PTI throws Trent out there for MVP consideration.

Lv-Bills

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is zero basis for wanting rodgers over edwards. the "cold weather" theory is silly since rodgers hasn't played in cold weather and edwards had to play in a steve fairchild offense.

december is about running the ball and the great bills teams always ran the ball well.

Great stat from ESPN:

Trent Edwards BUF 25/30 261 1 0 168 164 390

Edwards came off a concussion and was successful (50 percent of needed yardage or more) on every single first down. Edwards was 10-of-10 on first down for 124 yards, six first downs and a touchdown.

When you get 5+ yards on 1st down, it allows you to do play action on 2nd down and also keeps the drive alive with manageable 3rd downs.....

ESPN Linky

Another interesting snippett

Even a veteran like Kansas City TE Tony Gonzalez showed that he had something to play for -- pride -- as his teammates gave up around him and laughed off another loss.

jennings and/or driver better than evans??? are you guys serious?? you could make a better case of rodgers over edwards (which is almost as asinine)

i'm constantly amazed at why so many people sell lee short - luckily the front office didn't

jennings and/or driver better than evans??? are you guys serious?? you could make a better case of rodgers over edwards (which is almost as asinine)

i'm constantly amazed at why so many people sell lee short - luckily the front office didn't

Are you serious is the question: How can you claim Evans to be above and beyond Jennings? I love Evans, but Jennings is just as good. Here are the stats for their careers

Jennings: 3.97 catches per game, 65.8 ypg, 16.6 ypc, .56 tds per game

Evans: 3.67 catches per game, 60.7 ypg, 16.5 ypc, .46 tds per game

Jennings is better is every major statistical category, so to say Evans is so much better and that its not even close is absurd. Personally, I love Evans, but to say he is hands down better than Jennings is just rediculous. Jennings does nothing buy make plays and get open. He is also a threat for the big play and has great instincts and hands.

They are both great players...and the point in question was which Duo was better...Jennings/Driver or Evans/Reed...given the equality of Evans and Jennings, you really have to compare Driver and Reed...this is hands down Driver. I like Reed, but Driver has been a true #1 most of his career while Reed struggles to stay in the lineup and wasnt even a certainty to make the roster cuts this year.

Are you serious is the question: How can you claim Evans to be above and beyond Jennings? I love Evans, but Jennings is just as good. Here are the stats for their careers

Jennings: 3.97 catches per game, 65.8 ypg, 16.6 ypc, .56 tds per game

Evans: 3.67 catches per game, 60.7 ypg, 16.5 ypc, .46 tds per game

Jennings is better is every major statistical category, so to say Evans is so much better and that its not even close is absurd. Personally, I love Evans, but to say he is hands down better than Jennings is just rediculous. Jennings does nothing buy make plays and get open. He is also a threat for the big play and has great instincts and hands.

They are both great players...and the point in question was which Duo was better...Jennings/Driver or Evans/Reed...given the equality of Evans and Jennings, you really have to compare Driver and Reed...this is hands down Driver. I like Reed, but Driver has been a true #1 most of his career while Reed struggles to stay in the lineup and wasnt even a certainty to make the roster cuts this year.

Evans was a product of a not-so effective Offensive Coordinator, and even this year does not receive many catches.

Jennings benefited of a pass-happy Favre who tried his best to pile on stats to what he thought was the end his career.

If Evans spent his career with GB, you wouldn't be able to compare the stats. I agree with the other poster, why do you keep selling Evans short?

Evans was a product of a not-so effective Offensive Coordinator, and even this year does not receive many catches.

Jennings benefited of a pass-happy Favre who tried his best to pile on stats to what he thought was the end his career.

If Evans spent his career with GB, you wouldn't be able to compare the stats. I agree with the other poster, why do you keep selling Evans short?

Thats just it, how am I selling Evans short? I never sold Evans short, not one time, I love Evans and I am glad we locked him up long term. That being said, currently Evans is not the best WR in football, he is arguably top 10 or 15 with potential to be amongst the Elite. Jennings is right there with him. Thats my whole point...the other posters are trying to say Evans far exceeds Jennings.

I said I love Evans and think hes a great WR...that doesnt mean Jennings cant be a great WR too...just because Jennings isnt a Bill doesnt mean he isnt a top WR. The guy can flat out play and if you ever watch the games, he gets seperation better than Lee and always seems open. Lee's game is different, doesnt make him worse or better. I said in ever post they are about even.

And Evans numbers wouldnt have been much better there as Driver was the #1 there when Farve was there and mainly they have depth and spread the ball around. Plus Jennings missed a chunk of the season with an injury.

Thats just it, how am I selling Evans short? I never sold Evans short, not one time, I love Evans and I am glad we locked him up long term. That being said, currently Evans is not the best WR in football, he is arguably top 10 or 15 with potential to be amongst the Elite. Jennings is right there with him. Thats my whole point...the other posters are trying to say Evans far exceeds Jennings.

I said I love Evans and think hes a great WR...that doesnt mean Jennings cant be a great WR too...just because Jennings isnt a Bill doesnt mean he isnt a top WR. The guy can flat out play and if you ever watch the games, he gets seperation better than Lee and always seems open. Lee's game is different, doesnt make him worse or better. I said in ever post they are about even.

And Evans numbers wouldnt have been much better there as Driver was the #1 there when Farve was there and mainly they have depth and spread the ball around. Plus Jennings missed a chunk of the season with an injury.

Oh BTW your forgetting to mention Evans has had to deal with below average quarterbacking with Jp Losman.You put Favre on the Bills and Evans would be a All-Pro reciever no doubt about it.Put Jp Losman on the Packers and watch as Greg Jennings stats go over the cliff as Lee had to endure.