Edwards throwing Lindell under the bus?

Beerball

Good post. I had not thought about the post-INT stats. He also ran one in for a TD too.

those point-int stats were basically: throw a sh------- 2 yard pass to marshawn lynch that doesn't hit lynch in stride, and watch marshawn juke the whole cleveland defense.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhh...that doesn't fit with the misconception that Lindell sucks and is an anti-clutch kicker. And that stat was ignored the first time it was brought up, earlier in this thread. (Full disclosure - I thought it said 12 of 13 before the kick, but I could be wrong. Even 11 of 13 is still pretty damn good.)

One thing missing from that stat: the distances attempted.

But if the argument is "he sucks under pressure", regardless of distance, 11 of 13 is damn good.

That puts his average around 85%.

Apparently, the Jauron apologists think 85% is "bad".

Then again, they do think mediocrity is "good".

From his post game press conference paraphrasing...

Does it sound like he's placing blame on Lindell?

Regarding the last drive...does he wish they had taken at least one chance to get closer? Again, paraphrasing...

He went on to say that the team shouldn't have been in that position to begin with yadda yadda yadda...

Wow, I really hope he didn't say that or I've lost all faith in him as a human being not just a Bill's player. He caught whatever Donte had.

He blames Lindell for this loss but not the O-line in those other 3??? :wallbash:

One thing missing from that stat: the distances attempted.

But if the argument is "he sucks under pressure", regardless of distance, 11 of 13 is damn good.

That puts his average around 85%.

Apparently, the Jauron apologists think 85% is "bad".

Then again, they do think mediocrity is "good".

True, the distances could impact the theory, but unless they were all 20-yard kicks, then I"ll probably be pretty comfortable taking my chances with an 85-90% kicker in those situations.

But the conditions, distance and wind, OTOH....

I wasn't at the stadium, but I wanted to see him throw another pass.

IMHO, Trent's big sin was not the interceptions ..... happens to the best of them ...... what I can not forgive is the fact it got in his head ..... it got under his skin ...... those interceptions made it so he was incapable of throwing the ball down field. Those interceptions messed with his mind so bad it took our QB out of the game.

Kelly threw INTs ..... it just pissed him off and he came back swinging

Lord Farve throws INTs ...... he laughs it off and comes out chucking the rock

I'm not trying to compare TE to those two, BUT, to be a good QB in the NFL one has to overcome adversity, he has to have a short memory, he HAS to believe in his (and his team mates) skills.

I did not see that from TE last night.

I couldn't agree more. I thought he made one bad throw on his picks. And one was an OK play by the LB. The tipped ball is not his fault. So why did he let it get in head? That is the BIGGEST red flag to me. I don't care who you are, you are going to throw 3 picks in a game. do you hang your head and throw 20 balls to the RB's to make up for it? Or do you get pissed and keep on firing like the great ones do/did? Kelly, Montana, Marino, Favre, Warner, Whoever, all have the ability to forget the bad plays, and make a good on. Trent Didn't. And if he can't, he is not the next great QB of the Bills.

A couple weeks ago Madden was discussing offensive philosophy saying it is OK for a QB to take what the defense is giving him for much of the game, but there comes a time when the QB has to impose his will on the defense. Edwards does not believe in himself right now, doesn't trust himself to impose his will on the defense...hence he takes what (in his eyes) they are giving him.

Sad performance.

This team will NEVER impose its will on any other team. The strategy is to "remain competitive", not "impose will".

It's JauronBall.

Well considering he threw his best pass of the night at the beginning of that "drive"...yeah, I'd say I was really wanting him to throw again...instead they gained what 3 yards, incredible. :wallbash:

What made it a really strange moment, was the Bills kept trying to run the clock out while they were behind by running the ball so they could settle for a 50 yard FG, and Cleveland kept trying to give them more time by calling timeouts so they could get closer. It was if Buffalo was saying "We are just going to kick a 50 yard FG" and Cleveland kept telling them, "No, cmon, please get a little closer"---honestly one of THE most chicken sh-- playcalling I have ever seen in my life...I mean can you coach anymore scared than what Jauron did in that situation? Is it possible to have a bigger yellow streak on your back?

I don't want to hear the BS about they were scared of Edwards throwing INT's...if you as a coaching staff believe this guy is your guy long term, then you HAVE to let him play football in those situations and stop trying to hide him. It only makes his confidence that much worse to know your coaches are so afraid of you, they would rather take a 50-50 FG versus letting their QB try and get them closer for a much better chance... What good did that playcalling do? Now Edwards lost the chance to gain some confidence and swagger back by making some plays on the game winning drive, and even if the Bills would have won the game, that last second playcalling put Edwards confidence in himself at an alltime low, because he thinks the team has no faith in him. For better or for worse, they needed to let Edwards play in that situation, and they didn't. Now I guess we see why Jauron has coached 8 seasons and has finished with a losing record in 7 of them...

What made it a really strange moment, was the Bills kept trying to run the clock out while they were behind by running the ball so they could settle for a 50 yard FG, and Cleveland kept trying to give them more time by calling timeouts so they could get closer. It was if Buffalo was saying "We are just going to kick a 50 yard FG" and Cleveland kept telling them, "No, cmon, please get a little closer"---honestly one of THE most chicken sh-- playcalling I have ever seen in my life...I mean can you coach anymore scared than what Jauron did in that situation? Is it possible to have a bigger yellow streak on your back?

I don't want to hear the BS about they were scared of Edwards throwing INT's...if you as a coaching staff believe this guy is your guy long term, then you HAVE to let him play football in those situations and stop trying to hide him. It only makes his confidence that much worse to know your coaches are so afraid of you, they would rather take a 50-50 FG versus letting their QB try and get them closer for a much better chance... What good did that playcalling do? Now Edwards lost the chance to gain some confidence and swagger back by making some plays on the game winning drive, and even if the Bills would have won the game, that last second playcalling put Edwards confidence in himself at an alltime low, because he thinks the team has no faith in him. For better or for worse, they needed to let Edwards play in that situation, and they didn't. Now I guess we see why Jauron has coached 8 seasons and has finished with a losing record in 7 of them...

well said. ive been trying to avoid giving up on the coaches because of how painful it is to suffer thru yet another regime change. but after that dreadful last series i can no longer deny the obvious

I told Marshawn, I told James Hardy, I told Robert Royal, stick with me, battle through this. We had the same situation happen last year with Tony Romo. He threw 3 or 4 picks in that game and still gave his team a chance to win at the end & Nick Folk hit a 50 something yard fieldgoal to win them that game.

What I'm worried about is why didn't he tell Evans to stick with him? :wallbash:

You are correct about not belonging in the playoffs if they can't beat the Browns. But, I'm not sure about the bolded sentence.

Are we good or not? If Lindell makes the FG, is the team good?

The only reason I'm nit-picking here, is I believe the team, in general, showed they ARE pretty damn good, for the most part. The offensive line was terrific, the running game was good, for a change. The defensive backfield, without Greer and Whitner for much of the game, did a real nice job i thought and ST were awesome (except for...well you know).

What we have here (based on last night) was a good team thwarted by a horrible performance by the QB, and some gutless playcalling with the game on the line.

Good, really? I mean, I agree with you that they looked decent in places they haven't recently, the run game and getting at least a bit of a rush on the Quinn.

But before you call them good, remember who they were playing. A good team kicks the Browns' butts at home.

If you are afraid of your own QB and play not to lose -- that's what's gonna happen.

Edwards was terrible last night, everyone agrees. He was also 13-19-123-1-0 over the last 3 quarters and made a very solid throw to get them to the 30. Settling for a 47 yard FG attempt into the wind because you are afraid to let your QB throw another pass is absurd. And it's absurd even if Lindell hits the FG. Would one more win really matter to this team when the coaching staff is sending a clear message that they have zero confidence in their QB? If that is the case, why was he in the game at all?

How many of those 13 completions were little checkdowns to Marshawn? Marshawn had, I believe, 10 of those.

On the radio, Kelso was saying again and again that Edwards wasn't scanning the field. Several times they pointed out that a reciever had been open downfield but that Edwards had instead gone to the checkdown. I've never heard Kelso say this stuff before, but he said it last night. He also said that two of the interceptions and several defended passes were because Trent double-clutched, allowing the defender to know where the ball was going which gave him the chance to close. Also called him out for staring down the recievers.

This was just NOT a good game for Edwards at all. He did have a few good throws, but if that's what we are now looking at, whether he had a few good throws, well, things have gone badly wrong.

Also, saying that if you throw out the interceptions he played pretty well is a bit like saying except for the last bit, the German army was really impressive in World War II. It's somewhat true, but misses the point pretty thoroughly.