Why oh why did we let go of Mark Campbell?

ofiba

I just saw him catch a pass and he did not put the ball in one hand and helicopter spin his arms around until the ball came out.

Was his knee about to explode while his leg was 10 degrees from snapping in half?

Was his knee about to explode while his leg was 10 degrees from snapping in half?

No, but then Campbell has the kind of body control you expect from a backup skill player at the NFL level. Royal on the other hand is an awkward, clumsy oaf in the open field. Royal is probably the starting TE in the NFL most likley to pull an unnecessary "Sage Rosenfels" and cough up the ball. The guy is all arms and legs, and no clue where they are going. In his defense, he has always been a liability in the passing game, but for some reason the Bills incorrectly evaluated him in free agency, thinking he was an untapped talent(it bears noting that this is the same team that evaluated Kevin Everitt and thought HE could be a good NFL TE). Now that their prize young QB has suffered a very bad concussion on a safety blitz, perhaps they will start thinking about protecting him above all else by getting him a good TE to occupy those safeties and provide a quick reliable target.

No, but then Campbell has the kind of body control you expect from a backup skill player at the NFL level. Royal on the other hand is an awkward, clumsy oaf in the open field.....The guy is all arms and legs, and no clue where they are going.

No arguing that he is a human pinwheel. Kinda like one of those cartoon fights with a cloud of dust and an arm and a leg popping out here and there.

I just think he gets way too much grief when you consider the tremendous job he does around the LOS. The calls to cut him are beyond absurd. I don't think there's any doubt the Bills need to add a legitimate athlete to be a receiving threat at TE, but I'd be annoyed if they dropped one of their most physical players and team leaders just because he's a defacto OLineman who doesn't happen to play smooth.

I just saw him catch a pass and he did not put the ball in one hand and helicopter spin his arms around until the ball came out.

Wow, how bad is our TE situation if posters are pining for Mark Campbell??? We need a stud TE for this offense to really become a big time unit.

An ideal situation would have been to draft a TE with big time recieving potential to pair up with Royal in the 2nd round this year, but we also needed a tall reciever just as bad so what's a brother gonna do? Hopefully next year, again and again and again and again and again and again................

An ideal situation would have been to draft a TE with big time recieving potential to pair up with Royal in the 2nd round this year, but we also needed a tall reciever just as bad so what's a brother gonna do? Hopefully next year, again and again and again and again and again and again................

I agree, we need a big TE with speed to address the middle of the field. Sadly, I think we just described Kevin Everett.

I agree, we need a big TE with speed to address the middle of the field. Sadly, I think we just described Kevin Everett.

Ok, you might want to add in one that could stay on the field and play, that eliminates him now (and that is not a comment or joke about his last injury, it has nothing to do with it)

Everett was injury prone and couldn't stay on the field long enough for the Bills to be able to see what they had in him

Now that their prize young QB has suffered a very bad concussion on a safety blitz, perhaps they will start thinking about protecting him above all else by getting him a good TE to occupy those safeties and provide a quick reliable target.

I'm not seeing how Robert Royal's inadequacies had any causal effect on Edwards' concussion, particularly when the play was a successful quick and short pass ...

I still wish we would have got Rucker last year in the draft.....but he went 2nd round right? Meaning we may not have got Hardy.

Rucker went in the early 4th to Cleveland who traded up for him. I remember being dissapointed about this, thinking it was only 3-4 more picks till rucker was ours. It was disheartening to see the Cowboys end up with Martellus Bennett, The Skins get Fred Davis, and the Browns get Martin Rucker. When all 3 teams already have elite receiving te's. Meanwhile the Bills end up with Derek Fine, and have to rely on Robert Royal and Derek Schouman. I give up on ever expecting the Bills to catch up with the NFL trend of receiving te's.

Rucker went in the early 4th to Cleveland who traded up for him. I remember being dissapointed about this, thinking it was only 3-4 more picks till rucker was ours. It was disheartening to see the Cowboys end up with Martellus Bennett, The Skins get Fred Davis, and the Browns get Martin Rucker. When all 3 teams already have elite receiving te's. Meanwhile the Bills end up with Derek Fine, and have to rely on Robert Royal and Derek Schouman. I give up on ever expecting the Bills to catch up with the NFL trend of receiving te's.

Have you seen Martellus Bennett on the Hard knock show? The guy could care less about what the coach is telling him, like hes there to be his baby sitter. I heard he was lazy in college and they pretty much proved it on the show.

Have you seen Martellus Bennett on the Hard knock show? The guy could care less about what the coach is telling him, like hes there to be his baby sitter. I heard he was lazy in college and they pretty much proved it on the show.

Nope can't say I saw it. All I'm looking for to be an honest is any kind of threat at the position. Especially short yardage redzone. A Safety outlet. Someone to split the seems. Bennett did rely on his athletic ability in college quite a bit, and yeah his lack of maturity could hurt him in the pros. Still would've been a potential upgrade to the Bills te situation. Sometimes teams need to take a risk on certain players. We did such with James Hardy. Royal is a nice blocker, who like he was in Washington is best served as a #2 te. Never saw derek fine play, and derek schouman seems to have butter hands.