I heard Colin Cowherd today say that Trent Edwards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Trent and think he's shown some promise but him being in the top 10 QB's in the league probably is an indicator of how bad quarterbacking is in the current state of the NFL. Gus Frerotte and Kerry Collins are starting QB's. Nuff said.

I like Trent and think he's shown some promise but him being in the top 10 QB's in the league probably is an indicator of how bad quarterbacking is in the current state of the NFL. Gus Frerotte and Kerry Collins are starting QB's. Nuff said.

I was thinking about this recently......there is actually quite a bit of good young talent at QB at the moment. It's just that there are quite a few teams with "who's that guy" QBs also.

Rivers, Cutler, Brees, Romo, Rodgers, Campbell, Roethisburger, Edwards, Manning.....with oldies of Brady, Manning, Favre, Warner, McNabb, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Bulger.

Trent needs to show it for the year. Remember when we all (most) thought JP was a top 10 QB after the great end in 06

Uhhhhhhh.... No. I'm fairly certain no one felt that way aside from maybe you. I was one of the biggest Losman supporters and my point was that he was showing improvement back then. The thought of him being a top 10 qb never crossed my mind and I'm fairly certain that is the opinion of the majority.

I was thinking about this recently......there is actually quite a bit of good young talent at QB at the moment. It's just that there are quite a few teams with "who's that guy" QBs also.

Rivers, Cutler, Brees, Romo, Rodgers, Campbell, Roethisburger, Edwards, Manning.....with oldies of Brady, Manning, Favre, Warner, McNabb, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Bulger.

That young group will all be playing against each other in big games for a long time, could be a great era for the NFL. Notable ommissions form that list: Leinart, Young, Smith (and rightly so)

yea act like you didn't thik that back then

340 1 3

169 1 0

184 2 2

157 0 2

200 0 3

266 2 1

237 2 1

and everyone was pissed we took a QB in R3

Actually I think The Real was spot on......he was showing improvement which gave us hope that he could become a top 10 QB. His #11 QBR for the season had many feeling that if he improves on his decision making(not getting sacked so much) that he might have what it takes. Many still feel the same way.

Trent needs to show it for the year. Remember when we all (most) thought JP was a top 10 QB after the great end in 06

Yikes, I don't remember that at all. As much as this board discussed Losman, I don't believe anyone rated him in the top 10 at any point of his Bills career. Although I was hoping he would be.

As for Trent, he's not top 10 yet. But he definitely has the potential to be. He's only 24, Jim Kelly was playing for the Houston Gamblers at age 24. No one knows how good he will be, but his future looks bright....GO BILLS!!!

The thing about Trent is that he has shown the things very few young QBs have--poise in the pocket and good decision making. I would say he is about the 10th best in the league right now easily.--JP never showed those 2 essential QB traits.

JP never showed great poise in the pocket or great decision making. Thats what Trent has. So the situation is much different.

Not really..He had promise and showed it for 5 games at most..The rest was an exercise in frustration

The thing about Trent is that he has shown the things very few young QBs have--poise in the pocket and good decision making. I would say he is about the 10th best in the league right now easily.--JP never showed those 2 essential QB traits.

I remember last year when a few posters were saying I am so sick of hearing about this poise crap..Some were so sick of it they made a joke out of it.."The Chroise"..and others come to mind...I dont think anyones joking about his poise anymore..Granted its only his 12th start but his book has been started...Other QB's havent even found an author yet..

JP never showed great poise in the pocket or great decision making. Thats what Trent has. So the situation is much different.

Agreed

My top ten QB's in the league today.

1. Tony Romo

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Carson Palmer

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Brett Favre

7. Jay Cutler

8. Eli Manning

9. Phillip Rivers

10. Kurt Warner

I don't think Trent Edwards is there yet, but he will be soon. Also not on the list is Aaron Rogers or Big Ben Rothlisberger. Tom Brady is not on the list either because he (obviously) is injured.

JMHO

Zack

Back to back game winning drives in the 4th quarter- Trent is the man. He is cool as a cucumber and there is no one I would rather have QBing the Bills with the game on the line. He is most definitely top 10 in the NFL

In Trent's own words, he "didn't show up for the first 3 quarters." Sure, the 4th quarter comeback was tremendous but it never comes to that with a top-10 guy.

It's still a work in progress. When he starts doing it for 4 quarters, then we'll have our top-10 guy.

Not really..He had promise and showed it for 5 games at most..The rest was an exercise in frustration

I remember last year when a few posters were saying I am so sick of hearing about this poise crap..Some were so sick of it they made a joke out of it.."The Chroise"..and others come to mind...I dont think anyones joking about his poise anymore..Granted its only his 12th start but his book has been started...Other QB's havent even found an author yet..

Agreed

Yep, where is that thread about Hamdan now? Some of the posters(and you know who you are) should really man up & admit they were wrong about Edwards. I have only seen one to date & that was 1billsfan.