A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

Before I go "all in", I will wait to see how he handles bad weather, this year. I'm not suggesting he has to be great in the cold and snow (few QBs are), just that he handle it better than he did last year, and still play with confidence.

I don't blame you. After all, we are Bills Fans. You know....people who are sure that there could be another "just give it to 'em" call just around the corner.

Still, taking the above at face value.....it is not a big concern of mine. The kid has 11 starts and went from sunny California to Buffalo. I think that he is smart enough and good enough to learn a few tricks in the elements.

This is really getting exciting Deano! ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills cannot sign him, they will once again be reduced to chasing his replacement in the draft. This would be a huge mistake, assuming that he still wants to play here. I want to see the team able to pick and choose from the best OC, DT, etc. in the 09 draft instead of being locked in at 1 position.

But, I am so happy about 2-0 that I am going to allow myself a break from worrying about the draft. ;)

And there was much rejoicing ... :(

You know where I was at re: TE/JP last season, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Here's something I really liked from yesterday -- this is about the Evans pass right before the TD to Hardy. Courtesy of the Florida Times-Union:

Edwards said he studied that play last week because Evans was open when the Bills ran it last year against the Jaguars, but J.P. Losman, who was then playing quarterback, didn't connect with Evans.

"Lee ran a post corner on the safety and it was the same situation over again and it was a matter of watching it develop, standing there with the ball and getting it to him," Edwards said.

And there was much rejoicing ... ;)

You know where I was at re: TE/JP last season, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Here's something I really liked from yesterday -- this is about the Evans pass right before the TD to Hardy. Courtesy of the Florida Times-Union:

I heard Trent relate that in his post-game interview yesterday, and I found it hugely impressive. Never hurts to have a guy with talent who's also a student of the game.

The concern I had with the sack/fumble wasn't so much Peters' play or the challenge, but that rusher up the middle really laid a nasty lick on Trent. It didn't seem to phase him much, though. It's good to know he's not another Rob Johnson after a hit like that.

If he keeps improving the way he has, so far, I will give you credit for calling it early. In most phases of the game, he looks pretty damn good already.

Before I go "all in", I will wait to see how he handles bad weather, this year. I'm not suggesting he has to be great in the cold and snow (few QBs are), just that he handle it better than he did last year, and still play with confidence.

But, so far, so good!

Come on Deano.....say it.....just once.....you know you want to.....

19 and 0 baby!!!! ;)

Come on Deano.....say it.....just once.....you know you want to.....

19 and 0 baby!!!! ;)

I have no interest in purposefully making myself seem stupid in front of many people. I do it enough, unintentionally, thank you.