Ralph calls the SF loss "the worst performance

bananathumb

USA Today article quotes Ralph as above. Jauron probably needs at least an 8-8 record to keep his job. Three years of 7-9 would be unacceptable whether he has been extended or not. If the Bills embarrass Wilson in Toronto, he'll perhaps forget about how much money he's making from the game and start making plans for change.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA Today article quotes Ralph as above. Jauron probably needs at least an 8-8 record to keep his job. Three years of 7-9 would be unacceptable whether he has been extended or not. If the Bills embarrass Wilson in Toronto, he'll perhaps forget about how much money he's making from the game and start making plans for change.

There have been so many, that's a mouthful coming from Ralph. I agree that another sh*t stain of a game in TO may push him over the edge.

There have been so many, that's a mouthful coming from Ralph. I agree that another sh*t stain of a game in TO may push him over the edge.

It was not the most crushing loss, but probably one of the most pathetic losses I have seen. Bad decision-making and sloppy play from a team that has more talent than that.

The Patriots loss last year in Buffalo was far worse, but the Bills were clearly outclassed in that one. The 49ers game was not an issue of talent.

If that is a quote from Wilson, Jauron's days are numbered.

The older Wilson has got, the less forgiving he has become.

IMO, if Jauron wants to stay employed, he will need the team to finish at least 8-8, be ready to sacrifice some assistant coaches, and do some heavy a$$ kissing.

If that is a quote from Wilson, Jauron's days are numbered.

The older Wilson has got, the less forgiving he has become.

IMO, if Jauron wants to stay employed, he will need the team to finish at least 8-8, be ready to sacrifice some assistant coaches, and do some heavy a$$ kissing.

I think what people don't realize is that Wilson wants to win and is fiercely competitive. The problem is that his cheapness in regards to coaches has got the better of him.

I guess we're lowering expactations again. Before the season started, DJ had commited to a playoff appearance.

Not a playoff win, just an appearance. Not going to happen.

From USA Today:

CURRENT BILLS ARE FLAILING

Ralph C. Wilson Jr. is the only owner the Buffalo Bills have ever had. And he thinks last week's 10-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers was the bottom of the barrel.

"That was the worst performance I've seen from us in 49 years," he says. "People probably don't like me to say that, but the truth is the truth."

That kind of talk can't bode well for coach Dick Jauro, whose team, at 6-6, has lost five of the last six and has fallen into last place in the AFC East.

"Oh, I don't know," Wilson says. "I haven't even thought about that."

The Bills will play the Miami Dolphins in Toronto on Sunday. Does Wilson have a message for the fans in Buffalo as the Toronto game approaches?

"Forget last Sunday," he says. "We'll do better for you."

And for the fans in Toronto?

"I hope you didn't see last Sunday."

Why would that be acceptable? We started this season with the HC and Players stating the goal this year was the playoffs. Then we start 5-1. All is looking good. Now we're 6-6 and it's looking more and more like Jauron is losing the team. So, how is winning just 2 more games saving his job?

IMO, 10-6 with no playoffs saves his job. 9-7, possibly. Although, it would probably depend upon which game was lost and how we won the 3 others.

Me personally, I'm nervous about Jauron leaving. I agree, with each passing week, we need a new coach more and more. However, I shudder to think of yet another new HC, new assistants, and several more wasted years of players learning new schemes. So, I'm somewhat ambivalent on the whole issue to be perfectly honest. I guess I'm just waiting for the next couple of games to play out to see how the season actually ends.

On a related topic, could Jauron be starting JP in an effort to save his job? Perhaps Trent is really injured, but maybe less so and Ralph really wants to see JP? Or maybe Jauron is desperate knowing he's about to lose his job, so he's trying everything possible? It wouldn't be the first time a coach made a similar move in an attempt to save their job.

In a twisted way, that is the best news I've heard in a month.

Absolutely. Good to know the owner expects better. Good to hear anything from this front office. Where the heck is Brandon? Guy is invisible publically. Jauron, (winning or not) should not be the only public face for this team.

Me personally, I'm nervous about Jauron leaving. I agree, with each passing week, we need a new coach more and more. However, I shudder to think of yet another new HC, new assistants, and several more wasted years of players learning new schemes. So, I'm somewhat ambivalent on the whole issue to be perfectly honest. I guess I'm just waiting for the next couple of games to play out to see how the season actually ends.

I don't think you give the players enough credit here to learn a new system Dan. I truly believe this team has talent and the right coaching staff could come in and institute a system that maximizes this team's strengths and hides their flaws. We are asking for this kind of coach, we're not asking for a team overhaul. Most of us who want Jauron gone feel so passionately about it because we truly believe this team has many, many talented players and he is getting the least from them. In that regard, this team could probably turn it around in a year because its similar to the situation in Atlanta where the young talent was there but the coach needed to harness it.

As Bills head for Toronto, can Canada work as an NFL home?

By Erik Brady, USA TODAY

BUFFALO — Buffalo Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr., 90, has a chest virus. He has been coughing for two weeks. "The doctor tells me stay out of the cold," he says.

Sunday brings just what the doctor ordered: Wilson's Bills, accustomed to playing in bitter cold this time of year, will play a home game indoors for the first time in their history — though they won't really be home, or even in the USA.

This scares me more the Turk "shotgun" Schonert play calls for the bills

Why would that be acceptable? We started this season with the HC and Players stating the goal this year was the playoffs. Then we start 5-1. All is looking good. Now we're 6-6 and it's looking more and more like Jauron is losing the team. So, how is winning just 2 more games saving his job?

IMO, 10-6 with no playoffs saves his job. 9-7, possibly. Although, it would probably depend upon which game was lost and how we won the 3 others.

On a related topic, could Jauron be starting JP in an effort to save his job? Perhaps Trent is really injured, but maybe less so and Ralph really wants to see JP? Or maybe Jauron is desperate knowing he's about to lose his job, so he's trying everything possible? It wouldn't be the first time a coach made a similar move in an attempt to save their job.

Give it a rest. Ralph and Jauron already know what they have in Losman: an 80yd TD pass to Evans followed by 4 sacks a game, 2 fumbles, 2 interceptions, 20 min TOP on offense, and a game loss. Losman is too mentally slow to be a starting QB in the modern NFL. The jury is still out on Edwards. As long as Edwards is healthy, he starts these final 4 games because - as sorry as it sounds right now - he's still the QB that gives our team the best chance to win.

Back on topic, I think Ralph needs to STFU about anything related to football. He's lost all credibility with Buffalo fans right now by not spending money on good coaches and by not securing the franchise's future in WNY. He chose to call this game "the worst performance in 49 years" because he hopes Bills fans will forget much from the other 48 years where incompetence and crushing losses have been the norm. Choose any season between the late 60's and mid-80's...you'll find numerous performances like last Sunday.

Is it honestly too much to ask that a new coach assess what valuable personnel he does have and then adapt a scheme to that, all the while working acquiring talent for the scheme he wants to run?

I don't think you give the players enough credit here to learn a new system Dan. I truly believe this team has talent and the right coaching staff could come in and institute a system that maximizes this team's strengths and hides their flaws. We are asking for this kind of coach, we're not asking for a team overhaul. Most of us who want Jauron gone feel so passionately about it because we truly believe this team has many, many talented players and he is getting the least from them. In that regard, this team could probably turn it around in a year because its similar to the situation in Atlanta where the young talent was there but the coach needed to harness it.

For those who fear that changes would hurt us, look at Miami. From a laughingstock last year at 1-15 to a more than respectable team this year. What a difference one year makes...

I really hope you're right. I think you are. But, I'm just not sure. Sometimes these guys looks great, but then you see some really bad for stretches. I guess it comes down to who they'd bring in. Yeah Miami and Atlanta did it this year, but what about KC? It all comes down to who they bring in, IMO. And that, perhaps, is what concerns me most. When was the last time they brought in quality at any coaching position?