A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10) Trent is really going to be something special. Hey....is he already the best QB in the AFC East? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

A lot of people oozing over the Evans pass, which was great, but I liked the ball to Hardy more. It was the kind of throw I haven't seen from a Bills QB in a long time: Perfect touch, absolutely accurate, and no chance of an INT.

Also, in those 5 incomplete passes are 2 good throwaways (1 in end zone, 1 in a sideline route to Parrish that was totally read by the safety), a drop on a hot pass to Hardy that still hit him in the hands and head, and a bad throw to Royal. I can't remember the 5th incomplete. What I'm saying is that I remember 1 poorly thrown ball. All day. That's a "wow" stat.

He averaged 9 yards per attempt today and he's averaging 8 yards per attempt so far this season.

A lot of people oozing over the Evans pass, which was great, but I liked the ball to Hardy more. It was the kind of throw I haven't seen from a Bills QB in a long time: Perfect touch, absolutely accurate, and no chance of an INT.

Also, in those 5 incomplete passes are 2 good throwaways (1 in end zone, 1 in a sideline route to Parrish that was totally read by the safety), a drop on a hot pass to Hardy that still hit him in the hands and head, and a bad throw to Royal. I can't remember the 5th incomplete. What I'm saying is that I remember 1 poorly thrown ball. All day. That's a "wow" stat.

He averaged 9 yards per attempt today and he's averaging 8 yards per attempt so far this season.

Agreed. He made a lot of great throws today. He looks a lot better than last year. And the offense he is running by Shonert helps a great deal. if Fairchild was still here I am convinced we would be 1-1. I didn't have a lot of confidence in Shonert based on his resume but through pre-season and the first two games he makes a world of difference.

The incompletions, in order:

1 - out of EZ

2 - tipped (Reed?), could have been caught

3 - Royal

4 - Hardy

5 - Parrish

1) It is probably me, but I cannot stomach Steve Tasker. I would have been blasting him for years if he wasn't so nice to Cindy. What a freaking horror show!

2) Trent has great chemistry with Josh Reed, and it is coming together with Evans. :wallbash:

3) Winning games is pretty. Winning games is good.

Seems like all we ever wanted was some blockers.

This can be our secret.

We can keep it good,

If they make the playoffs, I'm an Orchard Park-er.

This is a call to all of,

The Bills Fan Nation!

This is a call to all!

This is a call to all of,

The Bills Fan Nation!

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) I am up for being less conservative but a sack after the deuce, with no Jax timeouts? If they are trying to give me a heart attack it probably won't work because I took my 20 mg. Zocor for my cholesteral before the game.

5) He made what I consider to be the play of the game, but Kyle Williams had a rough outing today. Still, I like the kid; the son of a B word never quits.

6) Sorry, but we need to get better at Center. A rusty Peters hurt us on the sack/fumble, but Fowler was killing us today.

7) Very bad move by Jauron to make that challenge. Everybody else in the free world knew that the play would stand.

8) LOL.....watch the replay. On the 1st qtr. Lynch TD run Peters almost killed a guy. He will get it together, and I'm not even a little bit worried.

9) Hats off to Youboty. The kid made some very nice, and important plays.

10) Trent is really going to be something special. Hey....is he already the best QB in the AFC East? :wallbash::wallbash::D

11) This is all just so f :wallbash: ing great!

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill: With regard to Tasker, I'm thinking at this point that it is you. I thought he was fine, and that he was fairly perceptive throughout. And not that I care that much, but he seemed to want the Bills to win.

Agreed. He made a lot of great throws today. He looks a lot better than last year. And the offense he is running by Shonert helps a great deal. if Fairchild was still here I am convinced we would be 1-1. I didn't have a lot of confidence in Shonert based on his resume but through pre-season and the first two games he makes a world of difference.

You're giving Fairchild a lot of credit. No way he goes for the field goal at the half, nor the quick TD after the turnover (in week 1).

The incompletions, in order:

1 - out of EZ

2 - tipped (Reed?), could have been caught

3 - Royal

4 - Hardy

5 - Parrish

Right. I remember #2 now. That's a good day at the office.

He's not Manning but he can get hit the out with plenty of velocity. His deep throws may need more work in accuracy and timing--strength is not an issue unless people are bummed he can't toss a ball 60 yards without a windup, which rarely results in a completion anyways.

A few things to add:

- This was a good road win against a good defense--they put up the necessary 20 points to get a road win. In fact, for the most part, it seemed like they moved the ball at will. There were two series where they played it conservative, the first time they were backed in their own territory, and that was the right thing to do. The second with just over two minutes to play in the first half, and I thought they should've gone to a two-minute drill, but it looked like they were playing not to lose. Jax got the ball back and got their first score.

- I am really looking forward to see how this offense plays against the Pats' D.

- I really liked the use of F. Jackson today, a couple of big plays.

- Nice baby step for Hardy too. That indeed was a perfect throw where only Hardy had a chance for it. This is going to open things up for Evans in the red zone too.

- Everyone in our group watching the game believed TE would take us down and score on that last drive. I was never that confident with JP. There's a little irony in the fact that JP getting knocked out of the Pats game last year lead to the emergence of Trent Edwards.

- Love the depth we have at CB now. Youboty is pushing for time, but Greer has done nothing to lose his spot. In fact, he gets picked on the most and continues to make plays.

- The defense had some lapses, but came up big when they needed to stop Jax in the 4th. Luckily, Jax was put into a situation where they needed to pass the ball which exposed their weakness in the middle of the line.

- The Bills can easily be 5 and 0 going into the bye week, but 4 and 1 wouldn't be so bad....

One of my concerns: I think the weakest part of the Bills' defense is the LB unit, and certainly the thinnest. Of course, weak is a relative term.

This team is fun to watch. In watching the games so far this year, I find the biggest difference is that I rarely say "how could they be so stupid?" Especially wrt to the offensive play calling.

One more name to add to the list of guys that left it all out there. Josh Reed. He may not have had a big day receiving, but did you see the all the physical work this guy does? I was pretty impressed, today.

Reed was getting quite open late, but for some reason Trent wasn't throwing his way. Once he threw short and incomplete to Royal, I think another ended up an outlet to Jackson.

Reed was getting quite open late, but for some reason Trent wasn't throwing his way. Once he threw short and incomplete to Royal, I think another ended up an outlet to Jackson.

That was Trent being Trent. He still seems to prefer the safe option to the, slightly riskier, open option downfield.

I think that it is often a smart trade off:

1. For him as a young, inexperienced QB

2. For this team, right now, as the D and ST are performing well, and the competition hasn't had an explosive O.

But, I'd like to see him take the downfield open option, more often, as he grows more comfortable. I hope, and think, he will.

One point to add, hopefully without sounding like an ass...only 1 offensive holding call against the Jags was a freakin joke. There were times when our guys got tackled and no flag. But, the team persevered on the road. Very nice win!!!

I'd almost call it a trend. Haven't seem much non-Bills football yet this year, but it seems they're calling less holding to me. The Bills got away with a couple also.

I'm just surprised that noone has mentioned jackson's game today. He played a huge roll in today's win. And what a call on that third and 1, play action pass to him I think for 12 yds. At the time that was a huge play. He had a great day receiving.