Any worries about Trent

BeastMode54

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people on the board last year complained about how he couldn't handle adverse weather. Do people fel differently now?

The Old Farmers Almanac specifically said "No once in a career blizzards or monsoons are projected for Bills games for the next 10 years." :ph34r:

Until I see him do it a couple of times, I will have some doubts. I believe he CAN and WILL do it. I need to see him do it, though.

I'm guessing the confidence he is gaining, from this season, will help. Hopefully, he'll give it a go without the gloves, in practice outside in the cold/rain/snow whatever. The coaches will be doing him no favors by keeping all the practices inside in bad weather, IMO.

people on the board last year complained about how he couldn't handle adverse weather. Do people fel differently now?

A couple of less than average games should not label Trent as a fair-weather QB. Geez, the guy was a friggin' rookie with what, 4 or 5 starts under his belt. First times in WNY wind-whipped stadium and a hostile Cleveland stadium in terrible weather.

We play New England Dec 28. Unless NY and Denver offer up similar conditions to last years' games, there's a small chance that Edwards will have to face similar weather. It could happen, but chance are slim.

If you look back at the Bills games over the past several years, I don't think they've played more than a couple of games in bad winter weather conditions. In fact, The Ralph has hosted some downright balmy December games recently.

It was unusual to have 2 games like that last year.

I'm not worried.

Until I see him do it a couple of times, I will have some doubts. I believe he CAN and WILL do it. I need to see him do it, though.

I'm guessing the confidence he is gaining, from this season, will help. Hopefully, he'll give it a go without the gloves, in practice outside in the cold/rain/snow whatever. The coaches will be doing him no favors by keeping all the practices inside in bad weather, IMO.

ditto, deano - we'll know soon enough

(maybe the jets game - the white stuff's supposed to start flying this week)

What adverse weather??? The electrical power was out but the skies were blue. Hasn't yet proved that he can play in adverse weather. And those of us who have been in that statium know how tricky the winds and cold, and sleet, and snow can be.

ditto, deano - we'll know soon enough

(maybe the jets game - the white stuff's supposed to start flying this week)

Thought it was going to this afternoon. High 30's, wind, and rain ... and me on the sideline at a high school soccer game.

I'm still shivering.

Well---we'll see. My guess is that his great play so far will give him the confidence to play better in the snow.-He already has improved greatly from last years red zone wimpiness . No reason to believe that his snow performance won't be better.

Well i was one of those people who said that and this year i am much more confident in Trent and feel as long as he is on the field we have a chnce to win. That being siad the cold weather thing is still a concern for me but not as much. I hope he can be effective in the cold and not seeing it last year and beginining to realize he was gonna be our quarterback of the future.... in Buffalo, worried me. It the same thing with getting respect from people on ESPN until he proves otherwise its gonna worry me. But i do feel pretty confident it wont be a concern

I think it's fair to worry until he faces some snow / rain / cold / ice and shows he can handle it. I think Trent's a really great pickup, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but to all those proclaiming "Franchise QB!" with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads, just think - Carson Palmer. Even one season does not a franchise QB make.

Again, not trying to be negative, just trying to temper some of the enthusiasm on the board.

Again, not trying to be negative, just trying to temper some of the enthusiasm on the board.

Don't you dare. :bag:

Sorry, but I do throw out the Cleveland game. Chuck Pollock, who has covered the team for 36 years, called that the worst "weather" game he'd ever seen, topping the 50-mph wind/rain that helped Joe Namath go 2-for-25 in September 1974.

The Giants game, on the other hand ... It wasn't exactly nice, but I've sat through worse up there. I will note that Manning was also having major problems throwing the ball in those conditions, but it didn't matter because the Bills couldn't stop the run. If Eli had been forced to throw in the second half, I suspect those passes might have looked similar to Trent's.

But you and keepthefaith have it right: until Edwards proves he can do it, people will wonder and worry. That's natural.