The Real Problem is Lynch not Edwards

StupidNation

Yup, teams have figured us out when you can't run. Let's call a spade a spade and let's put the blame on the 1st rounder who can't break out of one game this year. You know and I know who he is. A first rounder should produce something with that talent, yet all the talk is on Trent.

Trent has had 3 bad games, and out of those 3 only one was terrible or Losmanesque. I don't seem to remember him having those under 100 yard games Losman would have, but I do know Lynch has failed to do anything to show real talent. So let's throw some blame where it should be. We all know Edwards is not Warner who can win without a running game, and we know Brees isn't doing so well without one despite his prolific numbers.

Why not look at this objectively and realize without a running game no QB, unless they are amazing and seasoned. If you want to find faults, look at "Beast-Mode". The guy lacks vision and runs like a burner without the jet packs.

There's your issue, and it has less to do with Trent and more to do with Marshawn.

Yup, teams have figured us out when you can't run. Let's call a spade a spade and let's put the blame on the 1st rounder who can't break out of one game this year. You know and I know who he is. A first rounder should produce something with that talent, yet all the talk is on Trent.

Trent has had 3 bad games, and out of those 3 only one was terrible or Losmanesque. I don't seem to remember him having those under 100 yard games Losman would have, but I do know Lynch has failed to do anything to show real talent. So let's throw some blame where it should be. We all know Edwards is not Warner who can win without a running game, and we know Brees isn't doing so well without one despite his prolific numbers.

Why not look at this objectively and realize without a running game no QB, unless they are amazing and seasoned. If you want to find faults, look at "Beast-Mode". The guy lacks vision and runs like a burner without the jet packs.

There's your issue, and it has less to do with Trent and more to do with Marshawn.

There are certain occasions when the primary blame for a team's faulty play can be predominately placed on the shoulders of one player. That player is never a running back.

Somewhere in your rambling and incoherant garbage, I realized that you don't seem to realize a few things.

1. You don't know what you are talking about.

2. Look at the line our backs get to run behind these past few weeks (Whittle, Preston, Chambers)

3. With that line, defenses are able to load up the left side with minimal pressure on the right due to the lack of talent at those positions, thus we are only truly allowed to run to the left, where all the defensive players are.

Besides a couple of sentences and points in your rambling incoherant response, specifically the first sentence of the third paragraph, you raise an interesting concept but one that is too soon to call due to the success Lynch has had behind this same offensive line last year.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

read this thread first:

Highschool Level Play of C and RG

then go back and watch the last 4 games in detail watching every running play several times in slow motion, normal speed, etc and see just how many times the C and RG are getting beaten and having their man waiting 2 or 3 yards in the backfield for Lynch. You will be absolutely astounded that this happens in HALF of all his running attempts....not 1 or 2 a game...HALF(I wish I was joking, but go watch for yourself). Its amazing he doesn't lose yardage EVERY handoff. What makes it even worse, is that when Preston isn't getting whipped on by his opponent, he actually blocks the players INTO the hole and not away from it because he is getting manhandled every play and his guy basically does what he wants. So even when Preston and/or Chambers manages to block their man, it usually is only temporary and as soon as Lynch approaches the hole, they converge and are met by linebackers who are unblocked since our OLine can't disengage and then block at the 2nd level. To be honest, it is so bad to watch I cannot believe these guys are starting in the NFL....on a good day, they might make it in the arena league....

Stupidnation,

Agree with you 100%. Be prepared to get scorched by the BEASTMODE koolaid drinkers. When you stick a pin and pop the bubble they have so wholeheartedly bought into, you become the bad guy so thay dont have to be wrong. They will call you names and denigrate your football knowlege while refusing to process what their eyes are seeing(or not seeing)

Yes we all see the O-Line is not exactly the best in the league but a 1st round back should be able read and react and take the play to another opening.Lynch almost NEVER does this. He has good speed but is not a burner so he cant take a play wide like an AP or LT. I was very high on him when he was drafted but I also believe my eyes and see him now as mid round talent who could only flourish with a a top 5 O-Line.

ML is a disapointment not a bust. He was a reach because we had nobody.

There is no way he danced for 2000 yards.. his line had to be somewhat descent. Maybe they sucked at pass blocking and were good at run blocking.

Then you never watch Sanders play, and this is coming from a guy who says I don't know what I'm talking about? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The man lived off chaos, 8 men in the box, penetration behind the line of scrimmage, and flat out dominated year after year with no passing game.

How is Atlanta's offensive line? Oh, that's right, they suck and Turner is doing just fine. Should we do that for a few teams? I would like to if you want, and I remember the Raiders O-line isn't so great and last time I knew Bush and McFadden (pre-injury) ran just fine. And SF has the meanest O-line right? Gore is just a product of their mean line. How about Larry Johnson before he got hurt? Those Chiefs have an AWESOME line. What a joke you are...

Great players make themselves better than the players around them. A first round RB should be able to do pretty damn good in this league if they want to be considered the time and money, especially in the top 15 picks.

And yes, you can blame on the RB for offensive woes, but certainly not for the team. A good RB makes the D more honest, and a bad RB puts more pressure on the line and on the QB.

Yes, Lynch gets more blame for our woes than Trent. I know the fanboys of Bust-Mode think it's heresy, but it's a fact.

u r a freakin jackhole... how do u break out when the running game isnt part of the game plan. hes had over 20 carries just ONCE this entire season... and that was because we ran a bunch of times in a row to run out the clock against the Raiders. hard to break out when u r getting 9 carries a game, toolbox. u should hook up with Turd shonert and have his gay retarded love child

Then you never watch Sanders play, and this is coming from a guy who says I don't know what I'm talking about? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The man lived off chaos, 8 men in the box, penetration behind the line of scrimmage, and flat out dominated year after year with no passing game.

How is Atlanta's offensive line? Oh, that's right, they suck and Turner is doing just fine. Should we do that for a few teams? I would like to if you want, and I remember the Raiders O-line isn't so great and last time I knew Bush and McFadden (pre-injury) ran just fine. And SF has the meanest O-line right? Gore is just a product of their mean line. How about Larry Johnson before he got hurt? Those Chiefs have an AWESOME line. What a joke you are...

Great players make themselves better than the players around them. A first round RB should be able to do pretty damn good in this league if they want to be considered the time and money, especially in the top 15 picks.

And yes, you can blame on the RB for offensive woes, but certainly not for the team. A good RB makes the D more honest, and a bad RB puts more pressure on the line and on the QB.

Yes, Lynch gets more blame for our woes than Trent. I know the fanboys of Bust-Mode think it's heresy, but it's a fact.

"Great players make themselves better than the players around them" .......in other words Trent sucks.

u r a freakin jackhole... how do u break out when the running game isnt part of the game plan. hes had over 20 carries just ONCE this entire season... and that was because we ran a bunch of times in a row to run out the clock against the Raiders. hard to break out when u r getting 9 carries a game, toolbox. u should hook up with Turd shonert and have his gay retarded love child

Just as I predicted. Burst their bubble and the name calling will follow.

YES he gets the ball only 9, 11, 12 times.

Did you ever think that they stop calling his # because he SUCKED when they handed to him and got like 24 yards!

Just as I predicted. Burst their bubble and the name calling will follow.

YES he gets the ball only 9, 11, 12 times.

Did you ever think that they stop calling his # because he SUCKED when they handed to him and got like 24 yards!

He ran for 1100 fuggin yards his rookie season, how bad could he suck? Clearly, the O-line has taken a big step backwards.

Agree with jjbegoose!

StupidNation'...His Name says it all,Ignorance can be fixed...stupid can't :rolleyes:

He ran for 1100 fuggin yards his rookie season, how bad could he suck? Clearly, the O-line has taken a big step backwards.

1000 yd season means shiit. Used to be a benchmark when they played 12 but the criteria is different now.

Clearly, Lynch is not the back we hoped he would be.

A better back would be making more yards even with this line.

Stop fooling yourselves.

Que the name calling.

lol @ this thread

Yes it is pretty funny. All I know is that it takes more than one dude to tackle ML because his legs are always moving and he does not go down easy. I've seen him make something out of nothing more times than not. Hell, ML ran for 7 yards on the first play against NE and then we pass two downs in a row and have to punt??? He needs to get in a groove, but getting the ball 10 times, being replaced by Jackson after 2 plays and running behind a paper thin o-line will make most backs look horrible. Thus leading to TEs crappy play. It all starts on the sidelines and TS, who was hired by DJ, who was hired by ML, who was hired by RW etc.......etc........etc.....

THIS TEAM HAS MANY PROBLEMS AND THE RB IS HARDLY ONE OF THEM.

1000 yd season means shiit. Used to be a benchmark when they played 12 but the criteria is different now.

Clearly, Lynch is not the back we hoped he would be.

A better back would be making more yards even with this line.

Stop fooling yourselves.

Que the name calling.

You do remember that Lynch missed 3 games, I believe, with and injury. So, he made the 1,000 yards in a few less than 16 games.

How can Ralph be so cheap when we have so many over paid players like Dockery, Walker, Kelsay, Schobel, Evans?

You have a good point, but on the other hand, because we keep hiring coaches like Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Philips, etc...when the likes of Parcells, Cowher were out there, not to mention better all around cadidates.

:wub:

Last three games...

Edwards = 7 turnovers (5 interceptions + 2 fumbles)

Lynch = 0 turnovers

There's your issue pal.

Let me look at the numbers for you a little differently since you are obviously inept at understanding how important a running game is:

Trent has to throw 85% of all downs to make an impact in yardage +

Lynch is not making plays to change that ratio and allows more guys to fall back into coverage

= More turnovers

If Lynch could get some positive yardage Trent wouldn't have so much pressure. No rushing game = more turnovers, less balance, easier D game-planning.

Tell me how Brees did this past weekend with 400 yards and INTs with no rushing game, and tell me the Saints record and what is common about their offense. Get back to me.

Facts are you could have a QB putting up #s past Marino's best year and have a losing record. Saints are a perfect example. No running game = almost impossible to win consistently

Lynch is not making plays to change that ratio and allows more guys to fall back into coverage

Hey Stupid..........nation, You realize there is more than one RB on this team right? Jackson is on the field almost as much as Lynch. We have had only one QB for eight of the nine games. Your point is moot.

Let me look at the numbers for you a little differently since you are obviously inept at understanding how important a running game is:

Trent has to throw 85% of all downs to make an impact in yardage +

= More turnovers

If Lynch could get some positive yardage Trent wouldn't have so much pressure. No rushing game = more turnovers, less balance, easier D game-planning.

Tell me how Brees did this past weekend with 400 yards and INTs with no rushing game, and tell me the Saints record and what is common about their offense. Get back to me.

Facts are you could have a QB putting up #s past Marino's best year and have a losing record. Saints are a perfect example. No running game = almost impossible to win consistently

You really think Edwards is throwing on 85% of all downs? What game have you been watching?

I have watched Barry Sanders and Lynch is not Barry Sanders. First of all, Barry Sanders was great. He could fake tacklers out of their shoes. Go to Youtube and search for clips of his games and be amazed. However, he had a lot of runs that went for negative yards. Barry would never have the career he had if his offensive coordinator stopped calling running plays because he had those negative plays. Lynch is a victim of Turk and Dick. He needs to touch the ball more than 12 times a game. Then he will be fine. In the 4th quarter of the New England game, Lynch got the ball three times and he turned that into 20 yards. Then Turk started calling passing plays and never went back to the run. How many yards can a running back gain if the QB never gave him the ball? Maybe Lynch should tackle Edwards after the snap and rip the ball away from him, then run down field with it. I think that is what you expect him to do.

the problem is not Edwards nor is it Lynch... neither deserves blame.

The problem with the Bills is OL and Pass rush. We need a stud C and improvement at G and we need a real DE... None of our DE's are starting material not even Schobel.

The biggest problem IMO is our Defensive scheme. I hate the tampa 2, and I am very against the 4-3. All we ever are in this scheme is a bend don't break. Problem with that is any decent team can bend it and break it.

...In the 4th quarter of the New England game, Lynch got the ball three times and he turned that into 20 yards. Then Turk started calling passing plays and never went back to the run. How many yards can a running back gain if the QB never gave him the ball? Maybe Lynch should tackle Edwards after the snap and rip the ball away from him, then run down field with it. I think that is what you expect him to do.

If you're gonna start talking about the 4th quarter against NE, I suggest you start with the defense. First three quarters, gripe all you want, and rightfully so, but Sunday's 4th quarter is all on the defense.

GO BILLS!!!

the problem is not Edwards nor is it Lynch... neither deserves blame.

The problem with the Bills is OL and Pass rush. We need a stud C and improvement at G and we need a real DE... None of our DE's are starting material not even Schobel.

The biggest problem IMO is our Defensive scheme. I hate the tampa 2, and I am very against the 4-3. All we ever are in this scheme is a bend don't break. Problem with that is any decent team can bend it and break it.

I agree there are NUMEROUS problems on the Bills. HORRIBLE coaching, injuries, poor play by the O-line...etc. but to say Edwards does not deserve blame is INSANE. You Trent lovers would have gone wild on this board, there would have been 100 threads about how JP cost the Bills those last 3 games & it's all J.P.'s fault the Bills season is in shambles.