Edwards throwing Lindell under the bus?

Beerball

From his post game press conference paraphrasing...

I told Marshawn, I told James Hardy, I told Robert Royal, stick with me, battle through this. We had the same situation happen last year with Tony Romo. He threw 3 or 4 picks in that game and still gave his team a chance to win at the end & Nick Folk hit a 50 something yard fieldgoal to win them that game.

Does it sound like he's placing blame on Lindell?

Regarding the last drive...does he wish they had taken at least one chance to get closer? Again, paraphrasing...

I was just doing what they told me to do. I don't really, I um, that's well within his range.

He went on to say that the team shouldn't have been in that position to begin with yadda yadda yadda...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Edwards didn't look like a deer in headlights all game, then perhaps the bills would have thrown some more passes on the last drive to get closer.

Other than Edwards himself, I bet you'd have a hard time finding anyone else in that stadium last night who wanted to see him throw another pass on that last drive. Well, other than the Cleveland sideline anyway.

Other than Edwards himself, I bet you'd have a hard time finding anyone else in that stadium last night who wanted to see him throw another pass on that last drive. Well, other than the Cleveland sideline anyway.

I wasn't at the stadium, but I wanted to see him throw another pass.

IMHO, Trent's big sin was not the interceptions ..... happens to the best of them ...... what I can not forgive is the fact it got in his head ..... it got under his skin ...... those interceptions made it so he was incapable of throwing the ball down field. Those interceptions messed with his mind so bad it took our QB out of the game.

Kelly threw INTs ..... it just pissed him off and he came back swinging

Lord Farve throws INTs ...... he laughs it off and comes out chucking the rock

I'm not trying to compare TE to those two, BUT, to be a good QB in the NFL one has to overcome adversity, he has to have a short memory, he HAS to believe in his (and his team mates) skills.

I did not see that from TE last night.

Well considering he threw his best pass of the night at the beginning of that "drive"...yeah, I'd say I was really wanting him to throw again...instead they gained what 3 yards, incredible. :thumbdown:

If you are afraid of your own QB and play not to lose -- that's what's gonna happen.

Edwards was terrible last night, everyone agrees. He was also 13-19-123-1-0 over the last 3 quarters and made a very solid throw to get them to the 30. Settling for a 47 yard FG attempt into the wind because you are afraid to let your QB throw another pass is absurd. And it's absurd even if Lindell hits the FG. Would one more win really matter to this team when the coaching staff is sending a clear message that they have zero confidence in their QB? If that is the case, why was he in the game at all?

IMHO, Trent's big sin was not the interceptions ..... happens to the best of them ...... what I can not forgive is the fact it got in his head ..... it got under his skin ...... those interceptions made it so he was incapable of throwing the ball down field. Those interceptions messed with his mind so bad it took our QB out of the game.

A couple weeks ago Madden was discussing offensive philosophy saying it is OK for a QB to take what the defense is giving him for much of the game, but there comes a time when the QB has to impose his will on the defense. Edwards does not believe in himself right now, doesn't trust himself to impose his will on the defense...hence he takes what (in his eyes) they are giving him.

Sad performance.

Not to me.

Didn't sound like it to me either. I didn't think it was within range yet either. If you're going to chance a 41 yard kick into the wind, you might as well take the chance of having Edwards throw again to get closer. Time wasn't an issue.

I wasn't at the stadium, but I wanted to see him throw another pass.

Agreed. Maybe it goes into his 4th Q mentality... Nothing to lose and Necessity has seemed to clear his thinking this year. He hit Royal with a laser in traffic and then that's it --- coaches went small-ball.

I don't let Lindell off the hook either. And, I fully believe that Lindell is blaming himself --- it's a kick he's made before, could've made and should've made. I'm not about to drive him out of town, b/c he's one of the best in the NFL. I firmly blame Dick and Turk for refusing to let the offense try anymore when they were finally moving the ball with some authority (to go along that their brilliant strategy would've left CLE ~ 40 seconds to kick a figgie of their own with a guy who just made a 56-yarder).

You need to keep driving there, and Dick and Turk pulled the car to the side of the road.

From his post game press conference paraphrasing...

Does it sound like he's placing blame on Lindell?

Regarding the last drive...does he wish they had taken at least one chance to get closer? Again, paraphrasing...

He went on to say that the team shouldn't have been in that position to begin with yadda yadda yadda...

I don't see how that's placing blame in Lindell at all. That's quite a stretch. Lindell would probably be the first to admit that he blew it and if Trent is smart (like I think he is), he'd know better to throw a kicker under the bus when he threw 3 INTs.

The second quote sounds closer to Trent throwing the coaches to the wolves.

I was rooting for a play-action pass on 2nd down, to pick up another 7, or so, yards. Also, if it was available, that simply play-action might result in a wide open TD. Edwards was throwing better, by that point, and I would have given him one shot, at least, to make some sort of play.

When he says "that's well within his range" and when he evokes Nick Folk's name, he is defending the playcalling, not throwing Lindell under the bus.

"Nick Folk would have made it." is not throwing Lindell other the bus?

What if he just said "I wish we had a better kicker."? Would that count?

What are your standards? Does there literally need to be a bus involved?

Edwards is all done.Edwards took a big time hit and now he is gun shy and he will not be able to over come it.You can tell he is concerned about it ,when he drops back he is watching rushers and not looking for good receivers.

I don't really agree with that. He played at Stanford. Its not the first time he's ever been hit.

I think it all goes back to Josh Reed. With Reed injured, he doesn't have a reliable 2nd receiver and he has no confidence in the other guys to make a play. He's also lost confidence in himself to make a play, at least judging from last night's game, which is an even bigger problem.

"Nick Folk would have made it." is not throwing Lindell other the bus?

What if he just said "I wish we had a better kicker."? Would that count?

What are your standards? Does there literally need to be a bus involved?

You're an idiot. Why dont you go listen to the press conference before making up quotes. Your first sentence is completely false.

I'll raise my hand that I wanted him to throw more. Right before that last drive started, they showed the huddle and Trent finally looked like Trent. You could see him pumping his teammates up, slapping asses and so on. They zoomed in on him and it looked like the lights were back on. He wanted a chance to redeem himself and the coaching staff had another epic failure.