Ralph calls the SF loss "the worst performance

bananathumb

It was not the most crushing loss, but probably one of the most pathetic losses I have seen. Bad decision-making and sloppy play from a team that has more talent than that.

The Patriots loss last year in Buffalo was far worse, but the Bills were clearly outclassed in that one. The 49ers game was not an issue of talent.

Yeah they were already crushed this year before the niner game. Pathetic is the correct word.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope you're right. I think you are. But, I'm just not sure. Sometimes these guys looks great, but then you see some really bad for stretches. I guess it comes down to who they'd bring in. Yeah Miami and Atlanta did it this year, but what about KC? It all comes down to who they bring in, IMO. And that, perhaps, is what concerns me most. When was the last time they brought in quality at any coaching position?

Bobby April- Special Teams :unsure:

Sometimes, yes. As I just said in the other reply, I think it depends upon who they'd bring in.

I'm not attempting to dredge up any QB debate, I'm merely suggesting that Jauron could be acting out of desperation? Yes, he knows what he has in JP. But he also knows Trent has been in a real funk lately. He doesn't have time to let Trent play himself out of it. He needs to win now and he's desperate. I could be full of it, I don't know. Just something to think about.

Well if you're full of it so am I! Because I feel the same way about this decision, I honestly don't think that Edward's "injury" is as bad as we think or led to believe. :unsure:

But I want to see none of the bumbling around, getting to the LoS with 2 seconds left and having to burn time outs type of stuff we've seen in the past 7 weeks.

As an aside, I counted four false starts last night by the Chargers on their own turf. Four. Just painful if your a Chargers fan.

This is what I don't understand. The Bills always seem to get head coaches/ O&D coordinators that

subscribe to the square peg/round hole school of thought.

The idea of adapting their schemes to the strengths of the players they actually have never seems to occur to them.

You actually have to have some coaching ability to do that...it's about 2 notches above Jauron's capability. I believe.

Still, a coach needs ot be able to take what he's got and make it work. You cant sit here and force a scheme on players when you do not have the right personnel. As for McCargo, he busted, that happens. Its not the end of the world, and that single pick didnt cripple the franchise.

Agreed, but the opportunity cost of choosing him was very steep, with the high second and high 3rd that were surrendered.

With regards to price and tripplett, i'll aruge that they were thought of as nothing more than holdovers until we had better players in place. When you have a team devoid of talent and can't address it all in 1 offseason, you need to sign some temporary holdover type players that you intend to replace within 2-3 years. As for Kelsay, at the time, given his past production and contracts for similar caliber players, he wasn't overpaid. Whether or not he's lived up to the contract is another story entirely.

Problem is, Triplett wasn't paid like a holdover. He was paid like a starter around which the team wanted to build. Again, a waste of money that could have been better spent elsewhere to improve the team.

Kelsay? What a joke of a move. He's not overpaid in terms of what the market bears but that doesn't mean he was worth retaining. We would have been better off overpaying for Clements than re-signing this stiff to a long-term deal. Bottom line, the front office has no idea how to assess free agent talent. There's free agents you retain (gamers like McGee, Parrish, Peters) and free agents you let walk. Kelsay was obvious among them. And let's not forget that the Kelsay contract forced the Bills to extend Schobel with 3 years left on his deal. So now in total, the team committed $35+ million in guarantees for an aging DE and one that just isn't that good.

Marv did very little good during his tenure here as GM, unfortunately.

From USA Today:

CURRENT BILLS ARE FLAILING

Ralph C. Wilson Jr. is the only owner the Buffalo Bills have ever had. And he thinks last week's 10-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers was the bottom of the barrel.

"That was the worst performance I've seen from us in 49 years," he says. "People probably don't like me to say that, but the truth is the truth."

That kind of talk can't bode well for coach Dick Jauro, whose team, at 6-6, has lost five of the last six and has fallen into last place in the AFC East.

"Oh, I don't know," Wilson says. "I haven't even thought about that."

The Bills will play the Miami Dolphins in Toronto on Sunday. Does Wilson have a message for the fans in Buffalo as the Toronto game approaches?

"Forget last Sunday," he says. "We'll do better for you."

And for the fans in Toronto?

"I hope you didn't see last Sunday."

God, he's losing it. I've seen about 50 Bills losses that were demonstrably worse than that one.

Marv did very little good during his tenure here as GM, unfortunately.

I posted about this after the SF game.

The front office, led by Marv and now by Russ, makes or made far too many bad moves.

Levy's Legacy

It was convenient to think that a HOF coach would bring great results as a GM. Three seasons after being named GM, the truth is readily apparent that it did not happen.

There's a thin margin of error in the NFL. Buffalo can't outspend anyone, which requires the scouts and decision makers to score on draft day each year. That hasn't happened obviously and we're left with poor depth, and a team which cannot beat teams it should.

USA Today article quotes Ralph as above. Jauron probably needs at least an 8-8 record to keep his job. Three years of 7-9 would be unacceptable whether he has been extended or not. If the Bills embarrass Wilson in Toronto, he'll perhaps forget about how much money he's making from the game and start making plans for change.

If this was said by Ralph...Dick better put your house up for sale..

Give it a rest. Ralph and Jauron already know what they have in Losman: an 80yd TD pass to Evans followed by 4 sacks a game, 2 fumbles, 2 interceptions, 20 min TOP on offense, and a game loss. Losman is too mentally slow to be a starting QB in the modern NFL. The jury is still out on Edwards. As long as Edwards is healthy, he starts these final 4 games because - as sorry as it sounds right now - he's still the QB that gives our team the best chance to win.

Back on topic, I think Ralph needs to STFU about anything related to football. He's lost all credibility with Buffalo fans right now by not spending money on good coaches and by not securing the franchise's future in WNY. He chose to call this game "the worst performance in 49 years" because he hopes Bills fans will forget much from the other 48 years where incompetence and crushing losses have been the norm. Choose any season between the late 60's and mid-80's...you'll find numerous performances like last Sunday.

The problem isn't that Ralph and Dick know what they have. The problem is that you think you do. So much so that you felt the need to hijack the thread. And ignore Losman's performances recently, which are not like what you are saying. But by all means, don't let facts hold you back.

Oh, as I look at your last paragraph, you're way off target there too, I shouldn't have bothered. What a surprise it is that if you ignore the good years, you see a lot of bad years.

Don't forget that the Fish also brought in Chad Pennington, who I think will be a free agent after this year. Let's go after him and sign him in the off season. Let Trent study under him for a couple of years, then he may be ready!

Pennington is like edwards, his arm is to weak to play in the buffalo climate