Why oh why has no one asked why oh why

Beerball

b

I am so with you on that one. I never will understand why Ralphy or his hand-picked GMs will bet the farm on some guy with a "high motor" and potential, while letting a true stud leave town.

Winfield and Williams - I live in MN and my friends here that watch the Vikes always have to remind me how much they appreciate their farm team in Buffalo.

I forget, was that Donahoe's brilliant idea?

Letting Pat williams go was the biggest blunder of the Donahoe era. It has set us back years because those big run stuffing DT's are hard to find. Marcus Stroud is a band-aid and not the caliber player Williams is. He liked playing for the Bills but Donahoe low-balled him and thought he could be replaced using Ron Edwards. ;):lol::lol:

Oh, there was a time around here where some questioned the move. Of course, for those few who dared speak out, they were quickly beat down by the experts as traitors, under the guise that Pat was too old and too expensive. This was how many years ago now?

Wasn't me... Pat worked his a$$ off after they let Ted Washington go to try to carry a subpar defense on his shoulders.

Do you remember "the package" Ted and Pat in the middle. NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE ran on us period....memories

Letting Pat williams go was the biggest blunder of the Donahoe era. It has set us back years because those big run stuffing DT's are hard to find. Marcus Stroud is a band-aid and not the caliber player Williams is. He liked playing for the Bills but Donahoe low-balled him and thought he could be replaced using Ron Edwards. ;):lol::lol:

amen

Oh, there was a time around here where some questioned the move. Of course, for those few who dared speak out, they were quickly beat down by the experts as traitors, under the guise that Pat was too old and too expensive. This was how many years ago now?

I don't know if that's necessarily true.

It was one of the few times I gave Donahoe flak about a personell move and I don't remember catching much flak for my opinion.

Now Bledsoe on the other hand....... ;)

They would have been better off replacing him with Opie.*

*Opie was played by Ron Howard, for the youngins here.

i don't remember the failure to sign Pat Williams as very popular. At most people were willing to give Donahoe the benefit of the doubt, but he certainly proved not to deserve it.

Exactly right. Everyone's a genius after the fact. Hindsight is funny that way, huh? BTW, Winfield wanted top corner money when his rookie contract was up. Although he could hit with the best of them, the guy couldn't catch a cold.

Wasn't me... Pat worked his a$$ off after they let Ted Washington go to try to carry a subpar defense on his shoulders.

Do you remember "the package" Ted and Pat in the middle. NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE ran on us period....memories

Yes, "The Package" was great. Still can't believe they split those guys up.

700 + lbs of beef right in the middle.

Exactly right. Everyone's a genius after the fact. Hindsight is funny that way, huh? BTW, Winfield wanted top corner money when his rookie contract was up. Although he could hit with the best of them, the guy couldn't catch a cold.

I think that was still Donahoe's honeymoon period when everybody was accepting the words of the talking heads who all touted him as a great hire that had been forced out of Pittsburgh by the evil Cowher.

I felt really great about the Bledsoe trade too. :nana:

Yes, "The Package" was great. Still can't believe they split those guys up.

700 + lbs of beef right in the middle.

...it must have been good being a safety/ lber then... (now if i can only do that rippling thingey like in the movies when they have a flashback :nana: )

Some may have been willing to accept it grudgingly (yeah, like what could a peasant fan do about it anyway?), because the Bills had a pretty good track record of letting guys go shortly before they started declining.

God, and to think Pat actually expressed the desire to remain here...:nana::doh: :doh: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Marcus Stroud is a band-aid and not the caliber player Williams is.

Not to take anything away from Big Pat, but I am not so sure about the above. PW played next to some great DTs in Buffalo and Minny. On the Bills, the best DT that Stroud plays next to is Kyle Williams. That has to count for something.

Yeah, imo Stroud can at least hold his own with Pat Williams.

Not to take anything away from Big Pat, but I am not so sure about the above. PW played next to some great DTs in Buffalo and Minny. On the Bills, the best DT that Stroud plays next to is Kyle Williams. That has to count for something.

Yeah, imo Stroud can at least hold his own with Pat Williams.

I would love to have them both at the same time......

I always liked Winfield more than Clements and I still think Whitey should have signed Winfield to a long term contract and either let Clements walk or franchise him for a year or so(if they were ready to make a run).

If so, we wouldn't have drafted 3 CB's this year. :D