half of the league indefinately. The Jim McNallys of the world are very rare (ie top tier coaches who actually WANT to be in buffalo) . Pretty simple stuff. Where would you rather be in today's rock star NFL? Dallas, Miami, Charlotte, Jax, L.A. or freeze-your-butt-off buffalo? Geez...

I agree with you.

It needs to be a priority to win it all.

Great if it could happen...but...

Warner - 0% chance he plays anywhere other than AZ and already has said IF he plays next year it will ONLY be in AZ. So he retires or stays there.

Peppers - 95% chance he resigns in Carolina, and if not, teams more attractive than us will be offering as much money if not more, so odds of him landing here are .01%

Haynesworth - See Peppers above (although, he may be more likely than Peppers to leave his team, but not by much)

McNabb - Love this idea, and he very well could be obtainable and woudl be a great fit, however, if he leads the Eagles to the playoffs this year, especially deep, then I just dont think Philly moves him and turns their focus on acquiring Boldin or Housh.

Boldin - Stays in AZ or goes to Philly who has major interest in him.

Housh - Used to a smaller market and the cold, may see potential here, and if Philly was to land Boldin we might have a better shot at landing this guy. Any available WR I think chooses Philly and playing with McNabb and Westbrook first before considering us, so if Housh signs in Philly then maybe we have shot at Boldin.

We dont need DT, we need DE. Stroud and Co. were much better with Schobel in the game. We need help at DE and LB and you will see we have a pretty darn good interior line. LB and DE play are major factors in what the interior line can do. This is not a need for us.

MONEY TALKS and you know it!

A DT like Haynesworth pairing with Stroud, easily has the potential to make us a top 5 defense. Those 2 would only make the DE's better....

I agree DE & LB needs upgrades, so does WR........

But MONEY TALKS.....

MONEY TALKS and you know it!

A DT like Haynesworth pairing with Stroud, easily has the potential to make us a top 5 defense. Those 2 would only make the DE's better....

I agree DE & LB needs upgrades, so does WR........

But MONEY TALKS.....

Yes money does talk, but thats irrelevant if everyone is offering the same amount of money, or even more. Then it comes down to where do you want to play. I do agree that playing next to Stroud may seem attractive to Haynesworth, but will that be enough to lure him here (assuming we even make him a big offer)? Who knows...I doubt we will be the most attractive place for him to play and that we will be the highest bidder.

I like Johnson and the coaching staff still (so they have said at least) is really high on Hardy and believe he is going to be an impact player. I would like to believe they know more about him than we do, so I say give it one more season to see how these two develop.

Better QB play will make our WR's better...so I dont think WR is as big a need as some others...that being said, I would LOVE to get Boldin or Housh still as they are bonafied eltie WR's...but I still think some other areas are a more pressing need. If we have to choose between an Elite WR or Elite DE, LB, or QB then I go with one of the other 3 hands down.

Hope these guys make a significant leap.

TE-Improved QB play

Fine-Improved production at TE

Hardy- Solid WR core

Preston- Improves OL

Poz/Simpson/McKelvin- potential impact players

One free agent starter and one rookie draft pick who is a full time starter from day one. (One of these should replace Ellison)

No injuries and a few breaks. Hey, it could happen. :rolleyes:

Are you saying the Giants had no talent????? B-) Besides the the fact that the giants had some talen but question marks at the QB position they also had an experoienced headcoah who has a good playoff history. Oh wait thats what we are lacking the experienced coach unless thats change no chance of a superbowl or even a playoff spot next year sorry. :rolleyes:

Hope these guys make a significant leap.

TE-Improved QB play

Fine-Improved production at TE

Hardy- Solid WR core

Preston- Improves OL

Poz/Simpson/McKelvin- potential impact players

One free agent starter and one rookie draft pick who is a full time starter from day one. (One of these should replace Ellison)

No injuries and a few breaks. Hey, it could happen. :rolleyes:

Here this will help you keep billieving that with Jauron still at the helm B-)

here is how we do it (and unless it's cowher or someone like that, i think a change in coaching would set us back more than it helps year 1).

1. first and foremost we need a play maker on O. any big time WR will do, but i think kellen winslow jr would be the best guy for us. that would give us a solid line, young qb improving steadily, and a stud wr, rb, and te. that's championship right there. boldin or someone might be just as good, but i like winslow.

2. pass rush. our secondary is getting v good, and we have solid players (our hated DEs and DTs can play, we just need that one stud on D to put us over the top). i really don't think we can draft a kid who can be that guy year one. i hope ellis comes on, but i don't think he will. i think we need to go out and sight haynesworth or peppers. someone else out there might be ready to step up, but i think peppers williams stroud and aaron would just destroy the passing teams in the afc east.

3. linebacker/front 7 playmaker. i think with our line and qb coming up, and adding a top flight vet playmaker in point 1 we will have our O ready to go even tho it is way worse than any other unit at the moment. adding players to the d always makes a faster impact than to the o, so i think we need 2 new studs on d. i think (that kid from wake for example) there are a few LBs coming out in the draft that would just add a ton to our d in all situations. mitchell is good at times, but can't be our greatest playmaker in the front 7. ellison just isn't a sterter. poz to me is disappointing and perhaps he would be better on the outside, so i think drafting a stud LB either inside our strong side will be our best result. we are actually very good as a d at putting teams in 3rd and long situations, that athletic lb who can make the qb hold the ball that extra half second along with another passrusher on the edge would set up plenty of sacks and fumbles.

4. interior blocking. i think a c or perhaps a G would be the solution to our O line. maybe a C is there in the 2nd round, or we sign a vet. we just need another guy there, i don't think he has to be a super star.

5. depth. we have to get some kids in the draft as well as a vet or two to shore up our safety, lb, OL and WR/TE positions.

*** if we make at least 3 of the above adjustments, i think bringing in mcnabb (if trent doesn't just get consistent and stay that way) might be that last bit to push us over the top. with a good running threat in lynch and a line that has shown pass blocking to be its strength, mcnabb could put evans/reed/young guy stepping up/ and winslow into pro bowl territory. if we get those 2 td leads that philly often gets, with our new passrusher and running game we would have enough games sewed up in the 3rd to go 13 wins and get home field to the super bowl. and you know no body but no body would be coming into to buff w home field in the playoffs and winning.

new coach,a top DE, a center, a vet #2 receiver,and a first 4 games Trent.

Like he says, but with a real GM (lose both Guy and Modrack).

We will never win with Jauron's brainlocks on game days.

Julius Peppers would be nice, but faili that dream, a top college rusher.

Yes money does talk, but thats irrelevant if everyone is offering the same amount of money, or even more. Then it comes down to where do you want to play. I do agree that playing next to Stroud may seem attractive to Haynesworth, but will that be enough to lure him here (assuming we even make him a big offer)? Who knows...I doubt we will be the most attractive place for him to play and that we will be the highest bidder.

I think maybe. Stroud seems to really like Buffalo and like playing for us fans. He could be a good ambassador to signing a guy like Haynesworth.

heres my plan....and this is if money was no object and I was GM

1- get T.J. Houshmandzadeh...WR corp would be in order ( Evans, Houshmandzadeh, Reed, Johnson, Parrish, Hardy)

2- get Albert Haynesworth...Stroud and Haynesworth back together again...rotate Williams and rookie DT

3- draft Michael Johnson or Greg Hardy (DE) start him right away opposite Schobel...Kelsay and Denney as rotational backups

4- draft Johnathan Luigs © and start him right away...let Fowler go and keep Preston as backup

5- sit down with Dick and show him where he screwed up with bad time-outs, bad challenges and bad playcalling...explain to him that all needs to get better or hes gone.

to tired to think of anything else now...

heres my plan....and this is if money was no object and I was GM

1- get T.J. Houshmandzadeh...WR corp would be in order ( Evans, Houshmandzadeh, Reed, Johnson, Parrish, Hardy)

2- get Albert Haynesworth...Stroud and Haynesworth back together again...rotate Williams and rookie DT

3- draft Michael Johnson or Greg Hardy (DE) start him right away opposite Schobel...Kelsay and Denney as rotational backups

4- draft Johnathan Luigs © and start him right away...let Fowler go and keep Preston as backup

5- sit down with Dick and show him where he screwed up with bad time-outs, bad challenges and bad playcalling...explain to him that all needs to get better or hes gone.

to tired to think of anything else now...

starting this many rookies will help the team in the long run but starting them right will probably be a small step backwards.

I think maybe. Stroud seems to really like Buffalo and like playing for us fans. He could be a good ambassador to signing a guy like Haynesworth.

Stroud is our best shot at getting him, no doubt. Just hope its enough...someone get Stroud the phone number to Haynesworth now...

Lol

starting this many rookies will help the team in the long run but starting them right will probably be a small step backwards.

thats only 2 rookies..and in spots we need desperate upgrades...no way I see this as a step backwards...you honestly think Kelsay / Denney is doing any better then a top 10 rookie would do?...maybe C might take 4-6 games before rookie starts there, but I think Mack or Luigs could start from day 1 and be ok.

A 31 team aircraft disaster is both cruel and insensitive :wallbash:

Would need to be 30 as we have to play someone .. however in the spirit of the thread ... would prefer that it is Detroit and that the flu takes out 3/4th's of their starters plus their kicker. Of course we are speaking about the Bills so I am not so sure that we still would not find some assinine way to lose.

Heres the draft.

Round 1.- OLB . Arron Curry. A member of the 2008 All-ACC First Team, Aaron Curry collected 101 tackles, 15 TFL and 2.5 sacks as a senior. He's easily the top-rated outside linebacker in this class.

Round 2. TE Chase Coffman. He caught 79 passes for 873 yards with an average of 11 yards per reception and nine touchdowns. His longest catch was 48 yards.

Round 3. C Antonie Caldwell. One of the best linemen in the nation with agility, foot-speed and the flexibility to play several positions ... a team leader and one of the team's best pro prospects on the offensive line, has started games at center, guard and tackle during his three-year career.

Round 4. DE Matt Shaughnessy has three sacks and six TFL. 2007: A full-time starter as a sophomore, Matt Shaughnessy had four sacks in 2006. Yet another pure pass-rusher in this class, Shaughnessy is a high-character player that coaches love to have.

Not sure if he is still availible, he may have re-signed with the Ravens or will be fran'd, but Suggs, then convince him that he will do what is best for him and put his hand down and play RE.

Sign Mike Peterson, sure he's older, but we lack aged good players that can have an impact, injuries and issues with head coach del rio make him a rather cheap addition. He could be placed at any LB position.

Sign Brian Dawkins, he is still one of the very best FS in the game, If we are going to make a giant leap into the playoffs we are going to have to take on some older players, worked for the pats, jets (maybe) and other teams that take these chances.

then the question remains, are we going to stick it out with Edwards? Scenrio-I feel that if Bradford or Stafford are there where we pick we have to take them, however that would mean they would have to get past Detroit, Seattle, St Louis, KC and the 49ers, all which could use a new QB. So lets stick with Edwards here.

1-Brian Orakpo or Michael Johnson, both potential could play LE or be rotated in.

2-Chase Coffman-I think he is going to be a great TE in the NFL, a Dallas clark/Todd heap (when healthy) type a smart chain mover.

2b-after trading a 3rd (2009) and next years 2nd we draft Terrence Cody, a sprained MCL or ACL (not sure which) may make him fall, also a 5.5 40 will not help, but he is a Ted washington/Shaun Rogers like player. 6'5 and weighing somewhere near 375, he paired with Stroud, Suggs and Orakpo or Johnson could make for an interesting line.

3b-after trading Aaron Schobel for a third-IMHO there are 5 Centers in this draft better than Fowler and Preston, Jeff Byers is one of them, on the smaller side sure, but he could be a huge steal, at one time he was considered one of the potential best linemen in USC history, injuries have taken that honor away, he has been pretty healthy so far this year and could be had here.

4th-Curtis Painter-Purdue product, has had a very good career. Has played in cold weather, and since Losman is gone, we need a 2nd or 3rd stringer, here is someone that could potential start one day.

5th-Jorvorskie Lane FB/short yardage spec 6' 285-could be a thunder to Lynch and Jackson's lightning

6-Cedric Dockery-brother is Derrick Dockery, could be a good back up

7-who cares

sure its far fetched