The Play Call - Unbelievable!

All_Pro_Bills

So you don't think a 5th year QB should be responsible for making decisions to hold on to a lead? The extent morons will go to make excuses for Losman is astounding.

And right on cue, here comes Dicky J's white knight Todd, excusing the coaching staff yet again...

Why don't you just come out and tell us your last name is Jauron already? It's sad the lengths YOU go to defend this retarded coaching staff.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team will be in LA in less than 5 years. I hate to say it, but the writing is on the wall.

you know what's funny?

I was watching that L.A. Ink reality show, you know the one with the girls that tattoo. Well one of the clients comes in for a tattoo and he happens to be an architect and he's the one who designed the new basketball arena in L.A.. So the girl tattooing him asks if he's working anymore sports stadiums and he replies "yes I'm currently designing a NEW NFL STADIUM FOR L.A."

interesting huh?

JP was looking at add to his 'highlight reel' for the offseason...

I don't agree with the play call for several reasons.

1. JP Losman is an awful player and for no reason should have the game resting in his hands.

2. Lynch and Jackson have been busting up that 4th ranked run defense all game... why go away from it?

3. Assuming that Losman does read that nobody is open and throws it away... if it's before the 2 minute warning we have to run another play before it... and if they stop us one more time they have the ball with just under 2 minutes left and 2 time outs. Yeah, there are a lot of "if's" with number 3, but with the way our season has been going can you fault me for that?

This is just another situation where Turk has proved he is in his first (and hopefully last) year as OC.

1. JP Losman is an awful player and for no reason should have the game resting in his hands.

2. Lynch and Jackson have been busting up that 4th ranked run defense all game... why go away from it?

3. Assuming that Losman does read that nobody is open and throws it away... if it's before the 2 minute warning we have to run another play before it... and if they stop us one more time they have the ball with just under 2 minutes left and 2 time outs. Yeah, there are a lot of "if's" with number 3, but with the way our season has been going can you fault me for that?

This is just another situation where Turk has proved he is in his first (and hopefully last) year as OC.

Except that Dickie just protected him from that by claiming he called that play, and HE's safe because his extension just went through. This is a massacre of the Bills, orchestrated by Alzheimer Ralph...

But hey, taterhill said we could all tailgate with him and his wife, Muffy, next season. Weenies for everyone!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Precisely why you do what 90% of the teams in the league would do right there.... run the damn ball.

I swear, our coaches have no situational awareness whatsoever. In so many situations a roll out after 2 or 3 runs is a decent idea. With 2 minutes left, deep in your own end, protecting the lead... it's one of the worst calls to make.

I actually liked the play-call. It was right before the 2 minute warning so an incompletion is the same as a running play. They were going for the win for once. I only fault the coaches for still having Losman on the roster.

But an incompletion isn't the same as a running play, because a running play would liked have gained several yards, either gaining a first or leaving a much shorter 3d down play.

Had Losman shown any ability to throw the ball accurately, I might agree with you, but he was TERRIBLE. His short passes were consistently off target all day. Even a wide open receiver five yards downfield would have been a 50/50 shot at best.

WHAT? Why not just run again, and get another 5 yards? The Jet's defensive line was DONE, and the Bills were blowing them off the line. Why try something like that? It makes NO sense, IMO.

They were throwing a bone to JPL... To prove what he has. Obviuosly he is a phuck up...

NEWSFLASH: They ran his fumble back for the winning TD... :angry::(

Read my last post... Why coddle him?... They called the pass play... JPL could have took off from the get go. If anybody picks him up, they have to be really screwed up in the head.

There is no excuse for any other team when they get this lemon... They seen him preform...

NEWFLASH: The Bills were out of the playoffs even before the game.

At least DJ is an honest salesman... The Bills gave him every chance. Run into the line and hide him for a meaningless game. It is like getting the old car to the lot and not telling the new buyer anything.

Call it strange... But, the Bills were fair with JPL... He killed himself.

Running backs are unstopable so what do you call? A play action pass. Sure Losman coughed up the ball but he should never have been put into that postion. Great call.

Is Raplh laughing now? Because I am not.....

Unbelievable, I could not believe what I was seeing.

Wrong. Even a passing play would take enough time to take it to the two-minute warning, just as much as a running play would. So there is absolutely no time penalty for trying a roll out in that situation.

All you are depending on your QB to do is maintain ball possession. JP had done that in sterling fashion on the previous drive, where he complete four passes in a row to get the Bills down to where Marshawn and Jackson could run it in.

I think the call was all right, in the situation. It's an aggressive call, with a high upside, and not much chance of a downside unless your QB screws up.

Which he did. I can't blame the Bills coaches to playing to win the game.

Wrong. Even a passing play would take enough time to take it to the two-minute warning, just as much as a running play would. So there is absolutely no time penalty for trying a roll out in that situation.

All you are depending on your QB to do is maintain ball possession. JP had done that in sterling fashion on the previous drive, where he complete four passes in a row to get the Bills down to where Marshawn and Jackson could run it in.

I think the call was all right, in the situation. It's an aggressive call, with a high upside, and not much chance of a downside unless your QB screws up.

Amen Doc!

They were throwing a bone to JPL... To prove what he has. Obviuosly he is a phuck up...

NEWSFLASH: They ran his fumble back for the winning TD... :angry::(

Read my last post... Why coddle him?... They called the pass play... JPL could have took off from the get go. If anybody picks him up, they have to be really screwed up in the head.

There is no excuse for any other team when they get this lemon... They seen him preform...

NEWFLASH: The Bills were out of the playoffs even before the game.

At least DJ is an honest salesman... The Bills gave him every chance. Run into the line and hide him for a meaningless game. It is like getting the old car to the lot and not telling the new buyer anything.

Call it strange... But, the Bills were fair with JPL... He killed himself.

I wouldn't call that play with Brady or Manning on the field. It is simply a stupid call. I wouldn't "coddle" JP...I would just call a play that helps the team win the game. Clearly JP made a bad play, and is responsible for that.

The call is indefensible, though. If you are suggesting they called that play to "help" JP, I can't believe that was in their heads, at all. If they did, they should be fired for that, too.

That is the problem with the call....don't put JP in that situation. He is just waiting to f*ck things up.

I agree, it was the absolutely the wrong call. Don't put the game in the backup QB's hands! The RB's were killing that Jets defense and they call a pass play on 2nd and 5 when all they wanna do is run out the clock.

The Bills had FINALLY run the ball on third and one and got the first down with 2:20 to play,first play a 5 yard run and on second and 5 ...play fake and #71 wiffs on his block, JP rolls to thow...OH NO! Leave it to the Bills OC to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory!

Turd 'shotgun' Schonert strikes again :angry:

JP Losman is absolutely a wretched disgusting terrible quarterback. But, I do not comprehend why a majority of you have to place the blame squarely on either him or the coaching. I believe the play call was abominable. Here's the previous 6 plays, all runs:

2nd-2, NYJ20 6:27 M. Lynch rushed to the left for 9 yard gain

1st-10, NYJ11 5:30 F. Jackson rushed to the left for 11 yard touchdown. R. Lindell made PAT

1st-10, BUF10 4:20 M. Lynch rushed to the left for 4 yard gain

2nd-6, BUF14 3:35 M. Lynch rushed to the left for 5 yard gain

3rd-1, BUF19 2:53 M. Lynch rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

1st-10, BUF22 2:11 M. Lynch rushed to the left for 5 yard gain

Now, I understand that the Jets are looking to stop the run here, but they were also looking to stop the run the previous 6 plays, and our line was pushing them around enough to create the situation we were in. I guess a play action pass may be tempting to some....but why? WHY? Why would you take the ball out of the hands of a guy who is dominating the game. To put it into the hands of someone who wont be in the league next year?

I'm sorry, but imo, anyone who can agree with this playcall has very little in the way of mental capabilities.

You might be right if:

The defense was doing ANYTHING to stop the run. They weren't.

JP was good at hanging onto the ball when he gets hit. For the past two games, he hasn't been.

A play with a big "upside" was necessary. It wasn't.

It was SECOND down and five. There is no reason to think they wouldn't get the first on the ground, the way they were playing. One of the reasons you pound the ball inside, is to reap the reward in the 4th Quarter. The Bills did that, and they had softened up the D. 4-5 yards a run, was a given. Why put in all the work, and then decide not to collect on the rewards of that work?

We usually agree, Doc, but not today. Smash-mouth was the order of the day, and the Bills decided to go "cute", with a shaky QB, in a situation where there was really no upside.

You might be right if:

JP was good at hanging onto the ball when he gets hit. For the past two games, he hasn't been.

It was SECOND down and five. There is no reason to think they wouldn't get the first on the ground, the way they were playing. One of the reasons you pound the ball inside, is to reap the reward in the 4th Quarter. The Bills did that, and they had softened up the D. 4-5 yards a run, was a given. Why put in all the work, and then decide not to collect on the rewards of that work?

We usually agree, Doc, but not today. Smash-mouth was the order of the day, and the Bills decided to go "cute", with a shaky QB, in a situation where there was really no upside.

I would probably have called a run in that situation. But I don't think the call was as boneheaded as the result would have us feel. Such a pass play is almost equivalent to a run, if the QB has any brains.

Ah--I get it now! You win.

So because Losman had one decent drive, we go away from what's working the entire game and on this possession? I don't buy it. I agree that it is situational coaching, but this situation has JP Losman. He has proven time and again that he can't maintain ball possession consistently. Not only that, but even on that 'sterling' drive of his he still wasn't consistent with the short pass. If they were really playing to win the game, Losman would have taken a step back and given the ball to Lynch. Maybe you can explain where your faith in JP is coming from and why you think he could have done anything different from what he usually does at the end of a game. He either takes a sack, fumbles, or throws a pick. That is JP Losman. He has never proven he will do more than that.

You might be right if:

Exactly.

So because Losman had one decent drive, we go away from what's working the entire game and on this possession? I don't buy it. I agree that it is situational coaching, but this situation has JP Losman. He has proven time and again that he can't maintain ball possession consistently. Not only that, but even on that 'sterling' drive of his he still wasn't consistent with the short pass. If they were really playing to win the game, Losman would have taken a step back and given the ball to Lynch. Maybe you can explain where your faith in JP is coming from and why you think he could have done anything different from what he usually does at the end of a game. He either takes a sack, fumbles, or throws a pick. That is JP Losman. He has never proven he will do more than that.

I don't have any faith in JP Losman. You're right, I'm wrong.

I don't have any faith in JP Losman. You're right, I'm wrong.

To be clear, I don't think that would have been a good call with Edwards in the game, either. But it is a far worse one, with JP.

WHAT? Why not just run again, and get another 5 yards? The Jet's defensive line was DONE, and the Bills were blowing them off the line. Why try something like that? It makes NO sense, IMO.

Not just your opinion; There was no reason for that call, WHATSOEVER!!! You have be a complete dick to call it and whoever did call it shows they have a moron class understanding of what plays to call in the context of the game. That only narrows it down to two.

Sorry to be a dick but all of you who think it was an ok play call are f'n retards. How in the world do you make that call when Marshawn has been a beast all day. Yeah in a goal line situation or 3rd and short earlier in the game I could see it. No excuse for that when there is ~2min left, you're in the driver's seat and its deep in your territory. Mind-boggling f'ing stupid.

To the retards that agree it was a good play call :angry:

WORST PLAY CALL EVER!!!

IF the Bills had run the next two plays and NOT made the first down and punted I doubt the Jets could have won that game.Thanks for the better draft pick coaches. :(

Guest dog14787
You might be right if:

I was all for just waiting until the off season before anybody got canned, but after that brilliant call I'm not so sure. Why try to get cute, it was one of the worst coaching blunders I have ever seen. :angry:

To the retards that agree it was a good play call :angry:

WORST PLAY CALL EVER!!!

IF the Bills had run the next two plays and NOT made the first down and punted I doubt the Jets could have won that game.Thanks for the better draft pick coaches. :(

Jeff Fisher made a pretty bad call at the end of the Titans-Detroit game. But, as they have already wrapped up a playoff spot, it doesn't have a big impact.

This is not defending Losman. He should've thrown that ball into the stands.

But did anything go right on that play? Did anybody execute that cluster well? The head coach overrules the OC and dials up his own play. Blocks were blown. Nobody got open. Losman blew it. Nobody tackled the defender. The ball took an immaculate hop back into his arms.

It was like a Hollywood script of fuggeduptitude. Classic Buffalo Bills "football".

To be clear, I don't think that would have been a good call with Edwards in the game, either. But it is a far worse one, with JP.

It's a bad call with Payton Manning at QB. But with a guy who has been inaccurate ALL DAY throwing short passes it is borderline insane.

Really, if Dick Jauron was arrested in an NFL betting scandal and accused of throwing games, would anyone here be surprised?

Running backs are unstopable so what do you call? A play action pass. Sure Losman coughed up the ball but he should never have been put into that postion. Great call.

Is Raplh laughing now? Because I am not.....

The only thing wrong with that play call was that it reflected confidence in Losman.

The staff has to know they have a guy back there who's a sack and TO machine, and call plays in light of that reality.

This is not defending Losman. He should've thrown that ball into the stands.

But did anything go right on that play? Did anybody execute that cluster well? The head coach overrules the OC and dials up his own play. Blocks were blown. Nobody got open. Losman blew it. Nobody tackled the defender. The ball took an immaculate hop back into his arms.

It was like a Hollywood script of fuggeduptitude. Classic Buffalo Bills "football".

That is well put. I am puzzled that people want to say that it is either a bad call or a bad play by JP. It's a breath mint, it's a candy mint... it's a bit of both....

Maybe one of those teams will take LP from our hands. It is the coaching when you call a play he cannot make 90% of the time.

No. Dick washed his hands of JPL and probably for all the world to see against a playoff caliber team... No self-respecting team can blame Dick Jauron if they pick up JPL... Dick showed any prespective owner what they are getting.

Maybe DJ is too honest... He should have just won the game, buried the ball into the line and let the D finish it (if that was really up there on the "trying to get it done list." :angry: )...

I actually commend the coaching staff... JPL is a lemon and showed it. They were honest with themselves and others inthe league... Now JPL has to man-up and be honest with himself.

I know I wouldn't foist off a car or house without disclosing a major defect. The luxury that DJ had was that the Bills were OUT of the playoff hunt so I really can't be 100% sure of DJ'c character... Now if he pulled this during the playoff hunt, it might be tempting for DJ to have his character slip and do what ever it too to win, mask JPL's problem, or whatever.

Just admit it JPL, you were given a golden chance to lead and you followed like a sheep. Maybe that is what NFL's want. IMO, I wouldn't want it... But that is me.

/rant... My 2 cents.

No. Dick washed his hands of JPL and probably for all the world to see against a playoff caliber team... No self-respecting team can blame Dick Jauron if they pick up JPL... Dick showed any prespective owner what they are getting.

Maybe DJ is too honest... He should have just won the game, buried the ball into the line and let the D finish it (if that was really up there on the "trying to get it done list." <_< )...

I actually commend the coaching staff... JPL is a lemon and showed it. They were honest with themselves and others inthe league... Now JPL has to man-up and be honest with himself.

I know I wouldn't foist off a car or house without disclosing a major defect. The luxury that DJ had was that the Bills were OUT of the playoff hunt so I really can't be 100% sure of DJ'c character... Now if he pulled this during the playoff hunt, it might be tempting for DJ to have his character slip and do what ever it too to win, mask JPL's problem, or whatever.

Just admit it JPL, you were given a golden chance to lead and you followed like a sheep. Maybe that is what NFL's want. IMO, I wouldn't want it... But that is me.

/rant... My 2 cents.

Are you saying that Dick threw his other 52 players and staff under the bus so that he could guarantee ruin on Losman's career?

That is well put. I am puzzled that people want to say that it is either a bad call or a bad play by JP. It's a breath mint, it's a candy mint... it's a bit of both....

Under the circumstances it was an insanely bad call. If you don't see that, you just flunked Football 101. It's really scary to have a HC that flunks the same test.

Are you saying that Dick threw his other 52 players under the bus so that he could ruin Losman's career?

Seems like that is what he's saying, which has to be total nonsense. Does anyone really think DJ was thinking of JP's future, on that call? Seriously?

I agree: There was no time benefit as a run or pass were going to get the clock to 2 mins. A roll out is a really safe play there, unless you have a brain dead moron at QB, which we do. And did you notice that, EVEN AFTER JP CAN FEEL the defenders hands on him, he puts both hands on the ball, AND STILL ALLOWS THE BALL TO GET AWAY!! I've TIVO'ed it several times: Even after the guy has him, he STILL has a chance to protect the ball, but just doesn't. This guy is maddeningly horrible as a QB. He lost the game today. Period.

So let me get this straight- it was a bad play call because the coach should have KNOWN that JP would get sacked, fumble, let a fumble go the other way for the game winning touchdown?

In the context of the game, it was a fine play call. But to say that the coach's should have been certain of the extent to which Losman screwed that pooch is an intolerable displacement of blame!

Which one is it folks? Make the play calls within your QB's complete lack of capability? Or call to win the game?

Some people can't be satisfied, I swear!

So let me get this straight- it was a bad play call because the coach should have KNOWN that JP would get sacked, fumble, let a fumble go the other way for the game winning touchdown?

In the context of the game, it was a fine play call. But to say that the coach's should have been certain of the extent to which Losman screwed that pooch is an intolerable displacement of blame!

Which one is it folks? Make the play calls within your QB's complete lack of capability? Or call to win the game?

It was a bad play because there was no need to pass when the Jets could not stop the run. That too complex for you?

Lynch is averaging 4+ yards per carry. It's 2nd and 5. There's 2 minutes left in the game. We're deep on our side of the field with a narrow lead. The play call is a no brainer. Run the ball 2 more times. Best case we get the first down; worst case we punt with under 1:20 on the clock. This is football 101, especially considering how well Lynch was running the ball.