Interesting - Trent and Schonert not seeing eye to eye...

Heitz

Vic said that Trent has confided to team members that he and Turk just aren't seeing the same things on the field and that he doesn't feel like he's getting all the help and guidance that he needs to be successful.

Vic also said that Turk and Van Pelt are a little upset at Trent because some of the things they're putting into the game isn't being executed.

I'm sure we'll hear more on this as the year draws to a close...

Vic said that Trent has confided to team members that he and Turk just aren't seeing the same things on the field and that he doesn't feel like he's getting all the help and guidance that he needs to be successful.

Vic also said that Turk and Van Pelt are a little upset at Trent because some of the things they're putting into the game isn't being executed.

I'm sure we'll hear more on this as the year draws to a close...

While speculative, this makes sense. I hope Turk and AVP go after the season. They coached JP into the ground and now they are doing the same with TE.

I don't know how we'll figure out if it's Trent or Turk...

If they're sending in plays based on flawed assumptions, how can they expect Trent to execute? Clearly JP can run it either, but again is it the system or him? With JP, most likely him! Seriously I would love to see Hadman in this O too, just to see if it looks as crappy with him at the helm.

I don't think Trent is experienced enough to override his coordinator and QB coach. He should shutup and listen to them for now. If those ideas fail it shouldn't be on him but when he doesn't execute the plays they send in then it is on him.

Did anyone else notice his slump coincided with all the attention he started to get in the media? I think it's possible his head grew bigger than his helmet.

I don't think Trent is experienced enough to override his coordinator and QB coach. He should shutup and listen to them for now. If those ideas fail it shouldn't be on him but when he doesn't execute the plays they send in then it is on him.

Did anyone else notice his slump coincided with all the attention he started to get in the media? I think it's possible his head grew bigger than his helmet.

Slide started when defenses figured out when you take away the underneath routes that Trent can't play. Rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 into coverage and TE has looked like a dear in headlights. He also seems totally lost against 3-4 defenses.

Slide started when defenses figured out when you take away the underneath routes that Trent can't play. Rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 into coverage and TE has looked like a dear in headlights. He also seems totally lost against 3-4 defenses.

Which to me raises the question - is it just that Trent can't read coverage, or that Turk is putting the receivers in such bad positions that Trent really doesn't have a chance on the play?

i dont think the problem is Trent "not listening" to his coaches. I think the point of Vic/Trent's statement is that they are not providing him with the tutelage needed to grow and further his career.

it sounds more like he is saying "i need some REAL help here" and in return he is getting "well, just shut up and run the plays we call". developing an NFL QB is a long and tricky process. one that im not sure Turk and AVP are up to. how well was AVP developed? how well did he develop himself? you have to think that there are some things missing from AVP's "expertise". he might be a good x's and o's guy, or be able to tell you where the open guy "should be" on that play while its on paper, but bringing along the skills needed to EXECUTE is a whole other story.

The common denominator to all of this is that nothing will change until Ralph Wilson dies. The Bills will continue to hire bargain-basement coaches and front office staff, and will continue to get bargain-basement results. We got lucky in the Kelly years because we had Bill Polian and Marv Levy. But before and since, its been a revolving door of amateurs.

The result is a club with absolutely no identity that has not sniffed a playoff spot in years.

I believe teams are truly a reflection of the personality of their head coaches. The current Bills, like their head coach, are bland and boring.

We need to bring in someone with a track record of success, which means actually spending some money. I would hire Bill Cowher as director of football operations, and allow him to pick his own head coach and coaching staff. This would finally give this sorry a$$ club the identity we have sorely lacked since the Super Bowl years.

Unfortunately, there is no chance of this happening until Ralph Wilson passes on.

i dont think the problem is Trent "not listening" to his coaches. I think the point of Vic/Trent's statement is that they are not providing him with the tutelage needed to grow and further his career.

it sounds more like he is saying "i need some REAL help here" and in return he is getting "well, just shut up and run the plays we call". developing an NFL QB is a long and tricky process. one that im not sure Turk and AVP are up to. how well was AVP developed? how well did he develop himself? you have to think that there are some things missing from AVP's "expertise". he might be a good x's and o's guy, or be able to tell you where the open guy "should be" on that play while its on paper, but bringing along the skills needed to EXECUTE is a whole other story.

It's up to TS and AVP to make this work. Is TE skilled and is it bad coaching? This is AVP's first attempt at QB coaching....I think it's a combination of bad coaching and poor depth....Still can't figure why JP is still on the team, would have loved to see an older, "fatherly" vet come in to help him and give us a shot to win when TE gets hurt....Don't think GH can fill the bill here....

I don't like Trent. <_<

Its gotta be the coaching. Trents best drive of his career, was the first drive of his career. Came in against the Pats last year, drove them straight down the field for a touchdown. And, I may be mistaken and it happened later in the game, but he ran the no huddle, on his first NFL drive. Its been down hill from there over the long run. He regressed a lot over his rookie year, and totally regressed this year. It seems the more time away from the Bills he has, the better he plays.