Is Trent alive? Haven't heard any updates.

CJPearl2

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: By no means is this meant to influence anyone's hopes with respect to Trent Edwards concussion, but after the game Trent was smiling and conversing with family members that attended the game before boarding the team bus for the airport, and posed for a few pictures.

It's worse than we thought. I have insider information that in fact none of Trent's family attended that game.

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:03 AM ET | Link

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: By no means is this meant to influence anyone's hopes with respect to Trent Edwards concussion, but after the game Trent was smiling and conversing with family members that attended the game before boarding the team bus for the airport, and posed for a few pictures.

So, he was faking it? Just to set JP up for the loss?

It's worse than we thought. I have insider information that in fact none of Trent's family attended that game.

We met a woman at the hotel this morning, she was a friend of Trents family, worked with Trents mother. She said the trainers told them that they had seen worse, and he traveled with the team home to Buffalo and as long as he doesn't have any migranes or side effects, he should be good to go.

We met a woman at the hotel this morning, she was a friend of Trents family, worked with Trents mother. She said the trainers told them that they had seen worse, and he traveled with the team home to Buffalo and as long as he doesn't have any migranes or side effects, he should be good to go.

Yeah but I also heard that upon landing Trent asked to be taken to see the Eifel Tower. Dude's !@#$ed...

What happened? Why are they not friends anymore?

no news is good news - it was reported on local news that he was at the stadium for a few mins. He has to appear to have normal brain functions for 7 days.(leaves most of you out) Then pass the NFL test before he can return to the field. He'll be ready in my opinion. Thank GOD we have the bye week.

no news is good news - it was reported on local news that he was at the stadium for a few mins. He has to appear to have normal brain functions for 7 days.(leaves most of you out) Then pass the NFL test before he can return to the field. He'll be ready in my opinion. Thank GOD we have the bye week.

Ha!

One point worth considering- Buffalo pro sports teams' medical staff have had a lot of wonderful press the last couple seasons for life saving emergency treatment. So figure them to be extra cautious in Trent's recovery.

As #89 says, "Thank GOD we have the bye week!"

I've read a couple folks talk about a player having to be symptom free for X days before they can return to play (and I thought that was the 'rule' too). Apparently teams are free to set their own guidelines.

The NFL leaves it up to the discretion of a team's medical staff to determine when a player can resume practicing or playing after sustaining a concussion. The only rule is that a player who loses consciousness would not be allowed to return in the same game or practice.

That differs from the NHL, which requires a player to be symptom-free for seven days before being cleared for practice.

Some guy named Graham

I've read a couple folks talk about a player having to be symptom free for X days before they can return to play (and I thought that was the 'rule' too). Apparently teams are free to set their own guidelines.

Some guy named Graham

I was one of the ones mentioning the symptom free thing, I thought it was the same accross all sports, Guess I was wrong

I think we all hope so, but concussions are not easy to get a read on and give a recovery time on, especially if you have had them before in the past

I would say that it was a good time for the Bye week as it is more then likely that he will be ready because they have the extra week. If they played next week, I would say that theres about a 95% chance he wouldn't play

I was one of the ones mentioning the symptom free thing, I thought it was the same accross all sports, Guess I was wrong

Not sure how the Graham link reads, espn is blocked here at work. But this is from the Buffalo News:

The National Football League does not have strict guidelines when dealing with concussions, unlike the National Hockey League. In the NHL, players are strongly urged to be symptom-free for seven days before practicing. The NFL has no such time minimums for head injuries but recommends players are asymptomatic before returning to play. The decision is left to medical staffs of each team.

On a side note, I can't believe there has not been one "I had a concussion in high school and yada, yada, yada" posts yet.