Kiffin Gone

Wacka

On an ESPN interview with Lane, is was noted that Shanny has yet to see his money. I agree that it should be a slam dunk, but it is easy to stretch these things out in litigation, as long as you don't mind paying your lawyers more than you owe the coach.

One question re: an earlier post. It was mentioned that Al was mad at Lane for trading Moss, I think. Lane isn't the GM. I don't think he makes trades.

Davis is the Crypt Keeper. Goodell really needs to set his ass straight.

Al Davis has become a complete parody of himself. This kind of crap worked back in the 60's, maybe the 70's but not today. The guy is a litiguous jerk who likes to spend his money trying to bully people around with the legal system when they don't give him his way or when things don't work out how he wants them to.

The fact that he went on TV to make his case against Kiffin should tell you all you need to know. If he really had a case, he wouldn't need to try and win it in the court of public opinion, where too many people believe anything they hear. The man has absolutely no class or dignity whatsoever.

Yeah, he didn't want to admit he made a mistake in hiring. He didn't want to admit that if he wanted a yes man, that he was going to be out $4 Mil to get him. He's been trying to get Kiffin to quit ever since. Good for you Lane. You wouldn't be intimidated into giving up the cash, so now he's going to run a smear campaign to weasel out of his deal with you.

Al Davis is a freakin' joke. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Davis has become a complete parody of himself. This kind of crap worked back in the 60's, maybe the 70's but not today. The guy is a litiguous jerk who likes to spend his money trying to bully people around with the legal system when they don't give him his way or when things don't work out how he wants them to.

The fact that he went on TV to make his case against Kiffin should tell you all you need to know. If he really had a case, he wouldn't need to try and win it in the court of public opinion, where too many people believe anything they hear. The man has absolutely no class or dignity whatsoever.

Yeah, he didn't want to admit he made a mistake in hiring. He didn't want to admit that if he wanted a yes man, that he was going to be out $4 Mil to get him. He's been trying to get Kiffin to quit ever since. Good for you Lane. You wouldn't be intimidated into giving up the cash, so now he's going to run a smear campaign to weasel out of his deal with you.

Al Davis is a freakin' joke. :lol:

Exactly!

Watching the press conference, I sat there thinking "why isn't anyone (with the Raiders) stepping in to shut Al up?"

He made himself look like the arrogant fool that he is, IMO

Exactly!

Watching the press conference, I sat there thinking "why isn't anyone (with the Raiders) stepping in to shut Al up?"

That press conference was a cringe from start to finish. What a douche.

I hope Kiffin goes on to much greener pastures.

Exactly!

Because he'll fire them too.

I was listening to some late-night sports-talk radio show at about 3:30 AM this morning, and they played a clip from the press conference that was absolutely precious.

Al asks his lackeys who is going to introduce Cable as the new head coach. When someone suggests that he should he says (paraphrased from memory): "I don't know anything about him." There's some additonal discussion, and he says (again, paraphrased from memory): "Well get me his press package." Presumably so he can at least say something about him!

What a freakin' tool! He doesn't know anything about the new guy he is hiring as his new interim coach??

Say what you will about Ralph and his various gaffs over the years, but thank GOD he's not Al Davis! I'm surprised someone from Raider Nation hasn't just bumped this guy off so someone who is at least sane and has a few brain cells left can take over the team!