Jauron Extension...

gmanbfan

My problem with Dick continues to be his unwillingness to change or adapt his "base" offense or defense to attack a weakness.

Lets talk the wildcat offense. Why wouldnt you attack the LOS when you see Brown lined up at QB? I would dare him to throw, and attack with the other 9 guys. NO FUGGIN way does that gimmick offense beat me. Dick lines up in his "base" 4-3, with the safety 15 yards downfield. I just want a more aggressive guy who will take more chances.

On offense, he called 3 belly dive plays in a row after we had first and goal from the 4. With the BACKUP rb! then kick the FG. Gutless is what that is, just friggin gutless.

Dick does a great job of preparing his team each week. We are motivated, and almost never come out flat. There are some things I like about him, but I fear we will never win the Superbowl with him at coach. We might, and I certainly hope we get the chance to try.

It's too bad the he can't convert his preparation of the team into Sundays. We've seen it all too often than Jauron makes the safe call, and many times it hurts.

In some ways, DJ is like Gregg Williams, minus the bombastic opinions. Gregg and DJ both wanted to do things their way, especially on defense. Last week, Baltimore blitzed the Wildcat when they lined up in it, but DJ went with his base 4-3 today. This trying to reinvent the wheel is what makes DJ the low caliber coach he is.

I was waiting for a PA pass at the goal line, but alas, they went predictable. Surprise, surprise. You are absolutely right, this failire to depart from the gameplan when it clearly isn't working is alarming, and nothing different than DJ's prior seasons. .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad the he can't convert his preparation of the team into Sundays. We've seen it all too often than Jauron makes the safe call, and many times it hurts.

In some ways, DJ is like Gregg Williams, minus the bombastic opinions. Gregg and DJ both wanted to do things their way, especially on defense. Last week, Baltimore blitzed the Wildcat when they lined up in it, but DJ went with his base 4-3 today. This trying to reinvent the wheel is what makes DJ the low caliber coach he is.

I was waiting for a PA pass at the goal line, but alas, they went predictable. Surprise, surprise. You are absolutely right, this failire to depart from the gameplan when it clearly isn't working is alarming, and nothing different than DJ's prior seasons. .

Very pessimistic approach on assessing Jauron. You pointed out his downside, that he's conservative. He's not trying to reinvent the wheel, and we've done play action on the goal-line, if anything blame Edwards for not audibling out, orSchonert for not giving him the authority to do so.

The players want to win for Dick, he's great at making our incompetent depth players play harder, and in the end with Dick J as our coach it makes me feel more confident that our ship will sail and not sink.

Very pessimistic approach on assessing Jauron. You pointed out his downside, that he's conservative. He's not trying to reinvent the wheel, and we've done play action on the goal-line, if anything blame Edwards for not audibling out, orSchonert for not giving him the authority to do so.

The players want to win for Dick, he's great at making our incompetent depth players play harder, and in the end with Dick J as our coach it makes me feel more confident that our ship will sail and not sink.

Very poor result from a team with clearly more talent on both sides of the ball tha Miami.

We're witnessing in Buffalo much of what happened in Chicago: two bad to mediocre rebuilding seasons in 99 and 00. In the third (2001) plenty of bounces allowed the Bears to go 13-3. So far so good?

I know Buffalo had to give him a contract, you certainly don't want a lame duck HC this late in the season. So they made the deal.

Today, little things finally showed up, as they did in the Arizona game. Soft zone coverage, unimaginative play-calling, lack of talent at positions like C and TE. Playing an injured an experienced vet CB when he was repeatedly victimized.

As bad as Buffalo played today, their coaching was worse. Miami's rookie HC, along with Dan Henning at OC and Paul Pasqualoni at DC outcoached Jauron, Schonert, and Fewell. Just think about that for a moment.

Very poor result from a team with clearly more talent on both sides of the ball tha Miami.

We're witnessing in Buffalo much of what happened in Chicago: two bad to mediocre rebuilding seasons in 99 and 00. In the third (2001) plenty of bounces allowed the Bears to go 13-3. So far so good?

I know Buffalo had to give him a contract, you certainly don't want a lame duck HC this late in the season. So they made the deal.

Today, little things finally showed up, as they did in the Arizona game. Soft zone coverage, unimaginative play-calling, lack of talent at positions like C and TE. Playing an injured an experienced vet CB when he was repeatedly victimized.

As bad as Buffalo played today, their coaching was worse. Miami's rookie HC, along with Dan Henning at OC and Paul Pasqualoni at DC outcoached Jauron, Schonert, and Fewell. Just think about that for a moment.

I never said I liked Fewell. I've said many times in other threads that he can't gameplan. Schonert is an upgrade from Fairchild, but who isn't. I'll give you that all day. But DJ is a Head Coach's Head Coach. He knows what he's doing, and he's not going to freak about a loss like this, and that's another reason why he has to be our man.

no passrush...no DEs...

I never said I liked Fewell. I've said many times in other threads that he can't gameplan. Schonert is an upgrade from Fairchild, but who isn't. I'll give you that all day. But DJ is a Head Coach's Head Coach. He knows what he's doing, and he's not going to freak about a loss like this, and that's another reason why he has to be our man.

Who selects the coordinators? It's none other than DJ. Remember his OC's in Chicago-Shoop and Crowton? Neither are in the NFL anymore. Fairchild's back in the college ranks. Sense a theme here? DJ doesn't find quality coordinators, and never has. Fewell is as unimaginative as his boss is. That's all the evidence I need.

Every DJ proponent needs to go back and review his Chicago years, one game at a time. For a guy with such a poor career record, he's convinced a lot that he's a capable HC.

DJ will never make a good team excellent, but he can make a good team sub-par. Nearly 120 games as a HC have demonstrated that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Who selects the coordinators? It's none other than DJ. Remember his OC's in Chicago-Shoop and Crowton? Neither are in the NFL anymore. Fairchild's back in the college ranks. Sense a theme here? DJ doesn't find quality coordinators, and never has. Fewell is as unimaginative as his boss is. That's all the evidence I need.

Every DJ proponent needs to go back and review his Chicago years, one game at a time. For a guy with such a poor career record, he's convinced a lot that he's a capable HC.

DJ will never make a good team excellent, but he can make a good team sub-par. Nearly 120 games as a HC have demonstrated that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I disagree. I think we're not that fantastic of a team, and he led us to a 4-0 start, won games he needed to win. Now we're going down the stretch here against our divisional opponents, and if we make it through alright, there is no reason to hate on DJ. If we make the playoffs this year, with our team, DJ will have showed me he IS a competent coach. It sounds like you're looking for something to gnaw on, because honestly, our head coach is not responsible for anything but a 5-2 record.

I disagree. I think we're not that fantastic of a team, and he led us to a 4-0 start, won games he needed to win. Now we're going down the stretch here against our divisional opponents, and if we make it through alright, there is no reason to hate on DJ. If we make the playoffs this year, with our team, DJ will have showed me he IS a competent coach. It sounds like you're looking for something to gnaw on, because honestly, our head coach is not responsible for anything but a 5-2 record.

Any credibility you have is lost with that post.

That's interesting. Six games ago, almost everyone was saying this is a "make or break year for Jauron." I guess the verdict is "make."

I agree.

That's interesting. Six games ago, almost everyone was saying this is a "make or break year for Jauron." I guess the verdict is "make."

I agree.

I agree if he could do that the team wouldn't be 2-5 so far. :sick:

Exactly. The Bills are a good team but not great yet. Hopefully FA and the draft in the offseason will provide the missing pieces.

Haha, why?

He doesn't know a whole lot.