A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) The sack was not the only good play by Whitner. One has to admire his tenacity, coordination and technique.

2) I was screaming when Jauron refused the penalty to push the Rams back to 3rd and very long on their own 10. It worked perfectly; the Bills came away with a good punt return and a 3. WTF was I thinking?

3) Peters was sloppy. OK, he didn't play that well at all, but Walker was getting flat out beat. I refuse to kill the mood and talk about Fowler.

4) Forgive me Simon. You are a true football expert, but the Bills need some sacks off the edge from the DEs. Kyle Williams looks good, but he shouldn't be our top pass rushing lineman.

5) I have a confession to make. At the half, I was all set to blast Schonert for staying too long with Hardy, who obviously needs more work with Trent. Edwards's obvious strength is pin point accuracy. Hardy, at his size, seems well suited for broken route "Culpepper style" passes. It will take them some time to get this together imo. After the half, Turk ordered them to run the football, and the rest of the pieces fell into place. So Turk, in addition to my apology, please accept my BIG TIME KUDOS!!!!! That Sir, was some great coaching.

6) I want to hear something about extending the contract of Evans, and I want to hear it soon!!!

7) Gotta love george Wilson on special teams.

8) Don't look now, but Poz might be on his way to the Pro Bowl.

9) What can I say about Trent? He is just a freaking kid and he won on the road, this while getting his ass handed to him.

10) Lynch is one of the biggest competitors I have ever seen in my lifetime of watching sports. He risks his entire future for 1 yard.

11) Congrats Bills Fans!!!!! Nobody deserves this more than us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) The sack was not the only good play by Whitner. One has to admire his tenacity, coordination and technique.

2) I was screaming when Jauron refused the penalty to push the Rams back to 3rd and very long on their own 10. It worked perfectly; the Bills came away with a good punt return and a 3. WTF was I thinking?

3) Peters was sloppy. OK, he didn't play that well at all, but Walker was getting flat out beat. I refuse to kill the mood and talk about Fowler.

4) Forgive me Simon. You are a true football expert, but the Bills need some sacks off the edge from the DEs. Kyle Williams looks good, but he shouldn't be our top pass rushing lineman.

5) I have a confession to make. At the half, I was all set to blast Schonert for staying too long with Hardy, who obviously needs more work with Trent. Edwards's obvious strength is pin point accuracy. Hardy, at his size, seems well suited for broken route "Culpepper style" passes. It will take them some time to get this together imo. After the half, Turk ordered them to run the football, and the rest of the pieces fell into place. So Turk, in addition to my apology, please accept my BIG TIME KUDOS!!!!! That Sir, was some great coaching.

6) I want to hear something about extending the contract of Evans, and I want to hear it soon!!!

9) What can I say about Trent? He is just a freaking kid and he won on the road, this while getting his ass handed to him.

10) Lynch is one of the biggest competitors I have ever seen in my lifetime of watching sports. He risks his entire future for 1 yard.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good points. Lee better get a new contract. He is a flat out player for us and helped put this game away with that perfect throw and catch in the fourth quarter. You were right on about the O-Line. Peters was average and Walker was getting eaten alive by Little. Absolutely got mauled at critical points in the first half. Yet, in the second half, the O-Line did look much better and much more cohesive. These slow starts are going to kill us eventually if they continue, but hopefully that will stop with time. The bye week should be a time for us to work on that.

The only thing I disagree with, but only slightly, was the pressure of the D-Line. There has been pressure from the outside. Kelsay was a huge part of the reason that Trent Green threw that pick in the fourth quarter. His pressure from the left side of the D-Line forced Green to make a bad throw. Schobel was in on a number of hurries that resulted in bad throws, and part of the reason that Williams, Johnson and Stroud are able to get pressure up the middle is that Schobel gets doubled on a lot of plays. The tight end that would otherwise be out in a pattern often has to stay home and pick up Schobel. He doesn't have a lot of stats, but he has been disruptive. Not as good as I would hope, but solid enough.

Kudos to the defense...Jackson had 98 yards rushing in the 1st half. He only had 12 more yards the rest of the game....Great half time adjustment to take the game away from Jackson and put it in the hands of Trent Green and the game was over.

Great throw by Edwards to close out the game with the TD to Evans.

This is the biggest issue for me about this team right now. The O-Line is playing well in the Fourth Quarter when their backs are against the wall, but they are going to have to be better in the running game early on. The O-Line is really going to have to be on their game this week and Peters is going to have a lot of work next week to keep that blind side protected. Not having Boldin on offense will hurt them, but Buffalo has a tougher opponent this coming week than we have since the Jax game. Also note, the Raiders looked good today against the Chargers, even though they again relinquished the lead in the Fourth Quarter.

Like many people around here, I enjoy and look forward to your game summaries. These are the points that I agree with the most.

- Let's definitely sign Evans quickly.

- I think this was Poz's best game yet.

- Trent is the man. Where are all of the haters now? Those who couldn't stand the word poise and referred to Edwards supporters as "ballwashers". You guys know who you are. :rolleyes:

- Lynch is a beast! It's incredible how he can churn out a 4 or 5 yard gain out of nothing.

- We ARE long overdue for a great season!!!!

Once again another good post. The thing you said for #2 was funny and honest. I was thinking at the time that was a good idea as long as we didn't get drawn offsides or get a roughing the kicker call on 4th down. I agree with #6, it would be nice to get that contract signed so Evans can be our #1 WR for many more years. #9 is true as well. It is outstanding to see our quarterback continue to improve and make good decisions in important moments of the game.

This is one game that halftime adjustments worked heavily in the bills favor. I am a little disappointed that they played so piss poorly in the first half, on both sides of the ball... But, after halftime it was lights out on both sides of the ball.

Now, if that o-line will actually open some holes for lynch in the first quarter next week, we won't have to sweat out a comeback in the 2nd half. As evidence today, the key to victory on offense is a good running game. Hopefully they get the memo by next sunday.

Poz was huge today stuffing many runs and knocking the snot out of a couple of the Rams after receptions.

Kudos to Stroud and Williams for freeing up the Lb's. #91 made some plays as well.

Gotta love the halftime adjustment by Turk and running right at them to start the second half with a score. Never saw such adjustments by Fairchild.

Lets not forget Josh Reed's third down conversions, a few he had to juke a tackler to get the extra yards.

Like many people around here, I enjoy and look forward to your game summaries. These are the points that I agree with the most.

- Let's definitely sign Evans quickly.

- I think this was Poz's best game yet.

- Trent is the man. Where are all of the haters now? Those who couldn't stand the word poise and referred to Edwards supporters as "ballwashers". You guys know who you are. :rolleyes:

- Lynch is a beast! It's incredible how he can churn out a 4 or 5 yard gain out of nothing.

- We ARE long overdue for a great season!!!!

Hes definitly got myu attention now. Im willing to eat my crow. This kid can flat out play

That said hes got nothing on CHROISE :flirt:

The Evans pass was, once again, right on the money. Trent is the mistake resistant, "make a decision" QB we have longed for. Evans deserves major league money; his one fault, consistency, has seemed to fade with the ascendence of the OL. At this point we can split the rest of the games and be 10-6. Home playoff game is not out of the question.

OK. So here's the question:

Did last year's plague of injuries rise the team to a new level because second teamers (Wilson, Jackson, etc.) got all that experience?

Here's one. I've already made my ammends. :flirt:

Good post, Bill. Whitner is becoming one of those safeties whose games you can't watch without taking notice of them. The guy is all over the field, he plays with intensity, and therefore really stands out.

Regarding the ends, I seem to remember Schobel getting pressure on back-to-back pass plays at one point, the second of which ended a St. Louis drive by getting us a third down stop. Overall I've been disappointed with him, but he stepped up there. Kelsay is what he is, and what he is isn't a pass rusher.

Would really like to see Turk more willing to throw the ball on 1st down early in games. We need to come out firing to loosen up defenses and set up the run, not the other way around.

Evans is amazing, and this offense would look completely different without him. Get that signature!

Undefeated after a month of football, who woulda thunk it? GO BILLS!

The Evans pass was, once again, right on the money. Trent is the mistake resistant, "make a decision" QB we have longed for. Evans deserves major league money; his one fault, consistency, has seemed to fade with the ascendence of the OL. At this point we can split the rest of the games and be 10-6. Home playoff game is not out of the question.

OK. So here's the question:

Did last year's plague of injuries rise the team to a new level because second teamers (Wilson, Jackson, etc.) got all that experience?

The ascendence of the offensive line???? he has proven his consistency in spite of the O line.

No question about it. All of those injuries was awful, but the silver lining is that the Bills are very deep this season in several positions.

Here's one. I've already made my ammends. :rolleyes:

Whitner is becoming one of those safeties whose games you can't watch without taking notice of them. The guy is all over the field, he plays with intensity, and therefore really stands out.

Simpson was really physical today too. He has been criticized in the past for not being physical but he was really good on run support. That was also quite a lick that Mckelvin put on. Ouch

It is outstanding to see our quarterback continue to improve and make good decisions in important moments of the game.

Yeah, but let's hope that the next time he drops a snap (& every time after that) he simply falls on the ball. He darn near got his knee wrecked.