Gotta Love the Pats* Fans!

The Pats * have the greatest bandwagon fans in the NFL! I love watching them fall apart along with their annoying fans.

Cornerback Ellis Hobbs [stats] was particularly vocal.

“It amazes me - it amazes me - how people react,” said Hobbs, who watched the Pats’ 21-game win streak come to a grinding halt. “You would think this organization hasn’t won as much as they have and been as successful in the years that they have. It’s a testament to how spoiled they are. Expectations are that high that we’re not allowed a bad game? How many times has someone had a bad day at the office? How many times has someone missed a deadline for getting a paper in, or whatever?

“Even the kids . . they’ve got the kids out there, where I’m hearing they’re even crying over this and that’s a direct relationship from the parents down. Is it that bad? You’ve got people dying every day. This is a sport. And you’ve got kids out there crying over a loss in the regular season? It makes me look at it like, ‘Am I supposed to be crying?’ ”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...&position=2

This is only going to get worse (or better depending on your perspective :huh: )

A guy called into WEEI this morning discussing the fact that he had to pay $175 a piece for his 5 tickets, and another $50 for parking, and if they are going to play like that, they better get used to the booing.

How long until Kraft gives a call to his buddy Goddell to try and getting a secret exemption on the cheating rules. :devil:

I will say that is one thing I love about being a buffalo fan, we don't boo our own players. I've been to a couple of blowouts at the ralph, and we've had some bad teams recently, but I've never seen the crowd turn on our players. I go to the bills/jets game every year at the meadowlands, and its unbelievable. People can't wait for their team to screw up so that they can let them hear it. Philly and boston same thing, even though the pats* have won 3 superbowls this decade.

I will say that is one thing I love about being a buffalo fan, we don't boo our own players. I've been to a couple of blowouts at the ralph, and we've had some bad teams recently, but I've never seen the crowd turn on our players. I go to the bills/jets game every year at the meadowlands, and its unbelievable. People can't wait for their team to screw up so that they can let them hear it. Philly and boston same thing, even though the pats* have won 3 superbowls this decade.

:devil:

Rob Johnson begs to differ.

East coast turds. In is in the mentality since birth.

I will say that is one thing I love about being a buffalo fan, we don't boo our own players.

You obviously weren't around for the bad teams of the 70's/80's :devil:

I will say that is one thing I love about being a buffalo fan, we don't boo our own players.

uhhhhh, the futile offensive years from Johnson and Bledsoe care to differ. maybe we werent booing specific players, but when Gilbride was calling the shots and our offense was going 3-and-out every possession, i specifically remember lots of booing in the ralph.

it was a little different though. this wasnt during the first bad game in 7 seasons of championships.

I heartily booed Bledsoe in 2003 at home against Miami.

OK, every team has hear the boo birds in their own stadium from time to time. But the point here is that the Pats* fans have recently enjoyed a tremendous amount of success and owe it to the team to give them a pass for a while, especially while they push on without Brady. I happen to agree that the Pats* have earned that pass and the fans should be grateful for what they had. I cannot even imagine how long the appreciation for the Bills would last if we were to win the Super Bowl just once.

Caught this "rumor" from MSNBC's home page referencing an article from the Boston Globe:

Moss is finished with Cassel

One Patriot who is clearly missing Tom Brady is wide receiver Randy Moss. Cassel hasn't made him a prime target yet. Maybe it's because teams are throwing extra defenders in the face of Moss but Moss seems to think there is more to it than that. He opted to sit alone in the first half during the Patriots' 38-13 loss to the Dolphins instead of with the offense. And he didn’t' even bother to try and catch a few underthrown and overthrown balls Cassel actually did launch his way. Looks like it'll be a long season for Randy. (Boston Globe)

The Pats * have the greatest bandwagon fans in the NFL! I love watching them fall apart along with their annoying fans.

“It amazes me - it amazes me - how people react,” said Hobbs, who watched the Pats’ 21-game win streak come to a grinding halt. “You would think this organization hasn’t won as much as they have and been as successful in the years that they have. It’s a testament to how spoiled they are. Expectations are that high that we’re not allowed a bad game? How many times has someone had a bad day at the office? How many times has someone missed a deadline for getting a paper in, or whatever?

“Even the kids . . they’ve got the kids out there, where I’m hearing they’re even crying over this and that’s a direct relationship from the parents down. Is it that bad? You’ve got people dying every day. This is a sport. And you’ve got kids out there crying over a loss in the regular season? It makes me look at it like, ‘Am I supposed to be crying?’ ”

Belichick had better break out the video cameras because the Pats underbelly has been exposed. Cassel is NOT going to engineer many comeback wins this season.

:devil:

Rob Johnson begs to differ.

I probably phrased that wrong. What I was getting at is that I think the Buffalo crowd creates a hostile environment for visitors 100% of the time, and for our own team maybe 1% of the time. Jets and Eagles fans on the other hand create just as hostile an environment for the home team as they do for the visitors.

There was booing as the Bills ran off the field at the half this past Sunday. But I think you mean to say (correctly) that it's a whole different quality of sentiment with some of those other teams you mention. There's always an unshakable love behind the booing, when it happens, here.

At the Comeback Game in '93 I remember the crowd loudly booing the Bills as they ran to the locker room at the half trailing 35-3...that made me feel even lower than I already was. But, damn, you know what? Those boos turned to cheers just 20 minutes later as they came out to start the second half...go figure!

There was booing as the Bills ran off the field at the half this past Sunday. But I think you mean to say (correctly) that it's a whole different quality of sentiment with some of those other teams you mention. There's always an unshakable love behind the booing, when it happens, here.

At the Comeback Game in '93 I remember the crowd loudly booing the Bills as they ran to the locker room at the half trailing 35-3...that made me feel even lower than I already was. But, damn, you know what? Those boos turned to cheers just 20 minutes later as they came out to start the second half...go figure!

Actually they went in 28-3 at the half. Beginning of the third they went down 35-3 (on an INT?). Your point is well taken. Fans who left were climbing fences to get back in by the 4th quarter.

Hobs has a valid point:

"Even the kids . . they've got the kids out there, where I'm hearing they're even crying over this and that's a direct relationship from the parents down. Is it that bad? You've got people dying every day. This is a sport. And you've got kids out there crying over a loss in the regular season? It makes me look at it like, 'Am I supposed to be crying?' "

If I recall correctly, it was a brutally painful Chad Pennington-like out pattern that got picked and run back by Bubba McDowell in the blink of an eye.

You're right about the pick, but the pass went right through the hands of McKellar first. Should have been a completion.

I'd have to side with him because he makes very valid points. You have to blame the DC for not adjusting after the very first trick play. If you can't, then you have no business coaching in the NFL.

This reminds me of the 1993 AFC Championship game when the Doll Fans absolutely refused to believe that we would dare to try another screen to Thurman after it worked great initially. I guess they were looking forward to an early winter vacation. You don't think Fewell was making sure another slot receiver didn't have quite the easy time after that 84 yard TD? I don't think Russell attempted another pass in that area afterwards.

Off topic: I don't get the paranoia of Red Sox fans after winning two WS. To them I guess, the Yankees won those. :nana: