What is it the Bills do at halftime that completely turns games around

Big Turk

IMHO, Jauron giving the players Monday AND Tuesday off has a lot to do with it...

he has done it the past 2 weeks and the first half the team has looked just pathetic before figuring it out and turning it on in the 2nd half...

This team cannot count on one good half to keep winning games...it will eventually catch up to them...I feel like I am ranting about the Sabres poor play for the first 2 periods before turning it on and winning it in the 3rd...it caught up to them, and it will catch up to the Bills....

That said...damn this team can dissect a team at halftime with adjustments...the Rams did just about NOTHING after the half before they hit that 60 yard screen pass to Jackson...

the run was completely shut down...Jackson gained about 8 or 10 yards the entire second half averaging like 1 yard a carry or less...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, Jauron giving the players Monday AND Tuesday off has a lot to do with it...

he has done it the past 2 weeks and the first half the team has looked just pathetic before figuring it out and turning it on in the 2nd half...

This team cannot count on one good half to keep winning games...it will eventually catch up to them...I feel like I am ranting about the Sabres poor play for the first 2 periods before turning it on and winning it in the 3rd...it caught up to them, and it will catch up to the Bills....

That said...damn this team can dissect a team at halftime with adjustments...the Rams did just about NOTHING after the half before they hit that 60 yard screen pass to Jackson...

the run was completely shut down...Jackson gained about 8 or 10 yards the entire second half averaging like 1 yard a carry or less...

This is not that great of a team. with a few bad breaks we lose this game like we easily coulda lost last game.

Having your O line get trampled every week in the first half plus isn't gonna get the job done. Great comeback of course...but come on...

This 4-0 is a touch shaky

This is not that great of a team. with a few bad breaks we lose this game like we easily coulda lost last game.

Having your O line get trampled every week in the first half plus isn't gonna get the job done. Great comeback of course...but come on...

Yeah, this team sucks. :sick:

Every team in the NFL does that. Players will come in for some film on their own or with their coaches, but work starts on wednesday, as the coaches are reviewing and installing the gameplans for the last/next week respectively. Check every other team and I believe that you will find it to be accurate.

well, we have done what we needed to do to win 4 games out of 4 so far....

Sure the starts have been frustrating, but I think virtually every team has had at least 2 games so far where they can look at themselves and say the same thing...

Good teams make their own breaks...they make what seem like "lucky" plays at the time because they believe in themselves and have confidence that eventually what they are doing will work...bad teams have a "woe is me" feeling as soon as things start going badly for them, and start a self-fulfilling prophecy that leads to them blowing leads and games(Bills of the last 8 years are a perfect example, as are our last 2 opponents--Raiders did it again---blew a 15-0 lead to San Diego to lose 28-18)...

While I agree that the run blocking of the O-line is a very valid concern---as is their seemingly being flat and unprepared to compete the past 2 1st halves....their ability to find weaknesses and exploit them with halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball are really second to none at this point....Fewell did an excellent job last year, but the offense did not with Fairchild....now with Schonert, both sides are doing very well at changing things and doing thigns that work a lot more frequently in the second half...

There are no gimme wins in the NFL(ask Denver who lost to potentially the worst team in the NFL today...a brutal KC team), and you don't get bonus points because you win 38-0....

as they say in the gatorade commercial....

"A win is a win...a loss is a loss..."

well, we have done what we needed to do to win 4 games out of 4 so far....

Sure the starts have been frustrating, but I think virtually every team has had at least 2 games so far where they can look at themselves and say the same thing...

Good teams make their own breaks...they make what seem like "lucky" plays at the time because they believe in themselves and have confidence that eventually what they are doing will work...bad teams have a "woe is me" feeling as soon as things start going badly for them, and start a self-fulfilling prophecy that leads to them blowing leads and games(Bills of the last 8 years are a perfect example, as are our last 2 opponents--Raiders did it again---blew a 15-0 lead to San Diego to lose 28-18)...

While I agree that the run blocking of the O-line is a very valid concern---as is their seemingly being flat and unprepared to compete the past 2 1st halves....their ability to find weaknesses and exploit them with halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball are really second to none at this point....Fewell did an excellent job last year, but the offense did not with Fairchild....now with Schonert, both sides are doing very well at changing things and doing thigns that work a lot more frequently in the second half...

There are no gimme wins in the NFL(ask Denver who lost to potentially the worst team in the NFL today...a brutal KC team), and you don't get bonus points because you win 38-0....

as they say in the gatorade commercial....

"A win is a win...a loss is a loss..."

Yeah I agree with your post pretty much. But that O line,,,,,,yikes....

I've never seen a team get ridiculed for their ability to comeback. And I've certainly never seen the coaches flammed for having a shaky start, instead of praised for turning it around.

Is this how its going to be? We're undefeated and people are bitching? Seriously? Enjoy it folks.

The Bills may not be a great team, but keeping a half close, and then outplaying the opposition in the second half is fine, and a Hallmark of solid teams.

What is wrong if the Bills win in the fourth? In the past the Bills blew games in the fourth. Are we really complaining that the Bills win the game in the fourth quarter and not sooner?

There isnt anything wrong per se, other than we all said the same thing about the Sabres sleepwalking thru the first 2 periods and it ended up biting them in the butt eventually...

As long as they keep winning it is all well and fine, but there will be games where playing 1 half of football isn't enough to win....

It seems like the Bills are playing to the level of their competition this year...played very well against the Seahawks and Jags, 2 playoff teams from last year and very poorly against 2 supposed jokes of teams that we were supposed to blow out...

Granted I'll take the win, but I do not like how they seem so unprepared and flat entering the games

There isnt anything wrong per se, other than we all said the same thing about the Sabres sleepwalking thru the first 2 periods and it ended up biting them in the butt eventually...

As long as they keep winning it is all well and fine, but there will be games where playing 1 half of football isn't enough to win....

It seems like the Bills are playing to the level of their competition this year...played very well against the Seahawks and Jags, 2 playoff teams from last year and very poorly against 2 supposed jokes of teams that we were supposed to blow out...

Granted I'll take the win, but I do not like how they seem so unprepared and flat entering the games

31-14? that's a virtual blowout (2nd half) and certainly up to any expectations. Heck, some "guru's" had us

losing..

The Bills may not be a great team, but keeping a half close, and then outplaying the opposition in the second half is fine, and a Hallmark of solid teams.

'Tis true.

People forget that the Bills during the Super Bowl years were much much better in the 2nd half. They would generally start off slow and pick it up throughout the game.