Jauron Extension...

gmanbfan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, is the NFL going to allow this? Shouldn't we have to interview African-American candidates just like the hoops the NFL is making the Rams do?

Jauron was already our hc. Haslett was a defensive coordinator. That's the difference. He became an interim head coach, thus putting the rooney rule into effect. The Bills already went through the process, when they first hired Jauron

Jauron was already our hc. Haslett was a defensive coordinator. That's the difference. He became an interim head coach, thus putting the rooney rule into effect. The Bills already went through the process, when they first hired Jauron

Tell me, how is Jauron any more of a head coach than Haslett? And don't say because Haslett is an interim coach because they are doing the exact same job with the exact same goal.

Tell me, how is Jauron any more of a head coach than Haslett? And don't say because Haslett is an interim coach because they are doing the exact same job with the exact same goal.

This is not a hard concept.

When Jauron was hired, Dick went through an interview process.

Haslett did not.

Because again the Bills went thru the tedious process of the Rooney Rule, and decided on Jauron. Giving him a contract. He's been settled into the head coaching job for 3 years. By Rule the Bills do not have to go thru the Rooney process again. Haslett was handed the job, as an on staffer. You can't interview in the middle of the season. Minority coaching candidates. The rams can't give him an extension past this year due to the rule. As I posted in the Hasslett thread. I don't agree with the context in this case. Rules are Rules. :beer:

Because again the Bills went thru the tedious process of the Rooney Rule, and decided on Jauron. Giving him a contract. He's been settled into the head coaching job for 3 years. By Rule the Bills do not have to go thru the Rooney process again. Haslett was handed the job, as an on staffer. You can't interview in the middle of the season. Minority coaching candidates. The rams can't give him an extension past this year due to the rule. As I posted in the Hasslett thread. I don't agree with the context in this case. Rules are Rules. :beer:

That's a pretty concrete train of thought.

Wait, is the NFL going to allow this? Shouldn't we have to interview African-American candidates just like the hoops the NFL is making the Rams do?

the want to know the really messed part about all this...all of the football owners are pissed that the steelers are being given special treatment with the two brothers running the team being affiliated with gambling.the steelers have had two years to fix this.no other team in football besides jerry jones or robert kraft would get special treatment like this.so rooney has the balls to go out and complain to the commissioner about jims contract with the rams?wtf?jim was the defensive coordinator and got promoted.normally in football owners try to promote their coordinators before going outside the organization to hire a head coach.i see nothing wrong with jims contract......maybe the rams should complain and get the ball rolling to strip the rooneys of their ownership of the steelers!.....go bills!

Sorry, Haslett IS an interim head coach and there is a difference. When you fire your coach in the middle of the season, there is not enough time to undergo an interview process so a head coach has to be named on the fly. Jauron interviewed for his HC job, which included Rooney rule candidates, and Haslett did not.

Jauron was hired after a PROPER NFL process. He can continue to be exteneded, basically forever. Haslett was named, in the middle of the season, without going through the proper NFL process.

Did you REALLY not know that?

Ask me before what's gone on this year, and I would've had a wait-and-see approach to DJ and let the contract play out. Right now, I'm OK with giving him another 3 to see where this thing goes now that he's got some solid players. My only problem with him was his reticence to fire Fairchild when it was patently obvious that the dude was failing. He wasted most of a season to give Fairchild a sympathy f--- in the form of a college job. The change to Turk could have happened at the bye last year and we wouldn't've skipped a beat.

On the Haslett situation, if he proves a good fit in STL and it's all but a given that they'll hire him, I'd be surprised if any minority coaches agree to interview, b/c they think it's a token sit-down & a waste of time. That happened on another team and they were fined (I forget how much, but it's considerable), even tho they invited just about every minority candidate they could. IMO, there should be a stipulation for a situation like that which penalizes a team b/c of collusion among candidates. The Rooney Rule was established so more minorities would have to be interviewed, but not that they'd have to be hired. Teams hire a guy based on a lot of factors wrt: fit in the system, rapport with existing staff, credentials / what they've done in the league, all leading to who can win them the most games. Skin color in this day and age has nothing to do with it. Sh--, we're about to elect a black president! Just b/c one guy, like Haslett might have a foot in the door doesn't mean that everyone else's odds are 0; like Gretzky said, "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."

No.

Look below here and below and below and below your post and you'll get your answer. :beer::lol::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

This is not a hard concept.

When Jauron was hired, Dick went through an interview process.

Haslett did not.

It is to him. Not many others but him. :wallbash: