Kiffin Gone

Wacka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What could Davis' argument be for not paying Kiffin? Since the end of last season, Davis has done everything he can to provoke Kiffin into resigning -- and no dice.

Davis just gets off on being a prick. Did something similar to Shanahan.

the most interesting thing i have heard all morning is that kiffin is fired and Davis does NOT plan on honoring the rest of his contract.

how does he get away with that?!?!

He won't. He'll either negotiate a settlement or it will go to court.

Crazy Al is back, and in rare form. It's getting to the point where he's going to have a hard time filling his coaching positions, even in the ultra-confident, "I-can-turn-this-around" mind set of most coaches.

I guess Crazy Al's title is "Managing General Partner" - maybe the rest of the partners can vote him out?

the most interesting thing i have heard all morning is that kiffin is fired and Davis does NOT plan on honoring the rest of his contract.

how does he get away with that?!?!

Ralph tried this with Wade & it didn't work.

When they get to court, Davis will say he was fired for insubordination. When Davis is asked his definition of insubordination and he says that Kiffen wouldn't sign a letter of resignation after he demanded he do so, the judge will not only rule in Kiffin's favor, but will make Davis pay all court costs and attorney fees as well.

If Wade's situation is any guide, I presume that this will go to arbitration rather than court (I seem to recall that there was an arbitration clause). I would expect Kiffin to win (as he should). The only thing that concerns me is Davis probably has everything bugged in the Raiders office. Who know what may be on tape.

This is a response to Pete Prisco's article about the firing:

September 30, 2008 3:45

Pete Carroll for coach...The guy has already proven he is a coaching genius...he's done all he can do at USC...he's already a big name in the bay area...if Davis agreed to give him full control, Carroll may have to jump on it. In the college game, the top is always chaning. USC has had its run, this would be the prime time for Carroll to get back in to the NFL.

Guess they have crayonz munchers in CA. as well.

Prisco does say that Kiffin was hated in Jacksonville (Q control coach) and Norm Chow has nothing good to say about him. Could be he and Al deserved each other?

Prisco linky

Al is making some pretty fierce statements in his press conference, claiming Kiffin was trying to get fired, lying to players, lying to the media, lying to the owner, etc.

Gettin' after him, eh? Well, I can't claim to speak of Kiffin's character - and not being there, who's really to say?

That said, we do know Al Davis...

Al is making some pretty fierce statements in his press conference, claiming Kiffin was trying to get fired, lying to players, lying to the media, lying to the owner, etc.

Why does he feel the need to air all these grievances on national TV? One reason, and one reason only - to keep from having to pay Kiffin. You sign the man to a contract, and fire him early? Pay the man.

First he "sends" the warning letter to Kiffin. Three seconds later, he "hand delivers" the letter to Kiffin. Five seconds later he "Fed-exs" the letter to Kiffin? Al's old brain can't keep up with his new fangled lies.

I truly feel bad for Kiffin.

I thought Al did a pretty good job in the press conference. He showed passion and was pretty articulate. I was on Lane's side prior to this, but now am on Al's side.

I believe he held this conference because he really did want to stay out of Lane's face, and looked like and a$$ by not doing something about this stuff earlier. Now he wanted to clear the air and give his side, which I actually believe.

Like Al said, if he didn't believe he would win the case against Kiffin, he wouldn't have done it. With Al's track record, I don't think Kiffin is getting paid.

Also, Kudo's to Al for calling out Mortenson and calling him a liar! Loved it.

Good read: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/30/...opaganda-lying/

Why does he feel the need to air all these grievances on national TV? One reason, and one reason only - to keep from having to pay Kiffin. You sign the man to a contract, and fire him early? Pay the man.

First he "sends" the warning letter to Kiffin. Three seconds later, he "hand delivers" the letter to Kiffin. Five seconds later he "Fed-exs" the letter to Kiffin? Al's old brain can't keep up with his new fangled lies.

I truly feel bad for Kiffin.

I don't feel bad for Kiffin at all now. Al laid out a pretty good case for firing him for cause. Even basically said he lost the Bills game on purpose taking those timeouts with him.

Ralph tried this with Wade & it didn't work.

When they get to court, Davis will say he was fired for insubordination. When Davis is asked his definition of insubordination and he says that Kiffen wouldn't sign a letter of resignation after he demanded he do so, the judge will not only rule in Kiffin's favor, but will make Davis pay all court costs and attorney fees as well.

Nope, that was different. Kiffin wants coaches replaced to IMPROVE the team; Wade refused to make changes for purely political reasons even tho said changes WOULD'VE improved the team.

Wade was justly fired for being stupid as f*ck. Ronnie Jones must give excellent head and/or is a helluva power bottom.

I don't feel bad for Kiffin at all now. Al laid out a pretty good case for firing him for cause. Even basically said he lost the Bills game on purpose taking those timeouts with him.

Having Al Davis call somebody else a "Professional Liar" is just too much. I've watched Al Davis my whole life since my father was a Raider fan. I've watched his Oakland, LA, Oakland move. In each case all kinds of things went wrong, but it was never Al Davis's fault. Poor Mr. Davis was always a victim of other people not living up to what Al Davis said they were going to.

There is a reason Al Davis doesn't like written contracts, he is a lifetime liar and an amazingly skilled one. I especially think he gets his rocks off by telling lies in the courtroom.

Al Davis is a loathsome slug, and I'm enjoying watching his years of crap come home to roost.

I think that Kiffin got the Raiders to play competitively this year, and better than they did last year. No small feat, as they looked horrible they've been over the last few years.

Having Al Davis call somebody else a "Professional Liar" is just too much. I've watched Al Davis my whole life since my father was a Raider fan. I've watched his Oakland, LA, Oakland move. In each case all kinds of things went wrong, but it was never Al Davis's fault. Poor Mr. Davis was always a victim of other people not living up to what Al Davis said they were going to.

There is a reason Al Davis doesn't like written contracts, he is a lifetime liar and an amazingly skilled one. I especially think he gets his rocks off by telling lies in the courtroom.

Al Davis is a loathsome slug, and I'm enjoying watching his years of crap come home to roost.

I think that Kiffin got the Raiders to play competitively this year, and better than they did last year. No small feat, as they looked horrible they've been over the last few years.

If half the stuff Al alleged took place behind the scenes happened, Kiffin deserved to be fired for cause, regardless of how they performed on the field. I don't think Kiffin sees another dime from Al.

Your first mistake would be to believe Davis isn't lying every time his lips move ...

And the winner of the "next Raiders HC to be fired" lottery is ... Tom Cable ? Really?

Yup. They said on ESPN that there is a coaches union and that there will most likely be a fight for the remainder of Kiffin's salary. I dont see how Davis' breach of contract will hold up in court, and Kiffin should see his money.

On an ESPN interview with Lane, is was noted that Shanny has yet to see his money. I agree that it should be a slam dunk, but it is easy to stretch these things out in litigation, as long as you don't mind paying your lawyers more than you owe the coach.

One question re: an earlier post. It was mentioned that Al was mad at Lane for trading Moss, I think. Lane isn't the GM. I don't think he makes trades.

Davis is the Crypt Keeper. Goodell really needs to set his ass straight.