Boldin down

RLflutie7

I blame the coach. It's amazing this stuff doesn't happen more often. You're down by more than 20 with less than 30 seconds left, just take a knee and come back fighting next week. But no, for some inexplicable reason, they're throwing it deep over the middle.

Madden made this point last year when we getting beat by the pats*. I thought to myself how i would feel if the bills took a knee when they were down 14 with 1 min left and honestly as bleak the situation i would still want them to play every down. Dont give up, ever

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the coach. It's amazing this stuff doesn't happen more often. You're down by more than 20 with less than 30 seconds left, just take a knee and come back fighting next week. But no, for some inexplicable reason, they're throwing it deep over the middle.

I blame the defensive players who knowingly and deliberately deliver head-to-head blows, particularly when the play is essentially meaningless.

I blame the defensive players who knowingly and deliberately deliver head-to-head blows, particularly when the play is essentially meaningless.

Absolutely, but look at the number of injuries that occur on completely clean plays. At the end of the game yesterday, what was the optimal outcome for the Cardinals? A TD as time expired to pull within two scores? Is there any sense to that whatsoever?

The question is, will he play Sunday? Tests say that he is alright, but they're not sure if he had a concussion or not. With a hit like that, does anyone think he plays?

I was waiting for this post. Will he play against the Bills next week? When does that "Probable, Doubtful" report stuff come out?

Breaking news: Jets S Eric Smith fined $50K and suspended for a game for the hit.

That'll teach him. Maybe next time he'll just yell "DROP IT!" really loudly instead of hitting him and trying to seperate the ball from the WR.

I don't think the Jet player will be fined...

Boldin initially got hit from behind by a Jet defender, which caused him to go forward and directly into the player in front who ended up hitting him in the helmet, rather unavoidably....

I saw it that way as well. I didn't think he should have been fined.

Breaking news: Jets S Eric Smith fined $50K and suspended for a game for the hit.

Obviously the league thought it was a dirty hit and I'm sure it wasn't because Boldin got hurt. IIRC, Hixon was never fined for the hit on Everett last year.

So that being said I think the fine and suspension are justified.

The question is, will he play Sunday? Tests say that he is alright, but they're not sure if he had a concussion or not. With a hit like that, does anyone think he plays?

The medical treatment for concussion recovery these days is that a player needs to be symptom free for a week before he gets the OK. Thus day-to-dau is the right statement for Boldin at this time as he clearly suffered some neurologic impact but there is uncertainty as to whether he had a concussion. If he wakes up with a headache today, Tuesday or Wed he would be held out.

If he awakes with a headache I guess the "manly" thing to do would be not to tell and to tough it out. This would also be the stupid thing to do as we are talking about potential paralysis here and should not be played with simply to entertain us heathens.

The medical treatment for concussion recovery these days is that a player needs to be symptom free for a week before he gets the OK. Thus day-to-dau is the right statement for Boldin at this time as he clearly suffered some neurologic impact but there is uncertainty as to whether he had a concussion. If he wakes up with a headache today, Tuesday or Wed he would be held out.

If he awakes with a headache I guess the "manly" thing to do would be not to tell and to tough it out. This would also be the stupid thing to do as we are talking about potential paralysis here and should not be played with simply to entertain us heathens.

I believe they can't play until an MRI image says they can come back.

Also, with only about 40 seconds left in regulation on the MNF game the cRavens decided to run the ball. If you're gonna run it why not just sit on it?

What?

It looks to me like Smith was lining up to spear Boldin in the chest, but Boldin got hit from behind lower where his head was and it became a helmet to helmet hit.

I saw it live on TV - scary for sure!

The video: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b2d727

That's exactly how I saw it. Smith was not aiming for the head. If they were going to fine anyone, it should have been the DB on the backside who hit Boldin's head and pushed it down into the path of Smith's helmet. It was a devastating hit, but there's nothing that Smith could have done in that situation and he wasn't aiming for the head. I wonder if NFL officials know they oversee a hard contact sport?