Cut Robert Royal

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God can this guy mess up in big time situations any more?? He can't get his feet in the end zone against the Titans a few years back, he really put the nail in the coffin against the Cardinals with a fumble, and now today he fumbles after we pick up a 3rd and 19...wow, is there no one better out there? Idk how Trent has confidence throwing to him because its literally like waiting for a disaster to happen.... :beer:

But, but... who's gonna throw pies in the locker room?

Two catches, one fumble, two drops. Not good production.

I'm at the point where I'd rather have him drop the pass right away for an incompletion, instead of two steps later for a fumble.

I think this is a situation like Bobby Shaw a few years ago.

Guys need to know that the coaches ain't gonna put up with this sh--; produce or you're gone. This has been a historical problem with Royal. He's dropped TDs that cost us games in the clutch. He failed to get both feet in on a TD that cost us a game. I'm sick of this. See what Shouman and Fine have, b/c we know what Royal has.

By far, he wasn't the only thing that sucked today, but let's start with the obvious.

If you're not going to cut him after he lost you a playoff opportunity two years ago against Tennessee, arguably the biggest bone-head play I've ever witnessed as a fan, there is no justification to cut him now.

...he is the least clutch player I've ever seen, he has almost no upside except from blocking, and he's really an awful player...

...still, we did not cut him after his Tennessee flop two years ago, and at this point I think its too little too late if you cut him now. It's almost irrational, but I say keep him out of the sake that if you cut him now it means you're admitting he's a joke but did nothing to change it (ie, you kept throwing him the ball late in the game...)

If you're not going to cut him after he lost you a playoff opportunity two years ago against Tennessee, arguably the biggest bone-head play I've ever witnessed as a fan, there is no justification to cut him now.

...he is the least clutch player I've ever seen, he has almost no upside except from blocking, and he's really an awful player...

...still, we did not cut him after his Tennessee flop two years ago, and at this point I think its too little too late if you cut him now. It's almost irrational, but I say keep him out of the sake that if you cut him now it means you're admitting he's a joke but did nothing to change it (ie, you kept throwing him the ball late in the game...)

I hear what your saying, but this is the straw that broke the camels back.

I hear what your saying, but this is the straw that broke the camels back.

I know. I'm just displaying that I was more upset at him after that Titans game than I am now. I'm being realistic, we're not cutting him. If we didn't then, we're not now.