Let there never be doubt again

nodnarb

You think JP has a future as a serviceable backup in the NFL? Or do you think he bounces around for a year or two before he's out? I had thought the former, but after today, I dunno. He looks like a really bad player.

All I can say, over the years, the more JP says the week before a game, and says all the 'right things", the more likely he is to play like crap on Sunday. It is almost like he sets the bar so high for himself, mentally, that he can't cross it, and unltimately stinks the place up. What a mess this team is...I don't think they have near as much talent on hand as some here seem to feel, but I also think, with good coaching, they should be far better than they are...I don't like much of what I am seeing from them...the effort today was like something out of 1984... :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think JP has a future as a serviceable backup in the NFL? Or do you think he bounces around for a year or two before he's out? I had thought the former, but after today, I dunno. He looks like a really bad player.

Honestly, I don't care enough to think about what will happen to him. I just viewed him as a famialar renta-sub for this season, the competitive portion of which ended on that monday night against the Browns.

I don't really care how he plays the string out. As badly as he played today, I had no animosity about his performance. Entire units are playing like total dogsh*t, and when that starts happening it's not just the players. There are players who have been detrimental to the team for years who gotta' go, like Robert Royal for instance, but first and foremost they need better coaching and that staff needs to decide who stays and goes.

Give us Sparano and his staff, and give them Jauron and WE SWEEP THEM. Amazing what they've done with that cast of washouts and rookies.

I liked the opening film on Losman when Gannon talked about Losman's decision-making. He looked at his primary receiver for too long, then he looked at his secondary receiver, then there was a big question mark over his head.

Hilarious - I was at a bar w/ no sound on for the game - see this sequence look right, freeze, look left freeze, then they freeze it it with the big question mark above his head :lol: - was thinking if there ever was a perfect picture that captured a thousand words (obscenities) over the years...

I only saw the first half - and the whole time watching JP play *EXACTLY* the same as ever - never feeling really comfortable watching it - things just never really coming together or clicking - bad plays and plays just bad enough to not be good (and the requisite ball being knocked out of his hand). God I honestly hate watching games when he plays now.

Honestly, I don't care enough to think about what will happen to him. I just viewed him as a famialar renta-sub for this season, the competitive portion of which ended on that monday night against the Browns.

I don't really care how he plays the string out. As badly as he played today, I had no animosity about his performance. Entire units are playing like total dogsh*t, and when that starts happening it's not just the players. There are players who have been detrimental to the team for years who gotta' go, like Robert Royal for instance, but first and foremost they need better coaching and that staff needs to decide who stays and goes.

Give us Sparano and his staff, and give them Jauron and WE SWEEP THEM. Amazing what they've done with that cast of washouts and rookies.

Goes to show you what good coaching can get you..It also gives hope for the future of the Bills...Mangini and Sporano are 2 coaches who came out obscurity to coach their teams to respectability..Yes it can happen...An unknown coach can be brought in inexpensive and win..Next coach they bring in please let it come from the PArcells Belichek tree....

To me, Roscoe is a more disappointing starting offensive player than Royal. At least Royal is an adequate blocker. I have no idea what Roscoe brings to the table. He's soft, too small, can't beat guys deep (he doesn't have great straight line speed), and has average hands.

To me, Roscoe is a more disappointing starting offensive player than Royal. At least Royal is an adequate blocker. I have no idea what Roscoe brings to the table. He's soft, too small, can't beat guys deep (he doesn't have great straight line speed), and has average hands.

he sure looked like crap on kickoff returns today as well.

Keeping Losman this year as the 2nd stringer didn't seem like a big deal to many, but is the epitome of why this is a losing organization. Instead of getting a veteran back-up who could help Edwards in his 2nd year and step in if need be and lead the team, they keep a mal-content who has proven he doesn't have what it takes to save a few bucks because he's in the last year of his rookie contract. In defense of Losman, you can't expect a former 1st round pick who was beaten out by a rookie to suddenly accept a back-up role and be a mentor.

Ah, the concession speech.

You have finally seen enough to admit Jauron has proven nothing. You were wrong for supporting him so adamantly in the past.....for the very same reason. The record didn't lie when he got here, and nothing has changed. Jauron is a not a good NFL head coach and never will be. Here's hoping that he is canned, and replaced by someone who has proven to be a winner. It would be nice to actually have a winner in tow, instead of having to listen to apologists opine about why the current loser needs to be given a chance.

I laughed when I read that first line because honestly, it's funny. Touche.

But it's not really a concession speech. I've only called for people to not give up on the guy, and I've pointed out that I like him for several reasons. But I don't believe I've ever said that he has proven himself the elite tactician/strategist that you MUST be to win games in the playoffs (let alone make them).

It's easy to criticize easy targets like seemingly dim Mularkey and the egomaniac Gregg Williams. But Jauron really is a good guy of the game, respected universally. I'm starting to wonder, however, if that respect is because he's a really nice guy, rather respect as a Football Mind.

Know what I mean?

I'm not in favor of replacing DJ *UNLESS* a coach is available who has won a superbowl. That's a thin crop. Brian Billick is not an option. That was won by the rarest of good defenses. His offense (his part of the team) was BRUTAL. Bills brutal. So who else has a Lombardi that's alive and unemployed? Cowher, yes. But who else?

Sigh...

I laughed when I read that first line because honestly, it's funny. Touche.

But it's not really a concession speech. I've only called for people to not give up on the guy, and I've pointed out that I like him for several reasons. But I don't believe I've ever said that he has proven himself the elite tactician/strategist that you MUST be to win games in the playoffs (let alone make them).

It's easy to criticize easy targets like seemingly dim Mularkey and the egomaniac Gregg Williams. But Jauron really is a good guy of the game, respected universally. I'm starting to wonder, however, if that respect is because he's a really nice guy, rather respect as a Football Mind.

Know what I mean?

I'm not in favor of replacing DJ *UNLESS* a coach is available who has won a superbowl. That's a thin crop. Brian Billick is not an option. That was won by the rarest of good defenses. His offense (his part of the team) was BRUTAL. Bills brutal. So who else has a Lombardi that's alive and unemployed? Cowher, yes. But who else?

Sigh...

Yeah, I do know what you mean. And people want to see nice guys in the game. They just don't want to see them coaching THEIR team.

To the contrary, I wouldn't retain Jauron just because a SB winner wasn't available. There are plenty of SB winnng coaches out there who aren't as good as guys like Marty or Andy Reid. IMO, the ship has sailed for Jauron with this team. The last straw is that THEY know he's a loser now. They've seen him repeatedly "pantsed" on gameday. They've seen his inferior gameplans. They like him, but they don't fear him and it's reflected in their uninspired, unmotivated play. In 3 weeks he will have clinched his 7th losing season in 8 tries. In this "win now" league, that is an eternity of bad football.

I only think it's a 50/50 at best that he gets fired, but they should.

Yeah, I do know what you mean. And people want to see nice guys in the game. They just don't want to see them coaching THEIR team.

To the contrary, I wouldn't retain Jauron just because a SB winner wasn't available. There are plenty of SB winnng coaches out there who aren't as good as guys like Marty or Andy Reid. IMO, the ship has sailed for Jauron with this team. The last straw is that THEY know he's a loser now. They've seen him repeatedly "pantsed" on gameday. They've seen his inferior gameplans. They like him, but they don't fear him and it's reflected in their uninspired, unmotivated play. In 3 weeks he will have clinched his 7th losing season in 8 tries. In this "win now" league, that is an eternity of bad football.

I only think it's a 50/50 at best that he gets fired, but they should.

What about LeBeau? He has a good excuse since he had to coach the Bengals, and he's a better DC than Jauron ever was.

Yeah...I am quite aware that there are many problems with this team right now and it is just not one position however...I have not seen a worse, more uninspired QB performance in my life. Absolutely putrid, horrible, pathetic.

I have. Just look at about 15 other of his career starts. He has looked just as pathetic as he did yesterday.

Teams don't respect any aspect of JP's play therefore they blitz him or do whatever they want. He has no ability to hit guys on the run down the middle of the field. He doesn't know where the TE is on any play. He cannot sustain drives because he will always have some catastrophe (i.e sack. lost fumble, int) He has the worst pocket presence of any QB in the NFL, he has no clue when to scramble and when to hang in there and throw at the last second. He has no leadership ability because the players probably dont respect him. I pray that we don't have to suffer through another JP outing in Bills history. I'm serious when I say this but UB's Drew Willy could step in tomorrow and distribute the ball more effectively and with more presence than JP can after how many years?! I'd much rather have a dink and dunker than JP at the helm. The worst thing about him in listening to interviews where he actually thinks he's good?!?!? Please go away JP.

I like the part after the game when he said "I was scared I was going to be rusty but everything turned out alright." What the f*ck game was he watching. This guy has to be the dumbest qb in the entire NFL.

I was laughed at in the beginning of the season when I said it would not surprise me if Losman was out of the league in 2 years. After the Arizona game when Paul Hamilton on the radio said "really the best thing for a contract for JP next year is he does not take another snap for the rest of the season, he is that bad" people said Hamilton was an idiot & did not know football. He hit the nail on the head with that comment.